Lets take NS2 to the next level! Write creative ideas here

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    No love for aliens?
    sarlacc-pit.jpg
    What is that and why does it scare the heck out of me!
    Mouse wrote: »
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    No love for aliens?
    sarlacc-pit.jpg
    Oh my god. That's EXACTLY what this game needs, MORE PvE. Thanks OP, I feel better knowing people like you could have input in making the game better.
    Who says that isn't a player unit? It could be the 6th alien race. It'd be the ultimate stealth unit.

6th race being a giant hole! DO WANT DO WANT. How about those worms from tremors.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    how is a giant hole "stealth" unit? you have cloak on and it swollows like 5 exos at once?
    also did another glue-nade img :D man i wish we had them!

nuzFv60.png
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    RadimaX wrote: »
    how is a giant hole "stealth" unit? you have cloak on and it swollows like 5 exos at once?
    Pretty much. When the mouth is closed, you look like a circle of infestation with a cyst in the middle. Then the exos come and *NOM*
    Oh, and you can't move. You have to go back to skulk if you want to find somewhere else to lie in wait.
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Custom ammo for grenade launcher: You can now buy all the proposed grenades as ammunition for your grenade launcher, for extra boom.
  • BiggisBiggis Finland Join Date: 2004-02-11 Member: 26407Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    More visual effects on screen and model when you are damaged/hurt, bloody marines and torn up gorgies. And tentacles!
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Custom ammo for grenade launcher: You can now buy all the proposed grenades as ammunition for your grenade launcher, for extra boom.
    and you can change ammo type on reload.
  • tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Pretty sure we an option for dual claw exo suit :D
    Oh you meant my classic creation!? :D

sure why not post that too...
    2tHMrbP.jpg
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Arc grenades: Same impact as an arc-shot (veteran marines call it the hive finisher). Teleport grenade: You throw it, then it activates, then you teleport where it activated. Kinetic barrier grenade: Creates a bullet-proof, not walkthrouhgable force field for 15 seconds.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Oh my god. That's EXACTLY what this game needs, MORE PvE. Thanks OP, I feel better knowing people like you could have input in making the game better.
    Pfft go play on you PVP server :P

LFG summit reception, coffee mission!
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Pfft go play on you PVP server :P

LFG summit reception, coffee mission!
    LOL, i think random missions would be awesome :P
  • WingflierWingflier Join Date: 2013-03-07 Member: 183769Members
    edited November 2013
    My idea:

Add a third race to the game. If the Kharaa are aliens and the Marines human, then the new race would be something more like an advanced alien species.

The new race would walk upright like humans but their main weapon would be a melee-ranged beam sword. They would have a recharging shield as well. In fact most of their buildings and designs would have shields. Much of their philosophy and playstyle would revolve around the concept of "honor".

The new race (call them the Dered) would have a short-ranged charge ability built in to close the distance between themselves and humans. Their sword would be extremely powerful but would be offset from the aliens by having a longer cooldown. You could not swing it rapidly but would have to carefully execute each strike.

The Dered would have a much different soldier upgrade system (honor-based) that automatically rewarded players who were doing well. After a certain amount of kills without dying, the alien would automatically obtain a better weapon. Think advanced weaponry: Beam cannon, Heavy Plasma Machine Gun, Tachyon Bow, etc. Even though this weaponry is ultra-powerful, it's balanced by the fact that it is not immediately available to the aliens, but must be earned instead through combat. The Commander could eventually research upgrades to drop these weapons, albeit at a very significant cost (probably not worth it except in extreme situations).

The Dered could spend their personal resources on secondary weapons (such as a pistol or a plasma grenade) or they could choose alternate combat suits. The combat suits would all have strengths and weaknesses. One may allow you to move very quickly, but at the cost of shield power and carrying capacity. One may make you a massive tank, but you move and turn very slowly. One may give you the ability to cloak for short periods of time, but has no other special advantages. One may allow you to heal your teammates by touching them while outside of battle.

The Dered, unlike the Alien and Marines, would succeed by attempting to keep their individual soldiers (at least 1 or 2 of them) alive for long enough for them to reach the end-game weapon tech through the built-in honor system. The Commander's abilities would be specifically tailored to do this. Defeating the new race would mean killing all 5 members of the team enough so that they never become powerful enough to overcome you.

Anyway I never expect this idea to become a reality, it's just something I think about in my free time.
    Babbler bomb (grenade): The gorge can throw a babbler bomb, exploding into 10 - 50 babblers. The sudden FPS drop stuns all marines, and the babblers eat them. Then they roll as a wave through the corridors, purging the map of marines.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Am I the only one who thinks a tower defense mod a la Orcs Must Die! would be sweet with these things? I'd love to take on waves of aliens, just placing traps and armories and flame turrets etc. Could be even fun single player, funner w/ a few friends.

And if you haven't played Orcs Must Die, it's pretty fun...
  • VengaboyVengaboy The Swamp Join Date: 2013-08-24 Member: 187053Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Grenades which grant you a small scan (Scan Grenades)

+1
    F0rdPrefect babbler bomb was win idea, except that FPS drops is the last thing this games need (have plenty already) but man that sounds epic :D
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    In all seriousness, I think having Cat Packs as pres purchasable, like grenades, would be AMAZING.

You never see those little wonderful balls of combat drugs, and this way marines can choose to do some CAT at their own expense!
    yeah bind it to E by default - was thinking an alien can do a bonewall on infestation by their own for 5pres if lets say they run away and do the wall like last resort if commander is slow.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    RadimaX wrote: »
    Onos wallclimb would be OP so lets introduce Lerk upgrade on 4:th hive along with the onos grip?
    g4eDYlE.png

This image gave me an unnecessary bowel movement.
  • frantixfrantix Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184063Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I can remember that a lerk being able to pick up an onos was possible on some modded NS1 combat servers.
  • tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Wingflier wrote: »
    My idea:

Add a third race to the game. If the Kharaa are aliens and the Marines human, then the new race would be something more like an advanced alien species.

The new race would walk upright like humans but their main weapon would be a melee-ranged beam sword. They would have a recharging shield as well. In fact most of their buildings and designs would have shields. Much of their philosophy and playstyle would revolve around the concept of "honor".

You're right, the only thing this game is really lacking now is Protoss! :D
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Commander can upgrade Gorge to Super Gorge!
    Gives + 100 Armor.

wHBANpn.png
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    2cough wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks a tower defense mod a la Orcs Must Die! would be sweet with these things? I'd love to take on waves of aliens, just placing traps and armories and flame turrets etc. Could be even fun single player, funner w/ a few friends.

And if you haven't played Orcs Must Die, it's pretty fun...

That is called xenoswarm.

OH wow that onos on ceiling got my laughing pretty hard. I want to see that on a server with gibs giant gorge.

• FAIL_MurdocFAIL_Murdoc Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187257Members, NS2 Playtester, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    How about maps with multiple levels. Just let the commander scroll up and down between them.