NS2 WC Horizon bracket prizes

detectordetector Members Join Date: 2013-09-07 Member: 187984Posts: 21 Advanced user
I have a simple grievance. it has been several months since my (former) team Mimic won the NS2WC horizon bracket. Our team, as well as Scurvy, Singularity, and one other team (Quactus i think?) were promised prizes. First there was mention of graphics cards or cpus, but no promises. Finally, months after the contest ended, it was revealed to me and a few others by zefram that the prize is actually "ns2 merch" like t-shirts and posters and shit. Naturally we would all have preferred expensive technology, but merch from the game we love is appreciated.

I have yet to receive anything. My teammates have yet to receive anything. I don't think anyone has received any such promised prize. I don't like bitching, and held my tongue for several months (aside from bugging zefram every other day.) I think we have waited long enough. Pull a few bucks out of that Subnautica game that people will stop playing after 2 months, and give us our prizes. I've heard Hugh was in charge of the horizon bracket prizes. Where our stuff be, Hugh?

THANKS FRIENDS

dictated, not read, -Satyr
soccerguy243Sharp-Shooterelodea

Comments

• MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, SpainMembers, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Posts: 4,177 Advanced user
    edited May 2014
    While we're at it, the NS2WC 3rd/4th place finalists were promised Logitech gear and all I heard is that "physical stuff takes time" and that was quite a while ago.
    Decoyelodea
  • HivelordHivelord Members, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2003-06-21 Member: 17567Posts: 140 Fully active user
    Welcome to the gaming industry.
    E t e r n o . n z
  • prevertmaximusprevertmaximus Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11630Posts: 158 Advanced user
    What about the people the made donations to the NS2WC, and were supposed to get posters and other stuff as well. Been a long while now and still nothing. :(
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WIMembers, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Posts: 1,437 Advanced user
    edited May 2014
    Wasabi made a post a while back about ns2wc posters. He can't ship them till he has everyone's address... or something along those lines.

@mendasp As for the Logi gear, ask Hugh. I heard hes got a good story about that.
  • current1ycurrent1y Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Posts: 677 Advanced user
    Wut...i thought only the winner got prizes? 2nd place gets some?
  • detectordetector Members Join Date: 2013-09-07 Member: 187984Posts: 21 Advanced user
    at first zef said only winner will get one big prize, then he changed it to all four getting something smaller. TAP got really mad.
  • detectordetector Members Join Date: 2013-09-07 Member: 187984Posts: 21 Advanced user
    edited May 2014
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/profile/comments/104623/WasabiOne
    I'm reading wasabi's posts and don't see it, joshhhy. unless you mean his personal blog or sumfin?

oh, and TAP sent him and zefram a list of our team's full names and addresses.
  • ZinkeyZinkey Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester Join Date: 2013-06-25 Member: 185694Posts: 123
    edited May 2014
    WasabiOne wrote: »
    the NS2WC posters are all packed and ready to ship, but I am waiting on a few more addresses. My post office said bring them all at once, hopefully go out next weekend

Source : http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2191081/

Was just over a month ago, maybe @WasabiOne‌ has an update since then.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, SpainMembers, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Posts: 4,177 Advanced user
    joshhh wrote: »
    Wasabi made a post a while back about ns2wc posters. He can't ship them till he has everyone's address... or something along those lines.

@mendasp As for the Logi gear, ask Hugh. I heard hes got a good story about that.

Yes, I've heard some stuff, which is interesting, since I was requested to send all of our addresses for the stuff, which I provided like 2 weeks after the Cologne event...
    joshhh
  • TheriusTherius Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Posts: 750 Advanced user
    I'm starting to think our address information was sent straight to Nigeria.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure...Members Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Posts: 799 Fully active user
    Don't ever ''get ban''.

Respect - Justice

If my posts don't make sense, blame it on my bipolar and carry on. It happens.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure...Members Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Posts: 799 Fully active user
    Bump
    Don't ever ''get ban''.

Respect - Justice

thx rap friend. were you in the horizon bracket?
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind youMembers Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Posts: 1,684 Advanced user
    Move to veteran section?

Anyways, I suggest you contact Hugh.
    When life gives you lemons, throw it back and demand chocolate.

detector wrote: »
    thx rap friend. were you in the horizon bracket?

Nope. For justice!
    Don't ever ''get ban''.

Respect - Justice

• Sharp-ShooterSharp-Shooter Members Join Date: 2011-05-11 Member: 98364Posts: 263 Fully active user
    they also said last season a team would get prizes, and the winner never received the prizes wasabione was suppose to send, they even made a thread about it complaining.

which is why when i heard we would get prizes i didn't believe it, but was hoping for it
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise landMembers, Reinforced - Onos Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Posts: 1,543 Advanced user
    joshhh wrote: »

like this ?

ChubbChubbs ???

Reach me on NS2 forums in :
    Map: Outer Rim Ark and Outer Rim Ark Edge
    b1.se
    would love a response.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AUMembers, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Posts: 515 mod
    detector wrote: »
    would love a response.

nope.

Decoyelodea
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Posts: 1,337 Advanced user
    Not to be a dick but in the past the Horizon Bracket was clearly for people to just keep having some games for fun - there were rarely ever any mentions of prizes.

You should probably directly contact the organizer instead of necro'ing this thread.
    "If great visuals brings players in, great gameplay gets them to stay." - Valve
    Decoy
  • DecoyDecoy Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Posts: 400 vanilla
    This was already answered in another thread, Satyr, about the exact same thing. If you can't be bothered to check it, well, I don't know what to tell you. I'm closing this thread so you can't uselessly bump it any more.
    UWE Playtest Co-Lead
    coolitic
This discussion has been closed.