would you have bought the onos badge?

13»

Comments

• clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    ellnic wrote: »
    I would have if i had the money

I count this one as no then.
  • lakekinglakeking Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187577Members
  • ArgoshArgosh Join Date: 2011-01-21 Member: 78474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    current1y wrote: »

I'm still waiting for someone to connect this to a halflife sequel.

Its so obvious!

333 = 111 x 3
    111 = 37 x 3
    333/37 = 9
    (3x3x9) + 111 + 37 = 229

HL3 confirmed for 22nd Sepetember oh mah gawd
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited September 2013
    @Argosh nah, that's too easy :D

edit: from nargosh to argosh. my mind was further in the sentence...
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    duvel wrote: »
    for 75$ UWE should include a t-shirt and poster.
    The cost of production and shipping and handling on just those 2 items alone would be close to the $75 amount. Physical goods are very expensive to do as reward tiers.
    You should add a 150$ tier then.
  • ShadosShados Join Date: 2007-05-09 Member: 60844Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I definitely would have; physical swag is far too compelling for me :).
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    Argosh wrote: »
    current1y wrote: »

I'm still waiting for someone to connect this to a halflife sequel.

Its so obvious!

333 = 111 x 3
    111 = 37 x 3
    333/37 = 9
    (3x3x9) + 111 + 37 = 229

HL3 confirmed for 22nd Sepetember oh mah gawd

I'm sure the 229 would be Feb 29 since Valve would most likely do month/day and because leap year fits so well with Valve time.
  • iClearSkiesiClearSkies Join Date: 2012-09-22 Member: 160359Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I just came back from Afghanistan so i would have
  • NedStarNedStar Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187224Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    More tiers definitely wouldn't hurt. Maybe add the onos tier back in but raise the price tag to $400. That way the early birds still get a hefty discount. I don't think any onos tier buyers can disagree with that? Sure it cheapens the exclusivity a bit but for the good of the game eh?

Ideally you also add a $150 and a $250 tier. For the highest tier you'll want something everyone wants, gorggles!

hqdefault.jpg

If you do add in more tiers you'll really want to add in a way for people to upgrade their tier, without it people will feel cheapened for not being able to get the tier they want and you lose on money of those who are willing to upgrade.
    Also limited tiers with a minor discount usually known as "early bird" is a good way to make people jump on it.
  • ArgoshArgosh Join Date: 2011-01-21 Member: 78474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    BentRing wrote: »
    I'm sure the 229 would be Feb 29 since Valve would most likely do month/day and because leap year fits so well with Valve time.

You may be on to something there. Thanks for the heads up. I almost believed myself and got hyped!

edit: Not to say I juggled the numbers so the release would be closer to date, but that would be blasphemy, wouldnt it?
  • TovaTova Join Date: 2012-12-26 Member: 176254Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Without a doubt I would have, I'll settle for shadow instead.
  • NessNess Join Date: 2002-12-17 Member: 10935Members, Reinforced - Onos
    clankill3r wrote: »
    would you have bought the onos badge?

I not, since i have no job. Else i would have.
    If there where a few options between onos and shadow i would have gone for a more expensive one.

I will keep edeting the post to keep the amount of people that wanted to buy onos up to date.

Number of people that wanted to buy onos so far:

I've thought about it ;). This is a game I've played for over a decade and I am more than happy to support the open style of development we've seen. I don't always agree with all of the balance changes made but the fact is we've actually seen changes made on a regular basis. That alone sets these developers apart from the majority of even indie developers. A passion for your game and for the people who play it should be rewarded. As of today, Natural Selection 2 has increased in quality in every department that counts. Let's use this Reinforced program as a way of making headlines to show developers that communities are willing to support the games they want to play beyond just the purchase price, just like they are willing to.
  • clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Let's use this Reinforced program as a way of making headlines to show developers that communities are willing to support the games they want to play beyond just the purchase price, just like they are willing to.

Even if we don't make the goal, we still gather a lot of money and that is worth a headline.

Yesterday i bought chivalry. Somone told me it was fun but not worth 20 bucks. I could have easilly waited for cristmass sales on steam but i still bought it just to support a company that creates something beyond the typical shooter. And a company just like UWE that is founded by people that love the game.
    I think people at big companies have a higher change to work on a game they don't like themself.
    Here things are build with love and you feel it when you play.