Custom map playtest sessions

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2014
    I also highly suggest you run ns2stats so map creators can use the incredibly useful stats to make their maps better, as well as Shine for unstuck auto annotation reporting and quick surrender.
    I also suggest you player count by 1-2 to allow people to spec
    Oh and psssssssst eooooon ;)
    Psssst Psssst you have holes in Shiva Loki! :D
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    soooo.... whats new for this sunday? Will probably be a quite one with everyone recovering from the NS2WC but while im still alive/awake I'll try get it up and running!
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    Well, if you are in the mood I have just published a co_Core update, so you can give it a go. Unfortunately I cant make it to the playtest atm :(
  • troopstroops Wales Join Date: 2003-02-17 Member: 13664Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    We had a lot of fun last night, new maps were tested spotted a few problems and we'll play them again next week. It's good to see the evolution of maps.

Thanks for the steams Cyber, that uplift game was a very intense hour game.
  • CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Heh. Uplift, I got a bit salty at the end.

McGuffin Pump needs to be remade so it is possible for Marines to push. Same with Fast Hall into Control room. Both have issues with having to commit Arcs to an insane degree with the Aliens having either high ground, such as Pump, or so many little vents for Control.
  • minsciminsci Finland Join Date: 2013-05-27 Member: 185382Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2014
    some more vids for you, uplift stuck spot at 15:11

youtube.com/watch?v=drSszTWS_M8&list=PL4XpfAK86VF6Ic1NJ4VfChyJmjJ05y-jo&feature=share
  • MasterGMasterG gmfbst Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20169Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2014
    Hey guys! I was thinking to have a public playtest of ns2_mineral on the SCC server on Thursday(27th) at 18:00 CET. I want to get at least a couple of rounds on the map to see how it plays since one round can't really tell me much about the flow of the map. I will invite some people from my list and see how many I can get on to play. Anyone of you are of course welcome to participate if you have time. Join in on Thursday at 18:00(ish) and let's see what we figure out!
  • CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow

Eating right now and not playing, but I will be streaming the matches as long as I am active. Will have the VODs out after like last week.
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    So big night tonight (granted workshop isn't being ironic), we've got:
    Caged
    Fracture
    Hotdogs
    Eon
    Scrutiny
    Kodiak
    Co_sava
    Any others?
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    OK, I am all set up and raring to go....

I will be streaming the map tests from around 20:00UK time, at
    edited March 2014
    so whats new for tonight?
    Shiva, Goliath, Kodiak, prison and Derelict so far.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2014
    Hey all,

Just to let you know I will be live streaming tonights mapping playtest again from around 20:00GMT at

Enjoy :D
    Whats new this week?
  • MasterGMasterG gmfbst Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20169Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2014
    I gave mineral a quite substantial update on wednesday and a quick hotfix on friday:)
    I also see that lotnik updated ns2 light.
  • prevertmaximusprevertmaximus Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11630Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Hi, I have a map thats ready to try ns2_orbital_beta. Workshop link--http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=246524501
    Let me know any thing people find like/dislike.

Thanks, PREVERT-MAXIMUS
    Hey all,

May I recommend something for the playtests in future?

Editing down my videos for each map played, I cut out anywhere from 10-40mins of bouncing around and general chat between each match, then end up with 15-25 minutes of a round. Currently we get through less than two maps an hour.

Can we make a change where we maybe have commanders pre-selected, and we get on and play, maybe have two rounds on each map, one for each side? We are currently wasting a huge amount of time which could be spent playing the maps...

Today I recorded 3h30mins of video, but we spent less than 2 hours playing the 6 maps.
    @Soul_Rider‌ : Sure we can try this... its a good idea. We have in the past but guess we got lazy. As for two rounds I guess we should put a time cap on that if the first round is under 20 mins then yes. Not sure anyone would be up for that after an hour long game!
  • prevertmaximusprevertmaximus Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11630Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Hey Soul_Rider, Also anyone wanting to know, the ns2_orbital_beta has now been updated. So all the ceiling brushes should be all gone. Map is alot cleaner and the locations have been raised so the names of the rooms now show up to the commanders. Let me know how it is now before I make any more changes.

Thanks, PREVERT-MAXIMUS
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Hey Soul_Rider, Also anyone wanting to know, the ns2_orbital_beta has now been updated. So all the ceiling brushes should be all gone. Map is alot cleaner and the locations have been raised so the names of the rooms now show up to the commanders. Let me know how it is now before I make any more changes.

Thanks, PREVERT-MAXIMUS

We'll test it this sunday, I guess
    New servers today guys, The play count has been increased to 20. We'll see how it goes for tonight.
    Mumble sever: scc.mostlyoriginal.net
    (thanks Daan!)

Game Server : 85.236.100.186:28315

And for today we'll be on an official mod box server. We'll looking into getting a new server provider asap but this will do for the next few weeks

I need to know what needs testing tonight. So far I've got:
    Light, Mineral and orion
    Hey Howser, Please test the updated ns2_orbital_beta map if you can as well. What time tonight do you start to play the maps?
    Thanks, PREVERT-MAXIMUS
    okay mate orbital too now!
  • ObliviousSightObliviousSight Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158306Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @prevertmaximus we start in about 5 mins from this post :D
    Hi ObliviousSight,

Could I please have the full mumble connect info. When I try to join the server refuses the connection.
    Thanks, Max
    Starting now guys come on!
    45 minutes till it all kicks off. Same servers as last week... what needs testing this week?
    We get mvm_fray and fracture. we'll also be running the modular exo mod as thats been updated.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Howser wrote: »
    45 minutes till it all kicks off. Same servers as last week... what needs testing this week?
    We get mvm_fray and fracture. we'll also be running the modular exo mod as thats been updated.

Fuck. I completely missed it o.O