Gorge Spit - Great, it's only 30 damage now but..

12346»

Comments

• TobbelTobbel Join Date: 2013-02-12 Member: 183021Members
    Yeah, what about him? I talk about a gorge winning a 1 on 1 after building a defense with hydras. Try soloing a marine 1 on 1 without building a defense, good luck with that. The marine just has to come closer and bamm, dead gorge.
  • buhehebuhehe Join Date: 2012-05-15 Member: 152140Members
    I think we should wait for Babblers and Webs to be implemented before considering further changes to Spit.
    If the former two turn out to provide enough self defense for the gorge, I'm all for a nerf to Spit.

But, as of now, I feel it's ok. Especially when the game escalates into later stages when marines have JP and are much harder to hit and outrun.
    It already takes 6 spits to kill a a0 marine, less damage than 30 would be silly imho, and the blinding effect is the only useful thing about it, since 30 dmg is negligible vs a2/a3.

The ONLY thing I could consider is
    1 hive = reduced blinding effect
    2+ hives = current blinding effect

Also some synergy between spit and hyras would be nice:

Spit applies a debuff on the enemy, making the hydras target the spitted target first and dealing +x% dmg on it.

• dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited February 2013
    Savant wrote: »
    wrote:There is no difference between the two...To continue with our comparison, it would be like the LMG being able to knockback the skulk *WHILE* still shooting bullets...The knockback also had pros/cons. (the con being you lose the ability to shoot bullets during this time.)

Gorge spit has none of this. It gets a free blind effect with every hit. Or in comparison it would be like putting knockback on EVERY bullet the marine fired that landed on the target.

@Savant, gorge can't heal spray and spit, nor bile and spit.

Spit also means you can't slide or move as fast, which for a gorge being shot can be a death-trap.

Rifle beat down got removed, a reason possibly being an early game massive advantage for marines, while gorge spit is used more late-early game/mid game (then onto endgame).

Personally, I am not that badly affected by spit, but maybe that’s because I have everything lowered.

PS: free? As someone said, you have to spend for gorge and you are not a skulk at this point; which is better? 2 skulks or 1 and one gorge?

• LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    Same goes for Cyst Rupture, otherwise +1 Lockieqt.
  • CCCorpCCCorp Join Date: 2003-03-14 Member: 14503Members, Constellation
    if they reduced the area of effect on cyst rupture i presonnally think it would make for a more skilled based mecanic, like most people have seid, i'm in aggreement for a reduction in marine visual impermanent just not so much were the alien comm isn't needed anymore, even now as it sits the alien comm is out of the hive a lot if the team needs back-up