The constructive "Let's make NS2WC an awesome broadcast" thread

13»

Comments

• SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    chikoto wrote: »
    joshhh wrote: »
    Casters are already decided afaik. Blind, Reddog and Wasabi being the main three.

Can we have Bitey cast?

There's a pretty good chance he'll be playing in the event

I wanna cast :(
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    chikoto wrote: »
    joshhh wrote: »
    Casters are already decided afaik. Blind, Reddog and Wasabi being the main three.

Can we have Bitey cast?

There's a pretty good chance he'll be playing in the event

I wanna cast :(

You could try casting your view of the live stream. Provide running commentary on how professional/excited RedDog & co. look.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    It's against twitch rules to stream another stream.
    Just sayin'
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    CCTEE wrote: »
    This is a community event so, as an introduction to the event, i would like to see the following:

Comp vs Pubs warm-up fights!
    A chance to see how good these teams really are for random community pub players.
    In the weeks / weekends before the Final event these matches will take place.
    Teams of 6 (comp) vs 10 (pub) with no uneven-team spawn delay.
    Also a chance for the competing teams to practise their pub-stomping skills (or be humiliated by NSPlayer).

Like meet&greet events with blood and bullets!

I actually think this is a great idea if you cast some of these matches in between rounds at the live event (they could be pre-recorded). I don't think for one minute any person new to the game will go, "oh nuuu pubstomping!" as the whole point is what happens when an entire comp team plays a pub team. It might even inspire some.