TAW starts testing custom maps

124»

Comments

• PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Neoken wrote: »
    12 shalt be the number of players thou shalt count, and the number of the playercount shalt be 12. 13 shalt thou not count, neither count thou 11, unless thou then proceed to 12. 14 is right out!

WHAT !?
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    @‌Pelargir
    Its from Monty Python you you..... :P

And yes, the server is 20 slot.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Ok maptests have begun again after we needed to find a new day when to test maps (sry for the delay). It will happen every 2 weeks on wednesday and I can't guarantee a 6v6 anymore. It will be something between 6v6 and 8v8 now.

Furthermore we will have 4 teams playing it on 2 different servers at the same time.

I have no idea if I can invite the mappers to the tests now but I will try.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    @Mephiles‌
    Good. What's scheduled for the next sessions ?
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    I guess I go for ns2_hydra on the 17th December and we'll do O.R.A. on 7th January (little break due to christmas and new year)
    just some news for those of you who ask what happened here: due to the mod timeout thingy the testing has been stopped until build 273 because we have some problems with updating maps (especially outer rim ark for me)
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Me sad.

Same on my side with 'prison' and 'veil 5' +ORA of course.
  • MasterGMasterG gmfbst Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20169Members, Squad Five Blue
    Planning release of Mineral B2.02 next week. Any chance for some rounds played on it with even teams(possibly the same teams as last time you guys ran it)?
    it will be pretty much impossible to run it with the exact same teams since I have no control over the team members. And I also don't want to test the same map twice in a row. The next map test with mineral could be on the 4th March... not sure if that's too late for you. Otherwise we can maybe schedule an internal scrim and play on mineral (internal scrims are 6v6 only allowing competitive TAW players if you wanna know the difference to our usual scrims)
  • MasterGMasterG gmfbst Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20169Members, Squad Five Blue
    Ok, it was just a suggestion to check difference in the map only depending on the map and not teams. March 4 does seem a bit late though so anything before that would be very much appreciated. And 6v6 is definitelty preferred. Thanks!