Lets take NS2 to the next level! Write creative ideas here

Comments

• RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    we are brainstorming for new ideas! im full ot them :D anything is better than just the different skin marines/aliens witch is like the top priority last 10 builds from UWE...
    we dont even have lerk or onos yet so give us new toys instead dammit! Where is onos bellyslide and babbler leap when you need it?
  • frantixfrantix Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184063Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited November 2013
    nice artwork, but thats it
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    Fk turrets. I want a go-cart size mini-tank I can drive around that has the power to run over skulks if they are on the ground.
    Gocart... hmm with turtles? Marine turtles!
    No lack of fantasy in this thread.
    Should be able to research a Dropship for 40 res to deliver your newly built SentryARCs

BMdVeeJ.png

Just start off by making more outside maps to begin with :D
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    edited November 2013
    Lovely ideas, but then I would like triple fire-rate on Hydras, plus a damage-buff to at least double lerk-spike level :P
  • JoseppeJoseppe Join Date: 2012-01-21 Member: 141497Members
    new feature ? here it is... simple, but awesome - how about a button to recycle (medpak spamming) marines ?
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    joshhh wrote: »
    Fk turrets. I want a go-cart size mini-tank I can drive around that has the power to run over skulks if they are on the ground.

I think we've just found a new vehicle for GorgeRace :)
    Fast, driftable ARCs.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    @RadimaX

JP upgrade to 1 man gunship would be more epic. It gives the option to deploy an ARC-Railgun-Sentry as alt fire for all weapons
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Yea because Lerks needed more nerfs/ways to die instantly, sure...
    -_-
    I think we've just found a new vehicle for GorgeRace

is that like mariocart? dropping clogwalls for you to crash in etc :D sounds like something more exciting, new and fun rather than a black skin that we got last months or 10 builds from UWE
  • StoogeyStoogey Australia (Land Down Under) Join Date: 2013-09-29 Member: 188516Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    Screw it I want mini helicopter turrets Then we can really harass the aliens!!

Aeryon_Scout_In_Flight-640x427.jpg

^ just add a gun to the top off it!!!!

lol this thread
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    And remove those pesky sentry batteries and the stupid limit. So we can have rooms full of 20 one-shotting sentries again.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    Stoogey wrote: »
    lol this thread

mOMU7AC.jpg
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    edited November 2013
    Stoogey wrote: »
    Screw it I want mini helicopter turrets Then we can really harass the aliens!!

Aeryon_Scout_In_Flight-640x427.jpg

^ just add a gun to the top off it!!!!

lol this thread

Actually the gun goes on the bottom of the quadrotor. Just sayin'. Probably because the thing is designed to fly overhead and that makes it easier to shoot down where the heads are.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Time freezing grenades, making all enemies slow-mo. Stim pack grenades, make you run ultrafast and jump super high. Glueball grenades: Explode into a splash of sticky goo. Marines can walk on all affected surfaces.
  • DavilDavil Florida, USA Join Date: 2012-08-14 Member: 155602Members, Constellation
    I actually think the sentry that clears out spores and umbra doesn't sound like too bad of an idea for some reason.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Grenades which explode remote controlled (think C4). Grenades that work as a counterpart to ink - marines who are covered by it are not highlighted in alien vision. Flash grenades.
  • DefaultErrorDefaultError Minnesota Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188917Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    The railgun turret would be cool, but limited to only one. Nice idea!
    Small nuclear grenades. Grenades that work like the ghost traps in Ghostbusters and add the lifeform's pres cost to the marine's trest pool. Gas grenades which drain the affected alien's stamina.
  • GeekavengerGeekavenger Join Date: 2012-08-31 Member: 157117Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Although I think this is a terrible idea for gameplay:
    A Concussion Grenade that makes Aliens fall off walls. It would be awesome to scout an ambush toss one through a door and watch the unsuspecting skulks fall into your line of fire.

As for Sentries I would say they are in a good place right now, useful as a force multiplier but useless on their own. We played a really fun match last night where we rushed Sentries to North Tunnels and Ore Processing when aliens started in Warehouse. They pushed us out eventually and thanks to gorge tunnels the aliens were able to get some res without cysting. It made for some pitched battles, and they really weren't expecting it. I don't want to loose those gameplay options.

I think if upgraded Sentries are on the table something simpler like an armor V power upgrade would be nice. Upgrade to Hardened turret which decreases DPS but increases armor, or Upgrade to a Turret that can spin 365 Degrees but has a shorter range and less armor (basically, anti-skulk but more vulnerable to Gorge and Lerk). Simple variations like this, that sink more res into the turrets could be fun, but again, risk messing up the good place turrets are in currently.
    @Geekavenger's concussion grenade. The "Skulk-finisher-Grenade" - fires 3x2 rifle bullets at 3 surrounding enemies, finishing of low skulks. The shower grenade (more like a mine) - sticks to wall and burns everything beneath it for 15 seconds (imagine flamer).
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    marines who are covered by it are not highlighted in alien vision.
    Alien's will love the anti-clutter grenade.
    Yea because Lerks needed more nerfs/ways to die instantly, sure...
    Indeed, Lerk's need to be deader than dead. How about instantly dying in its egg a couple of times after taking a hit?
    Lerk die instantly becouse the lag compensation or clientside not really matching whats goning on in game, you could take a full clip before even having time to react or fly away as a lerk.
    if they fix getting sniped from behind afrer turning a corner and fly 9 meters in pure safety the turrets could actually work, but until then its gonna be OP.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I honestly like the idea of any gravity grenade. Will make anything in the blast radius float upward. Works on marines too so you can get into that pesky vent.
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    While on the subject of grenades, NS2 obviously needs: GLUE GRENADES, you throw against a wall/floor/ceiling and a patch of glue to catch skulks appears
    your taking everything to the next level :D maby i need to rename this post!
    i can really imagine the effect of a gorge web but in the compact portable format of a grenade...

GLUE NADE/SLIME NADE - 5 res for one grenede that Lets aliens taste on their own medicine:

SlLL6du.png

Acts like a bilebomb when exploads except the floor is now a puddle of glue and a running away onos slows down to the lifeforms crawling speed across the entire puddle.
    Perfect to throw on alien territory to lure the unsuspected enemy in your trap (1+ if you request ammo while running trough the puddle or axing a harvester in some corner)
    slime vaporizes or fades away after 30 seconds and can maby be most effective upon impact but slowly lose its grip from 100% to 0% of effectiveness during the half minute its active.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    No love for aliens?
    sarlacc-pit.jpg

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Oh my god. That's EXACTLY what this game needs, MORE PvE. Thanks OP, I feel better knowing people like you could have input in making the game better.
  • tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter
    How about an exo suit equipped with an arc siege weapon? :)
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    No love for aliens?
    sarlacc-pit.jpg
    Oh my god. That's EXACTLY what this game needs, MORE PvE. Thanks OP, I feel better knowing people like you could have input in making the game better.
    Who says that isn't a player unit? It could be the 6th alien race. It'd be the ultimate stealth unit.