would you have bought the onos badge?

Comments

• NazrudinNazrudin Join Date: 2009-09-17 Member: 68811Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would have bought it the very instant I saw it, unforunately I was sleeping when they released it, I got fucked by my timezone

So not fair.
  • |DFA| Havoc|DFA| Havoc Join Date: 2009-08-07 Member: 68375Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would have bought it.

How fast do you have to be going to get a $2000 speeding ticket? O_o
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    current1y wrote: »

I'm still waiting for someone to connect this to a halflife sequel.

333, 3 Valve games with a number 3 confirmed: HL2: Episode 3, HL3, TF3

• aYosaYos Join Date: 2013-01-14 Member: 179469Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yes.... time zone arg.

Should've been something in between Onos and Shadow at least.
  • NaRcONaRcO Madrid Join Date: 2005-03-07 Member: 44219Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Badges badges ftw ^^
  • Martin7Martin7 Join Date: 2012-03-04 Member: 148108Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Omega_K2 wrote: »
    current1y wrote: »

I'm still waiting for someone to connect this to a halflife sequel.

333, 3 Valve games with a number 3 confirmed: HL2: Episode 3, HL3, TF3

Wrong - hlf3, tf3, l4d3 (there will be no episode 3)
  • ImbaxlaxImbaxlax Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186656Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I could afford it, but can't really justify spending that much on a game in one month. The dollar exchange rate doesn't help either.

Will probably get the shadow pack, depending on how I feel about ARMA 3 or Blacklist this month.
  • RammlerRammler Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185607Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    onos was too expensive for me. i am a poor student on an university and only got 700 dollar in month to pay rent, food and other stuff. i payed for shadow pack. that was all i was able to give
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    People would buy the onos badge because they want to support the devs and get a little swag for it.
  • FluttershyFluttershy Join Date: 2012-12-23 Member: 176015Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I have the money to do it and i should buy the game director badge, just to add a pony related thing to the game!
  • CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Onos would kill me, Shadow is already above what I should give.
  • DGKHaploDGKHaplo Join Date: 2002-12-22 Member: 11324Members, Constellation
    ...Also I prefer my constelli icon.

So yes I still got myself the shadow one. :). But ill be damned if I enter my forum handle. My precious constelli icon.. precious!
    * goes mumble in corner*

I lost my consti badge during the forums/website transition :(
  • NedStarNedStar Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187224Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't need no stinking onos badge.

• NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    DGKHaplo wrote: »
    ...Also I prefer my constelli icon.

So yes I still got myself the shadow one. :). But ill be damned if I enter my forum handle. My precious constelli icon.. precious!
    * goes mumble in corner*

I lost my consti badge during the forums/website transition :(

Send a PM to Comprox and he might be able to sort it out. I actually had the same problem myself. X_X
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited August 2013
    I would have if I'd had the money at the time it was available. I think I enjoy spending money more than using the products I buy with it. Some would say that's a bad quality, WELL FK YOU.

EDIT: Mind you, I was also asleep while it got sold out, so I guess I would have missed out anyway.
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yes but by the time I woke up in the morning the program had already started and sold out so had no opportunity :(
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    American dollars do not come cheap here in Czech Republic. Gold badge already cost me more than I paid for the original game, but for a game like NS2, I am willing to pay a reasonable subscribtion fee. If only the efforts were put towards optimization and responsible balancing, and not towards things like ... babblers and female skins.
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    @Kamamura,

if Unknown worlds do not show themselves as powerful and mighty cosmetically to the enemy we have already lost! Shame on you citizen! Im removing the class 9 dwelling :P

In all seriousness, I think the linux support was part of this optimization, remember different people work on different things, not all at the same time.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    dragonmith wrote: »
    if Unknown worlds do not show themselves as powerful and mighty cosmetically to the enemy we have already lost! Shame on you citizen! Im removing the class 9 dwelling :P

Good, good, comrade. I will just unpack my stuff from the cardboard boxes... and stay in my current class 8 dwelling gladly. I believe that I cannot even fully appreciate yet all the good things TSF is doing for me. Perhaps in time...

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Well, as dragonmith says, the artists have to do something, too.
  • ImbaxlaxImbaxlax Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186656Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I'm actually considering getting the gold pack because the decal color scheme is better than the shadow pack one :-??
  • VirsoulVirsoul Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151977Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos
    edited August 2013
    I think a number of people (not everyone) who said they would have bought the Onos Badge are not aware of the cost. The opening post makes no mention of the price and neither does the Reinforced page. In fact the price isn't even mentioned until the 22nd post on the first page.

I think allowing Onos buyers the chance to upgrade and then opening up the Onos level would be acceptable, but it's much more complicated than flipping a switch and may not even be possible.
  • SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    $300 for a video game that may or may not have an active player base by next year? I would have to pass on that. May consider the $75 option.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Sops wrote: »
    $300 for a video game that may or may not have an active player base by next year? I would have to pass on that. May consider the $75 option.

I'm pretty sure there that some people will stick to it, for quite a long time.

There are even still people playing Star Wars Battlefront. The original one. Can you imagine that?
    And I know of an active Freelancer community. Those games are years old and way worse than NS2!
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    If they make a tier that's between Shadow and Onos tier, I hope it includes babbler skins :D You could have like, a variety pack of babblers pop out of every egg.

Maybe if we get enough people to post in this thread we can make them do it!
  • SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    I am sure there will be a few die hard players sticking with NS2 for a long time but I wouldn't call that the same thing as an active community. Unless the game continues to attract at least a moderate number of new players then it is just slowly dying.
  • duvelduvel Join Date: 2004-02-09 Member: 26318Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    for 75$ UWE should include a t-shirt and poster.
  • clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think allowing Onos buyers the chance to upgrade and then opening up the Onos level would be acceptable, but it's much more complicated than flipping a switch and may not even be possible.

Since there are only 25 it could probably done manual.

It would have been nice if the onos badges went to the highest bidders.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    duvel wrote: »
    for 75$ UWE should include a t-shirt and poster.
    The cost of production and shipping and handling on just those 2 items alone would be close to the $75 amount. Physical goods are very expensive to do as reward tiers.
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would have if i had the money