My Natural Selection Birthday Present, in case you missed it

Comments

• NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    If he teases us anymore our expectations may grow bigger than what he actually has in store :P
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm guessing this also replaces the world model for the rifle (would look a little strange if it didnt)? Because the default consistency checks allow changing of view models, perhaps you can make a slightly cut down workshop version that only replaces the view model.
  • Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Bicsum wrote: »
    The model looks really good, but shouldn't the gun's butt be outside the first person vision? It kind of looks like the marine is holding the gun infront of him and not pressed against the shoulder.

Maybe give the weapon a retractable buttstock like this?
    http://www.rap4.com/store/paintball/images/Tippmann_A5_Retractable_Buttstock_Gun_2.jpg
    That's the way it should be if it doesn't have a retractable stock.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Nazo wrote: »
    If he teases us anymore our expectations may grow bigger than what he actually has in store :P

Tune in for something big...
  • Evil_IceEvil_Ice Join Date: 2004-07-09 Member: 29827Members, Squad Five Blue
    xDragon wrote: »
    I'm guessing this also replaces the world model for the rifle (would look a little strange if it didnt)? Because the default consistency checks allow changing of view models, perhaps you can make a slightly cut down workshop version that only replaces the view model.

It does include a new world model yes (as seen in the second video clip)
    The view models are subject to the same consistency checking as world models unfortunately, and earlier tests showed that consistency has in fact gotten worse since the days of the NS1 Fade and Knife, oddly enough... I'm making some sounds effects myself now, will probably be done with those soon...

Retractable stock? Hehe... oh just wait...

• BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Evil_Ice wrote: »
    Retractable stock? Hehe... oh just wait...

I'm so teased right now, it's killing me.

Early sound effects done... soon as I can get them into Spark and checked over for proper sync, expect a new video.
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    Hmm... well unfortunately a bit late to come to he realization that UWE did not make sound effects possible to modify for clientside mods... apparently this has been known for a while, so I wasted a bit of time making new sound effects I guess... sigh... well just one more straw for the camel's back I guess.
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Maybe one day...

We can still dream though
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    For a purely client side mod, yes you cannot mod sounds... but it sounds like you already were not able to make that happen? BTW custom _view models are allowed by the default consistency check:
      "ignore": [ "ui/*.dds", "*_view*.dds", "*_view*.material", "*_view*.model", "models/marine/hands/*" ]

• jaminjamin Join Date: 2008-01-03 Member: 63332Members
    xDragon wrote: »
    For a purely client side mod, yes you cannot mod sounds... but it sounds like you already were not able to make that happen? BTW custom _view models are allowed by the default consistency check:
      "ignore": [ "ui/*.dds", "*_view*.dds", "*_view*.material", "*_view*.model", "models/marine/hands/*" ]

That is the case, However custom GUI's and/or WorldModels are not allowed currently.
    Both are a pretty big part of the model.
    I will probably ultimately have to release two versions (or was it four (or was it eight?)) to satisfy this problem, including a purely view-model version for clientside purposes, and then release a server-side version as well with all the goodies it was intended... also new video before thursday... maybe today...
    I understand that, just trying to help possibly find a way to have atleast part of the model work purely client side, if desirable. Ideally UWE could add 2 default consistency configs on a config setting, similar to sv_pure from source. It would allow public server hosts to more easily change their configs to allow custom models, but prevent the more abusive changes (lua).
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Evil_Ice wrote: »
    Check it out in HD to fully appreciate the awesome pixels of the ammo counter!

Why can I only Awsome this once. MAKE IT WORK. I NEED IT.
    It is indeed a fine looking ammo counter.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This needs to be in the vanilla version of the game!
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    zomg! i thought it was a new gun but but it's a very old gun transformerered!
    Genius!

UWE needs to put this as official with a nice badge (Retro Marine) in the Program for maybe $40 (and pay @Evil_Ice EDIT: and @Jamin, assuming he/she is involved, $XX for every badge sold).

Edit: BTW Does the 1 mode of the gun function differently then the Retro mode?
  • TheKarvaTheKarva Join Date: 2011-06-13 Member: 104251Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    @CCTEE

What gun are you referring to, what am I missing here?
  • SammeySammey Join Date: 2012-06-14 Member: 153266Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Therius wrote: »
    @CCTEE

What gun are you referring to, what am I missing here?

Look here! In the end!! :o

• NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    It's... beautiful.
  • jaminjamin Join Date: 2008-01-03 Member: 63332Members
    CCTEE wrote: »
    zomg! i thought it was a new gun but but it's a very old gun transformerered!
    Genius!

UWE needs to put this as official with a nice badge (Retro Marine) in the Program for maybe $40 (and pay @Evil_Ice $XX for every badge sold).

Edit: BTW Does the 1 mode of the gun function differently then the Retro mode?

Don't forget little ole me. :P
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    That transformation in the end o.O

Can anyone tell us non NS1 veterans what this is? It surely looks awesome!
    edited November 2013
    That transformation in the end o.O

Can anyone tell us non NS1 veterans what this is? It surely looks awesome!

It was the former assault rifle aka LMG aka light machine gun.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/DarkATi/doublenode.jpg
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Omg the ending. the ending!
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You cheeky motherf*cker, now I have to get this gun in my game