Rookie Free Servers

12346»

Comments

• ns2isgoodns2isgood Join Date: 2013-04-16 Member: 184847Members
    KKG has the best NS2 servers, thanks for hosting them.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    One more pleased ns2 citizen here. Been having some fun games on the rookie free servers, thank you!
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2014
    amoral wrote: »
    tried rookie free today, got booted. does profile need to be set to public? my ns2stats had 200 hours on it.

Sir you only have 64h at ns2stats. http://ns2stats.com/player/player/76175?alltime=true

And yes the steam api requires that profiles are public.
  • KingKahuna[KKG]™KingKahuna[KKG]™ Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9507Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2014
    tried rookie free today, got booted. does profile need to be set to public? my ns2stats had 200 hours on it.

Sir you only have 64h at ns2stats. http://ns2stats.com/player/player/76175?alltime=true

@amoral lol duh, what he said (edited)

@ghoul beat me to it. ;)
  • DaxxDaxx Join Date: 2002-04-16 Member: 460Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow

(this isn't directed at you, just stating)

If you do the reverse and join the "Rookie Only" servers and start curbstomping greens, it's a ban too. Someone who's 30:1 on those servers with a private profile earns a ban with a polite "You know enough to go to the non-learning server".
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members

woops, coulda sworn I saw a 200 in there somewhere, but it was kinda quick.
  • KingKahuna[KKG]™KingKahuna[KKG]™ Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9507Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow

You probably have 200 hrs logged in steam, but because your steam profile is set to private, mod can't read your hours played to verify your status as "non-rookie".
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members

You probably have 200 hrs logged in steam, but because your steam profile is set to private, mod can't read your hours played to verify your status as "non-rookie".

:p 200 hours, give or take a 1000. I have 200 rounds on ns2 stats. I guess that's what it was.
    Special shout out to two players: Bulls Eye, and ZZyxz

I actually caught them playing in my Rookie Only servers, much to my surprise, they were there HELPING the new players learn the game. We are excited to tell them thanks for what they do, and are always grateful when we have a player base with players with a service attitude.

Thanks!
    edited January 2014
    UPDATE: 1/29/14

After running Rookie Free servers the last 10days, or so; has proven to be a big hit!

We have seen:

1) more balanced game play
    2) more team work
    3) very intense battles
    4) excellent sportsmanship
    5) little, to no "stack" complaints
    6) elo random/shuffle teams with excellent results

and last but not least by any means,

7) excellent new friendships established overall

After running the Rookie Only server the last 10days, or so; has also proven to be a big success!

We have seen:

1) very balanced game play
    2) excellent service attitude from our admin staff, and others teaching the new players game strategy, and other things.
    3) LONG drawn out games, lasting over an hour, and sometimes 2hrs. lol
    4) elo random/shuffle teams with excellent results
    5) LOTS of players with 100hrs-2000hrs+ trying to pubstomp rookie players end in perm. bans (on the rookie only server, only). The experience checks in place are working very good. They are not perfect, but are working upwards of 99% success.

The biggest complaint, is without question; "Why can't I join the Rookie Free server? I'm not a rookie! I have X# hrs, and elo of ###." The answer to that question/complaint is almost always, Your steam profile is set to private. Which is an easy fix, actually.

We are listening to your suggestions, and implementing them as much as possible. We thank you all for your support, and comments.

Enjoy! Lets frag!