My Natural Selection Birthday Present, in case you missed it

Comments

• BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I'm sure they are aware of the thread and what we want by now.

I guess they don't want to use it. (or are staying quiet to make it a supprise!?!? *crosses fingers*)
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Benson wrote: »
    I'm sure they are aware of the thread and what we want by now.

I guess they don't want to use it. (or are staying quiet to make it a supprise!?!? *crosses fingers*)

We can hope.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    @hugh
    @cory
    @max
    @sewlek
    ASSEMBLE!

Did I missspelllllll anything.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Evil_Ice wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I don't believe they still have any interest in utilizing this model as a pure aesthetic replacement, although that was my original intention, due to memory issues and are concerned at the idea of implementing any additional content at this time.

Assemble and troll away all players with low end systems so we can enjoy our pure-sex LMG skins!
    J/K ofcourse, i fully support UWE's thinking on this.

That being said it saddens me we wont see this in the game any time soon. :(
    Rest assured it's and it's makers awesomeness will be remembered!

• NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    @james888

You know, Cory wont see that

The real Cory is: SQUEAL_LIKE_A_PIG
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Nazo wrote: »
    @james888

lol 6 people flagged a dev? wtf.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nazo wrote: »
    @james888

That is why I asked if I had spelled it right...

so... @SQUAL_LIKE_A_PIG
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    how much additonal memory is required for JUST the expanded version?

The animations are beautiful and well made, but to be honest, I really only want to use the NS1 rifle variant.

I stand by the idea that whatever it would cost to implement this (and not have memory issues) would be made up for by Shadow Teir upgrades and new purchases. New armor is great, new armor and a new weapon are even better!
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Preach it funky Gorge man
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Wtb option to equip this as the rifle skin.. pleaseeee.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Originally Cory had expressed an interest in implementing this rifle as the new default rifle, and moving the current rifle to a position as an upgraded more specialized rifle (you may recall this if you played the beta test in fact, the SMG hack was a place-holder I also made). It was decided, however, that the extra rifle didn't work out in tests, and that there just wasn't room for another rifle weapon. Unfortunately, I don't believe they still have any interest in utilizing this model as a pure aesthetic replacement, although that was my original intention, due to memory issues and are concerned at the idea of implementing any additional content at this time.

As cool as it would have been to get the new model in (which is really quite fantastic I have to say) I do stand by the feedback we gave at the time. It really didn't work to add a new rifle. I think it would probably still be the case now that it would mess up gameplay more than it would help.

As an official alternate skin? Yeah, that sounds pretty cool, actually. That's sort of beyond my pay grade, though.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Why couldn't we have this gun as an alternate skin? What sets this off as too much when we already have 10 marine variations and 3 alien variations and a whole set of shadow gorge items?
    edited December 2013
    More like 6 alien skins ;)

But seriously, The NS1 Knife/Fade/Rifle should be added as skins (for some level of reninforced badge [Hell, even the Deluxe edition of NS2 would be a good idea])

And like I said before
    It does not have to be anything fancy like CS:GO where you could have a NS1 LMG, then walk over too a dead marine and pick up his NS2 Rifle, The option will simply replace what you see (and) all other marines using
    edited December 2013
    As much as I hate to say it, I would pay for this as DLC.

I know microtransactions go against UWE's company values, but I desperatly want this rifle skin. If it wont be added for shadow, make it seperate.

Basically, SHUDDAP AND TAKE MAH MONIES! (with a commission to the creators ofc :P)

Edit to make sure authors get their piece o the pie.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Yep, shutup and take my money. Implement the LMG into the already functional skin Reinforced system :D
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    The rifle as an additional marine weapon could work quite fine, as stated many times when you just simply throw a gun into the balance and make no other adjustments, its generally not going to work well (anyone remember the initial exos?). There are specific problems which a stronger rifle could help resolve, if well implemented.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    OK, I just saw the end of the video, I want to use this gun in proving grounds :D I need all your sounds and everything, hahaha :D
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Locklear wrote: »
    Wtb option to equip this as the rifle skin.. pleaseeee.

Your post might be considered a necro.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Personally, my intentions were never to implement it as a NEW weapon, I always wanted it to be purely aesthetic, replacing the model, animation, sounds, and special effects (shell casings, muzzleflash, ammocounter, etc)

Thanks for the support guys, but at this point with the lack of response from UWE and their new project unveiled, I highly doubt they will be taking advantage of it. I am, however, considering just linking the files themselves here for anyone to use on their own. Maybe not as a steam workshop mod, since it will never pass consistency there anyway.

Wrong. All your mod needs to be is a view model replacement, which is EXCLUDED from consistency. _view files are excluded from consistency, which is what the important files of your mod are...
  • Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Personally, my intentions were never to implement it as a NEW weapon, I always wanted it to be purely aesthetic, replacing the model, animation, sounds, and special effects (shell casings, muzzleflash, ammocounter, etc)

Thanks for the support guys, but at this point with the lack of response from UWE and their new project unveiled, I highly doubt they will be taking advantage of it. I am, however, considering just linking the files themselves here for anyone to use on their own. Maybe not as a steam workshop mod, since it will never pass consistency there anyway.

I'm just speechless at this point with regards to consistency.

Put it on Workshop and on the forums so it is exposed regardless of consistency. This thing deserves far more attention than it's getting.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    SamusDroid wrote: »

Wrong. All your mod needs to be is a view model replacement, which is EXCLUDED from consistency. _view files are excluded from consistency, which is what the important files of your mod are...

What about the important files included in the NS1 fade that make it unable to be used on any public server? Why is UWE being silent in regards to consistency ruining any chance of popular mods being used?
    edited December 2013
    Still wondering why it at least wasent give to @xDragon for use in NS2C

Seems to me it would have fit perfectly (More so than silly Factions {Which died out REALLY fast} [Sorry Sewlek])
  • Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow

I think you should not give up man. Your work is too wonderful to let this NOT be in the game as an alternative skin. It is just too interesting, especially since Eclipse is back!

The ultimate nostalgia trip.
  • Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2013

What about the important files included in the NS1 fade that make it unable to be used on any public server? Why is UWE being silent in regards to consistency ruining any chance of popular mods being used?

This LMG mod is a perfect candidate for usage on those ModBox servers, provided those that are in charge of it can stay on top of this.

Someone like Gibs and his Gorge Hut server would be open to utilize it. RELEASE IT MAAAN.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    Zomb3h wrote: »

This LMG mod is a perfect candidate for usage on those ModBox servers, provided those that are in charge of it can stay on top of this.

Someone like Gibs and his Gorge Hut server would be open to utilize it. RELEASE IT MAAAN.

I'm an admin of the Aus ModBox server and I run a reduced consistency for people to use most of the client workshop mods out there.