A frank NS2WC discussion

Comments

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited December 2013
    ENSL basically did this through the match pages. Both teams had to confirm a time in writing. With the small amount of time the Admins had to put this event together, I'm sure they just had more pressing matters to attend to. Maybe the damn NSL website will be done in time for Season 4 and we can get something like this going in there.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    That never really happened. When we played ENSL we always just confirmed the time with the other team and played the game. Or played it a week or two too late because of that.
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    the ns2wc scheduling page is so retarded. If i wanted brain cancer i would read that so please post ascension vs quactus game here once "officially" scheduled.
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    It's Sunday, December 15th - 5AM EST / 11AM CET / 9PM AEST and going to be casted by Seb @ twitch.tv/ausns2
  • TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Who said anything about us confirming that?!?!?!

Nvm jk gg looking forward to.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited December 2013
    nezz wrote: »
    the ns2wc scheduling page is so retarded. If i wanted brain cancer i would read that so please post ascension vs quactus game here once "officially" scheduled.

I remember the first time I learned how to read an excel spreadsheet too.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Therius wrote: »
    Who said anything about us confirming that?!?!?!

Nvm jk gg looking forward to.

rofl

• Slayar_auSlayar_au Join Date: 2013-08-28 Member: 187122Members
    edited December 2013
    joshhh wrote: »
    nezz wrote: »

I remember the first time I learned how to read an excel spreadsheet too.

rofl
    looking forwards to that right up fana
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Slayar_au wrote: »
    One of those magic moments when using the wrong word has hilarious consequences.

• fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Congrats to Ascension on the upset, I'm not sure why I'm being dragged into this though?
    fanatic wrote: »
    Congrats to Ascension on the upset, I'm not sure why I'm being dragged into this though?

Genuinely looking forwards to the write up; no insinuation or aggression intended.

And thanks ;)
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    fanatic wrote: »

Genuinely looking forwards to the write up; no insinuation or aggression intended.

And thanks ;)

Why not edit post? lol
    Roobubba wrote: »
    One of those magic moments when using the wrong word has hilarious consequences.

because this
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    Cheers to Saunamen & Quaxertus for the fun games. Wish we got to play you more often, damn time zones :( We really don't have scrim partners of your calibre :(
    wtf jekt do you sleep
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Slayar stop making useless posts.
    edited December 2013
    Aaaaaand let's talk about something else or I might not have any reason to watch my afternoon soaps anymore. I'm kinda waiting for people to start foreshadowing events to come after each post.
    "Next time on One Life To Live: NS2 Edition!... zefram is caught cheating on Wasabi and also blamed for Global Warming. Tune in next week!"

Anyway...
    It looks like (most of) the qualifier matches have all been played. Really enjoyed watching the games thus far. From what it looks like, these will be the quarterfinals:

*Letter designates group and number designates ranking in said group*
    (A1) Snails vs (B2) Retiring ...assuming they don't lose to nL and whoever else they have to play. They need 5 points over the next two matches to top Singularity's score.
    (A2) Radical vs (B1) Titus
    (C1) Saunamen vs (D2) Imagine
    (C2) Ascension vs (D1) Godar

Edit: my grammar level drops to 3rd grade before my morning coffee. :o
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    A1, B1, D2, D1 are my predections for the quarter finals.
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    the group C & D matchups could be very exciting to watch. I really think its time for Godar to shine, they looked good yesterday and I hope that can carry through to the Quarters. No matter what, good luck to everyone! Also ALL matches of the quarter finals will be casted, so everyone regardless of time will be able to see those game. Thank you to everyone that helped record all the qualifier matches, we got a lot of them! dont forget to check out www.ns2wc.com for the most up to date info...
  • PopturePopture Join Date: 2012-11-22 Member: 172879Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Let's be frank, WasabiOne, it's Ascension to beat in the group C & D matchups.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    The off-topic excitement surrounding Fana's 10 minute twitch ban has been split off into its own thread. Please try to keep this thread on topic.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    WasabiOne wrote: »
    the group C & D matchups could be very exciting to watch. I really think its time for Godar to shine, they looked good yesterday and I hope that can carry through to the Quarters. No matter what, good luck to everyone! Also ALL matches of the quarter finals will be casted, so everyone regardless of time will be able to see those game. Thank you to everyone that helped record all the qualifier matches, we got a lot of them! dont forget to check out www.ns2wc.com for the most up to date info...
    Popture wrote: »
    Let's be frank, WasabiOne, it's Ascension to beat in the group C & D matchups.

I'm curious guys, given Ascension's unexpected performance against Quactus & Saunamen, how do you think they'll go against Godar?
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    I think Ascension is a good team and I like many others including Fana think they deserve some great praise. However, after re-watching the game from this weekend that put them into 2nd place I am a bit worried for them. Quactus' alien rounds were pretty rough and they continued to lose life forms with ease, but worst of all they didnt really attack res once the marines pressured them and that is what led to their ultimate loss. Saunamen was imho a better representation of how the games will go this weekend, but never underestimate the underdogs! Godar showed they are ready to do this in their rounds against iMAGINE so as I said before I think both matchups will be fun to watch and or cast :)
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013
    Fully aware of how awful we played on veil marine and sauna biodome. We won't play like that against Godar.
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    edited December 2013
    Ascensions largest issue is we just don't have anyone to play :S

We can play Titus on Saturday/Sunday morning when the sun & stars line up, but European & Australian time zones just do not line up at all, they are polar opposites (12 hour difference)

Saunamen were on a different level to anyone we have played and we managed to take a legitimate (even early/mid game) late game round off them on jambi aliens. The other 3 rounds were quite a stomp but the 1st round showed our potential.

I wish we could just play premier level teams 24/7 :(

Potential is there, but unfortunately I don't see us progressing any futher in WC when we don't have premier level scrim partners. We loose out on experience (teamwork) as I believe the skill is quite balanced.

brb, buying trip to live in Scandanavia!
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I watched the first three asc vs sauna games. mf's skulk and Jekt's lerk did work carrying you guys through the early game. It felt like you guys sat on a gorge for a bit too long. May have been able to maintain more pressure if you had another skulk. A bit too much YOLO'ing with the skulks as well. You guys have a reasonable chance at beating Godar if you guys take engagements a bit more coordinated, land bites/shots, and maintain the gamesense from your sauna match.

I'd love to see the aussies wipe out the prize pool with their expensive tickets.
  • blindblind Join Date: 2010-04-17 Member: 71437Members, Squad Five Gold
    mf, I will call you "black bar fade" from now on ;)
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    I dunno. Was hoping Eissfieldts stream would show us.