Flayra's balance patch in workshop

1235»

Comments

• Salraine_ChiSalraine_Chi Join Date: 2011-07-03 Member: 107669Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2028095:date=Nov 18 2012, 08:04 PM:name=Stubbs)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stubbs @ Nov 18 2012, 08:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2028095"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I can't recall a post asking for a massive health buff to the Lerk.

Seems to me that it's the Fade that needs the Health/Armour increase right now (it doesn't have to as extreme as reverting to NS1), but the Lerk's <i>abilities</i> need to be better to pay for his fragility, which he could then keep as-is. Spore clouds could be wider or slightly more damaging to make him better mid-game and Umbra could be buffed in any way that made people actually get it. And, as someone else said, he needs to be quicker without Celerity so it's not so crucial to take.

The true madness here is the huge adjustment. Why increase health massively when you could have increased it slightly and have seen how that went?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That was a generalised comment about any changes because of a few complaints on the forum and wasn't directed at the Lerk specifically.

I then went on to also say a little extra armour and health should go the the fade instead.

Sal
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=2028130:date=Nov 18 2012, 12:50 PM:name=RedDragon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RedDragon @ Nov 18 2012, 12:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2028130"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah, but during those 200 builds Spores was incredibly weak. It was moved to a second hive ability, and then justifiably buffed, because Spikes was an unappealing second hive ability (seems like a minor upgrade compared to leap, bile, and blink).

If you move spores back to a first hive ability, then it's just going to get nerfed again and nobody will be happy.

Please, leave the Lerk alone and go try and balance something else.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    OR just put spores back to T1 and everyone profits??
    Spores weren't weak, the lerk was because he had no means to engage shotgunners early game, so spikes were made T1 understandably.
    But now where the hell does bite go? T2, T3? No one liked that idea.

Which is why i suggest giving it Spores at T1 with spikes and bite. Umbra T2. Do whatever for T3, not as important. Maybe an armor buff so he scales better. shrug.
  • OneEyedOneEyed Join Date: 2003-03-14 Member: 14493Members
    edited November 2012
    I will be running the NS2 Balance Patch on a 24 man server.

U(2) Gauge Invariance // Build 230 Balance
    connect gauge2.ns2servers.com
    Mods: Next Build Balance Patch, Custom NS2 Maps, NS2Stats