NS2Stats Shine plugin package

GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
edited January 2014 in Modding
This is a Package of Plugins all around functions about the statspage Ns2stats.com

The Package requires Shine to run.

It core plugin is to enable ns2stats.com logging for your server.

Next to this the Plugin Package adds the following plugins to shine:
- NS2Stats - Core function Enables looging for ns2stats.com
- Elo Team Restriction - Allows you to set differen restrictions for your server based on ns2stats playerdatas.
- Killstreak - Counts Killstreaks of single players and prints them out to chat (optinal also it can play Killstreak sounds)
- NS2Stats Badges - Uses Ns2Stats Playerdatas to assign differen kinds of flags to them automatically (e.g. flags)
- No Rookies - Blocks rookies from joining teams or/and CC by using Hive Playerdatas
- Roundlimiter - Allow you to set a max roundtimelimit at which the time with the higher total score wins.

Every plugin can run be enabled alone and doesn't need any other plugin.

This Mod also sent stats to the official UWE Ranking System "Hive"

Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=178838022
Website Link: http://ns2stats.com/
Mod Id: aa8da06
Source Code: https://github.com/BrightPaul/NS2Stats.com

All other infos are here: https://github.com/BrightPaul/NS2Stats.com/wiki

FQA for old NS2Stats users:

Q: Why you use Shine now?
A: Because it allows us to write NS2Stats in a way that it runs much faster and never will crash your server moreover now ns2stats does not modify any gamefile and is alot smaller.

Q: Were are all the other NS2Stats functions gone?
A: Most are already there in form of other Shine Plugins. If you want Bagdes in the Scoreboard use Huzes mod.

Q: But i dont like Shine!
A: No problem turn off all Shine functions except NS2Stats in the baseconfig.json

Q: Help all Commands are not working
A: Go here: https://github.com/BrightPaul/Shine/wiki/NS2Stats#commands

Q: Is the voterandom plugin compatible with this version
A: Yes, the voterandom plugin of Shine has been updated to be fully compatible with this version of NS2Stats

Lots of feature will be added to the website from now on.

Some Infos:

All log errors will be automatocally reported to us, so only report bugs with no error in the log

People i want to thank:

-Synomi (for helping out with the web stuff)
-Zeikko and Zups (for creating NS2Stats in the first place)
-Person8880 (helping out when i was stucked)
-depara,lifesfun , ﻖﮜ | [#OMEGA] - K2 and the guys at the FP -DF servers (for testing)

Comments

• supsusupsu Join Date: 2012-04-24 Member: 151023Members, Squad Five Blue
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    supsu wrote: »
    You are welcome.

Sry forgot you somehow
  • SintSint Join Date: 2007-01-09 Member: 59540Members, Squad Five Blue
    Nice work!

After ns2stats shine is out of beta we will make it as main ns2stats mod. We are not planning to include original ns2stats extra features like afk kick, votemap and unstuck, since those are found in other mods or included with shine. We do not know if we are going to include killstreaks, depends if there is already other mod available for that. We are going to use Shine tournament mode for private(competitive) games so NS2stats won't include its own tournament mode anymore, which needed updating anyway.

Anyway mod as shine plugin makes using ns2stats lot easier for server admins, since you can just enable it once and forget it, instead of removing it every patch and adding again after its been updated.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited September 2013
    What about adding more functionality the in-game scoreboard? When it comes to analyzing how helpful a player is to the team, you need to look at their player/structure damage and their accuracy. From what I am told, NS2Stats already tracks those things so I guess my request is that it's put on the in-game scoreboard. If you can't manage to make more columns and have it look appealing, I made a quick mockup of a more complex route you could go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxwb20lapymjnbu/ns2scoreboardidea.png

The idea is that you add onto the current 'click on the scoreboard to mute a person' functionality and give each person their own collapsible panel with stats. I know this doesn't look anything like the normal scoreboard, I spent five minutes creating it. The end product should be identical to what we have now, except that if you click on a person, a panel falls down with their stats.

edit: i didn't read the thread, i've had this idea for a while and decided to post it. seems like it would fit in perfectly with ns2stats.
  • SintSint Join Date: 2007-01-09 Member: 59540Members, Squad Five Blue

Something like that will be added, and prob pretty soon. Thou we prob wont modify scoreboard but we'll add another window for extra stats, which opens from scoreboard or shine menu. Thanks.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    @turtsmcgurt its already there: press m,n or c >NS2Stats > serverstats. There is a live stat, which is updated every 1 min (we'll work on optimizing more things to update is more often). In fact i won't touch the Ingame Scoreboard as we would have to override gamefiles for that.
    edited September 2013
    Next patch will be published in about 2 hours:

Fixes :

Fixed some UI stuff

New Features:

Improved Live Stats
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    @turtsmcgurt its already there: press m,n or c >NS2Stats > serverstats. There is a live stat, which is updated every 1 min (we'll work on optimizing more things to update is more often). In fact i won't touch the Ingame Scoreboard as we would have to override gamefiles for that.

Sounds like it takes too much effort to get to, you'd have respawned by then. I guess it's a good effort, though.

edited September 2013

Sounds like it takes too much effort to get to, you'd have respawned by then. I guess it's a good effort, though.

you also can use !showlivestats in the chat or bind <key> sh_showlivestats to bind the command to a key your choice. The problem with keybinding is that mostly the hole keyboard is used by default. And really 2 clicks are too much, okay

edited September 2013
    Warning: Please do not Run the Beta with Combat at the moment at the main page. We first have to get the main site ready for filtering them from ns2 normal stats.

The Beta supports all major Mods (including Combat,XenoSwarm,MvM,Faded) , just the main site is not rdy yet .

Little sneekpeak: http://dev.ns2stats.com/round/round/103739
  • SammyGSammyG England Join Date: 2013-05-07 Member: 185160Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    you guys are awesome
    edited September 2013
    Todays Update:

Fix:

Just some improvement.

Beta is running fine since release so far.

ETA from now on:

Fix incoming bugs
    Optimize
    Add Killstreaks back (finished but needs some internal testing first), will be another plugin ;). So you can also use it without ns2stats.
    Improve Website
    Release some more Docs (Hows NS2Stats working,The ELO-function,Dev Docs)

Wait for 256.

Publish afterwards asap as filtering is working as intended at main side.

Also if anyone has any suggestions or question just post into this thread. Our new Mod Politic:

- Be easy to extend and maintain.
    - Be small and fast
    - Be easy for admins to use.
    - Be completely modular, everything is optional.
    - Be easy to understand what it is doing for users
    edited September 2013
    Todays Update will bring the following Changes:

New Features:

- Plugin "Killstreak":
    - displayes little inform messages in chat about ongoing Killstreaks (aka Triplekill,Pentakill,Mosterkill and so on)
    - if SendSounds is true: Plays Quake Sound to given Killstreak
    - this can be deactivated from Client-Site by sh_disablesounds
    - doesn't need ns2stats to run

Improvements:

- Cleaned Up unneeded things

Fixes:

- Fixed a issue with Droppack Logging
    - We are aware of the voterandom bug, but this is not caused by ns2stats. Will be fixed with next shine update

edited September 2013
    Todays Update:

Improvements:

-Lots of things have been changed inside to make everything run even faster than before
    edited September 2013
    Update:

Some fixes for Killstreak

This Beta was already fully 256 compatibly as Shine. We should survive every patch from now on.
    Today Update:

Lot of smaller Fixes + a lot Improvements

Also i added some advanced Debug Messages to be able to track sources of last bugs.
    edited September 2013
    Today Update :
    Removed some functions from last build, they didn't work out as i thought. Generall overwork to improve stability alot.
    Ok we have reached Public Release Canidate 1 with latest update.

Every current user of beta please delete your NS2Stats.json in config/shine/plugins.

Thanks for testing
    We are getting closer to Public release any questions so far?
    edited October 2013
    Doesn't really needed a update, yet i published some small fixes as new ns2 update was realeased. 258 approved. If you have any problems add me directly at steam please.
  • AiorosAioros Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14850Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    Update:

Using a new System to track Hits
    Some little Fixes
    edited October 2013
    NS2Stats:

Fixed the empty row bug
    Added a option to set the RGB code used for the Award Message

Killstreak:

Added alot of options, see here: https://github.com/BrightPaul/NS2Stats.com/wiki/Killstreak
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    How have you implemented the kill streaks? I originally implemented them using the cout stuff by Sint. I have noticed though there are now world messages in the code, that could probably be used instead. Are you using either of those methods, or do you have a different way of doing it?

Once I can confirm my mod working, I want to start adding the killstreaks feature again. :)
    edited October 2013
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    How have you implemented the kill streaks? I originally implemented them using the cout stuff by Sint. I have noticed though there are now world messages in the code, that could probably be used instead. Are you using either of those methods, or do you have a different way of doing it?

Once I can confirm my mod working, I want to start adding the killstreaks feature again. :)

My Code is completely on github, the only thing you have to know is that shine calls all plugin function with the given hookname if the hooked function is called. So basically OnEntityKilled() is called after Gamerules:OnEntityKilled() is called. I'm using the input of that function to determ if the attacker and target are player, but that should be clear looking at the plugins code ;). Taking a look on how Shine.Hook is working maybe also helps: https://github.com/Person8880/Shine/blob/master/lua/shine/core/shared/hook.lua . Basically this sytem is also described in the shine wiki

So if you also have a function Gamerules:OnEntityKilled() my plugin should work fine with your mod.

If you have any more questions you are free to add me on steam. Please notice that Person8880 can answer questions about shine more detailed than me.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I do have that function. It would be good actually if Shine supported Proving Grounds, as it means I could save a lot of resources developing things like admin and kill streaks, etc, and leave that up to Shine to worry about.
    edited October 2013
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    I do have that function. It would be good actually if Shine supported Proving Grounds, as it means I could save a lot of resources developing things like admin and kill streaks, etc, and leave that up to Shine to worry about.

If you provide your code somewhere im sure person8880 will take a look. E.G. Shine and [Shine] NS2Stats are fully compatible to Combat Mode. I could take a first look at your alpha versions and tell you if any core functions for shine are missing if you would like that.

That would be great. Catch me up on steam, my details are in the Proving Grounds thread.
    edited November 2013
    Ok after a long time another update:

Added:

Plugin "ns2statsbadges" :

Requires:
    Either Player Badge (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=99887628)
    and Flag Pack(http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=180395168)
    or my Mix-Up Badge Mod ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=191973881)

ns2statsbadges automatically gives players on your server their home land flag as bagde. Doesn't need NS2Stats to run!

Also i fixed some little bugs.