Missing Constie Status

BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
edited February 2013 in Web Site Feedback
Not the biggest deal in the world, but I seem to have lost my constie status somewhere on the site update. I at least couldn't find any button that hides it or anything. As far as I remember it's registered to the forum account itself, so it shouldn't be any broken information link or such either.

Obviously the tag itselfs makes me feel a little warm and fuzzy inside, but I'm more concerned about finding a possible bug on the website.

At least some people seemed to have retained the status over the site update, so I pressume it's still supposed to be there. Or is it just me messing up something again?

Comments

• AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    * Glimpse to the left *
    [jedi mind trick] There are no constie icons. [/jedi mind trick]

--

Ok, puns aside, do I understand correctly that it did work before we upgraded the forum? If so, I'll have the forum techies take a look.

"Constellation" Is currently not one of your member groups, in any case (so it's not just the icon).
  • BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
    edited February 2013
    Angelusz wrote: »
    * Glimpse to the left *
    Ok, puns aside, do I understand correctly that it did work before we upgraded the forum? If so, I'll have the forum techies take a look.
    I'm not completely sure when it disappeared, but I definitely had it on the old site for years and now I notice it's disappearance, so the site update ends up being my #1 suspect.

Looking at the recent topics in general, I think the constie count seems pretty low. Either I'm getting paranoid or there might be some other accounts missing their consties too.

In case it's any help, I think I got my constie status somewhere early 2007 or so. I can try to figure out the exact date if it proves to be somehow related to the issue.
  • GrimfangGrimfang Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13086Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I have the same problem. I had it the first day or two after the forum changed, but I lost it after that. I tried to change my email around that time, so not sure if it's related to that or not.
    Grimfang wrote: »
    I have the same problem. I had it the first day or two after the forum changed, but I lost it after that. I tried to change my email around that time, so not sure if it's related to that or not.

Actually, I think changed my email too. Quite a coincidence.

• CurveCurve Join Date: 2003-12-17 Member: 24475Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I had to change my email as well, think were seeing a trend :)
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Ok, I have passed this information onto the forum guys. I have not fixed your constellation icons just yet as I want them to see them in the broken state.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Ye, constilation is tied to the email addresses @Comprox
  • SilverAxSilverAx Join Date: 2003-10-26 Member: 21976Members
    Same issue here lads.
  • CrispixCrispix Join Date: 2007-01-10 Member: 59543Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    Replying to see if mine is still working.

Edit: yup
  • DirtieDirtie Join Date: 2004-09-25 Member: 31923Members, Constellation
  • GrimfangGrimfang Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13086Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    Any news on this, or are the icons lost to nanites?

I did change my email back, but my icon is still gone.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    No news just yet, sorry. I think this is requiring some major work on the back end of stuff, but I am not entirely sure as I know nothing of coding.
  • LeviathanLeviathan Join Date: 2004-09-04 Member: 31345Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I changed my email too and don't have my icon.
    edited February 2013
    As far as I can understand. This forum has certain roles: Members, Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester and so on. It's possible for Forum admin to assign users to one or more of those roles. When they do that the email address is tied to that role. So if you change your email, you lose all the roles you have been assigned before, and go back to being Member only.

I think on the previous forum we couldn't change emails, so that wasn't a problem, but I myself joined the old forum 10 years ago, and the email I used back then is not one I use often, so I decided to update my email, and as a result lost my user roles.

I guess the short term fix is that if you have any kind of special access or icon, don't change email, and if you already did that, then have patience, at least you can still post in the general forums :)
    Did the consti forum still exist with the revamp?
  • SavantSavant Join Date: 2002-11-30 Member: 10289Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Yeah, I lost my consti icon too, although my playtest icon remains. I thought that it was because the forum only allowed one badge. (I can't say I've ever seen anyone with two.) I just tried posting in the Costi forum and my post shows up, although no icon. Mind you it's not a big deal for me personally either way.
    Curve wrote: »
    The Consti forum is still here, you can find it here. The forum I don't see anymore is the NS1 playtest forum, which seems to have been put out to pasture. Ahh the memories...
    Savant wrote: »
    Yeah, I lost my consti icon too, although my playtest icon remains. I thought that it was because the forum only allowed one badge. (I can't say I've ever seen anyone with two.) I just tried posting in the Costi forum and my post shows up, although no icon. Mind you it's not a big deal for me personally either way.
    Curve wrote: »
    The Consti forum is still here, you can find it here. The forum I don't see anymore is the NS1 playtest forum, which seems to have been put out to pasture. Ahh the memories...
    I think your case is a bit different than for the most people. Your profile is still grouped as 'contributor'. Meanwhile I'm just a 'member' now and the whole constie status seems to be missing.

Your forum link gives me a 'permission problem' and I can't seem to find the forum itself in my forum menus.
    Yah, they will have lost access to that forum because of this bug. Sorry for the wait on this one guys, the vanilla guys were in the middle of launching another site there for a while.
  • SavantSavant Join Date: 2002-11-30 Member: 10289Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    Bacillus wrote: »
    Your forum link gives me a 'permission problem' and I can't seem to find the forum itself in my forum menus.
    Can you see this list of forums? If you can, click on "Natural Selection Contributors". On that page is a single forum called "Constellation Forum".

It's there, you just can't see it it would seem. I'm sure they'll get it fixed up.

Bacillus wrote: »
    Can you see this list of forums? If you can, click on "Natural Selection Contributors". On that page is a single forum called "Constellation Forum".

It's there, you just can't see it it would seem. I'm sure they'll get it fixed up.

Yeah, I checked that and there's no contributors forum there anymore. I've got Help, Discussion, Organized Play and Creation, but no contributors.

You can kind of see the difference between our user profiles in the About section in the profile page. Your roles tab says 'NS1 Playtester' and 'Contributor'. Mine says 'Members'. You're still a registered constie even if the icon is missing, but I'm no longer recognized as a constie at all.
    Yeah that's unfortunate. Mind you, if it's any consolation, you're not missing anything in the forum. I hope they are able to get that fixed up for you.
    Yeah that's unfortunate. Mind you, if it's any consolation, you're not missing anything in the forum. I hope they are able to get that fixed up for you.
    Heh, I was certain there'd be a crazy party breaking out on the constie forum the exact moment I'm not there to slow things down.

I don't really miss that constie that much. The whole thread was started more because there's apparently a bug out there and I was kind of curious to see whether it could be tracked down.
    So how is the fix going?
    Not fast enough, obviously. Looking into it.
  • halcoberry_houndhalcoberry_hound Join Date: 2003-07-20 Member: 18309Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
  • SpoogeSpooge Thunderbolt missile in your cheerios Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 67Members
    With the whole badges thing going on I thought I'd check to see if I was showing my constie status and it turns out, no.
    Yes, I have a new email.
    Its been 5016 hours since this thread was posted...
    Just let people pay 10$ to buy back their constellation badge, problem solved :)
  • Lord_SothLord_Soth Join Date: 2004-06-10 Member: 29230Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited August 2013
    Strange huh - I think i have my original email from back in like 2004 when I dontated for my consti status that I no longer hold.. then again.. Havent been on the forums in fooreevver. Though I've been active in NS2 from the original beta launch till now - first time visiting the forums since 04! wooooo :)

Nope - hotmail has changed sooo many times since log I lost it.. bummer :<