How often do you see people do this?

13»

Comments

• ruprechtruprecht Join Date: 2013-03-16 Member: 184022Members
    It's not cool to use the word "retard."

verb
    riˈtärd/
    1.delay or hold back in terms of progress, development, or accomplishment.

The marines as described in OP are being retarded.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited September 2013
    sotanaht wrote: »
    I still can't see how mines could be worth the price, 5 pres to maybe kill a skulk, nothing else and he can always just come back again in like 15 seconds.

Or 5 pres to maybe damage 4 skulks by an area effect weapon 1 minute into the game, so they can all be shot by a single mag unload from a half-decent marine while 3 marines elsewhere kill 2 RTs, upgrades, or take down a gorge fort.

They might come back in ~30+ seconds, but the damage has been dealt. And tres damage is always much more devastating to a team than pres damage, especially if it's in a decent ratio. I would spend my p.res to cause t.res damage to the other team in 1:1 ratio or better any time without hesitation. I would also spend p.res to gain and maintain control over 1 more RT anytime.

Don't think of this game as a personal endeavour, because it's not. Every good or bad decision you make and action you take reflects on the entire team, and is an opportunity cost of doing something else.
  • tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I can understand new players doing this kind of stuff, the only solution is to try and teach them what to do ... I'm surprised how often experienced players try to teach new players by writing angry text messages (that the new players invariably fail to read since there's so much going on around them). Talking directly to a new player by name over the mic is by far the best strategy.
  • BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    Madd0g wrote: »
    I have seen 3 marines shoot at each other for almost a minute(on a free to play weekend),before they realize the game is not human vs human,but alien vs human instead.
    I bullshit you not...

I've had multiple alien comms who don't understand how to place a cyst even when I tell them how to do it.
  • AmbAmb Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168647Members, Reinforced - Supporter

ruprecht wrote: »

verb
    riˈtärd/

LOL
  • Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    ruprecht wrote: »

verb
    riˈtärd/

Not used properly... The marines are not retarded, but instead they are retarding the marines progress. Calling something or someone retarded is an adjective not a verb as you suggested with your definition. In addition to correcting your use of the English language, I'd also like to point out that your comment is retarding this discussion and that the use of the adjective "retarded" only makes you an ass hole... Oh look another adjective describing you.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Moreover, use of the noun 'retard' is particularly inappropriate. I seriously doubt that even the least skilled ns2 player is a retard. Similarly, the following statement is untrue: retarded retards are retarding this discussion.