Will Black armor ever go on Steam as DLC sale?

13»

Comments

• ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2026802:date=Nov 17 2012, 02:36 PM:name=Twin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Twin @ Nov 17 2012, 02:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2026802"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is an interesting concept.
    It would make sense to reward actively <b>useful</b> members of the community who help the game thrive and grow (through maps/models/skins/mods/videos etc).
    And it also allows an avenue for <b>new fans</b> (you'll need these btw) to acquire the complete Natural Selection 2 game (containing all assets).
    I've witnessed a few great FPS/RTS bloom and wilt (like Savage 2 and Nuclear Dawn) and the only thing that keeps them going is the community.
    Being elitist and fragmenting a community really does the game no favours in the long run.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

See squad 5.

Also I see you mention the importance of the community. Who do you think will still be around long after all the other flavour of the month players are gone? Who do you think the last people to leave will be? Most likely the ones that spent 40$ on nothing more than screenshots and an idea. UWE made a promise to those players, one they won't break, I'm sure.
  • maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2026802:date=Nov 17 2012, 01:36 PM:name=Twin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Twin @ Nov 17 2012, 01:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2026802"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Heh, I find it tragically ironic that the opposition to releasing the Black Armor skin comes mainly from the people who were given it for being 'supporters' of the project!
    Yet these 'supporters' don't want anyone else to support UWE the same way they did?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Your trying so hard to sound intelligent, but think about what your saying, a) who else besides those who have black armor would have reason to be against giving it out again. b) nobody with black armor has ever suggested that you shouldn't support uwe.... Black armor is closed if they decide to create a black skulk or something that is up to uwe, besides if they sell black armor only the people who don't have it will buy it, but if they sell a black skulk everyone will buy it.
  • {GGs} Chicken{GGs} Chicken Join Date: 2011-11-22 Member: 134663Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Damn people, it's just armor. Bethesda has some very good horse armor you guys would be interested in.
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Here are a few clarifications:
    <ul><li>Black armor will never be DLC or available in any other way</li><li>If you are an employee of Unknown Worlds you are granted access to all of our offerings on Steam, which includes the black armor. That's just how the system works.</li><li>The map testers were mistakenly marked as employees of Unknown Worlds in Steam, so they got the black armor temporarily. That has since been corrected</li></ul>Thank you to everyone how helped support us in the early days of NS2.
  • KurrineKurrine Join Date: 2010-07-03 Member: 72235Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2027064:date=Nov 17 2012, 10:36 AM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max @ Nov 17 2012, 10:36 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2027064"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Here are a few clarifications:
    <ul><li>Black armor will never be DLC or available in any other way</li><li>If you are an employee of Unknown Worlds you are granted access to all of our offerings on Steam, which includes the black armor. That's just how the system works.</li><li>The map testers were mistakenly marked as employees of Unknown Worlds in Steam, so they got the black armor temporarily. That has since been corrected</li></ul>Thank you to everyone how helped support us in the early days of NS2.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--coloro:#aadd00--><span style="color:#aadd00"><!--/coloro-->Thanks, the official input is appreciated.
    ..See you in a week or two when this silly topic comes up again sadly.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I wouldn't mind if the squad5 people get the black armor.

dePara for example spend a lot of money for servers that can run the game. Those 40 dollars are peanuts compared to the money he spent for these servers.

Also mappers like [=Alex=] who spend <b>a lot</b> of time creating maps should get it.
  • echsechs Join Date: 2002-12-27 Member: 11568Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2027064:date=Nov 17 2012, 06:36 PM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max @ Nov 17 2012, 06:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2027064"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Here are a few clarifications:
    <ul><li>Black armor will never be DLC or available in any other way</li><li>If you are an employee of Unknown Worlds you are granted access to all of our offerings on Steam, which includes the black armor. That's just how the system works.</li><li>The map testers were mistakenly marked as employees of Unknown Worlds in Steam, so they got the black armor temporarily. That has since been corrected</li></ul>Thank you to everyone how helped support us in the early days of NS2.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks Max. Stickied? :D
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2025622:date=Nov 16 2012, 08:27 AM:name=nSidia)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nSidia @ Nov 16 2012, 08:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025622"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->no im correct i know i am i dont need your opinion<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You also dont need grammar.

<!--quoteo(post=2026802:date=Nov 17 2012, 08:36 AM:name=Twin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Twin @ Nov 17 2012, 08:36 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2026802"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Heh, I find it tragically ironic that the opposition to releasing the Black Armor skin comes mainly from the people who were given it for being 'supporters' of the project!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And I find that you dont really know what irony means.
  • ColtColtColtColt Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153707Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2027064:date=Nov 17 2012, 11:36 AM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max @ Nov 17 2012, 11:36 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2027064"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Here are a few clarifications:

+50.

All the people coming and weeping about not having black armor should sit down and ponder how this game came to be, and have at least a shred of "Oh, well I guess the people who bought this back when it didn't even exist should get some sort of cool-points". Don't begrudge the people who were behind the product years before you knew what it was. It comes off cheap, and makes you look like an entitled, spoiled 'new breed' gamer of the last decade who feel that everything should go to everyone for no reason other than "I'm here, why don't i get everything".

Big kudos to UWE for standing solid on this issue every time it comes up.

-Colt
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2027080:date=Nov 17 2012, 01:56 PM:name=Bicsum)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bicsum @ Nov 17 2012, 01:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2027080"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I wouldn't mind if the squad5 people get the black armor.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Squad 5 people will most likely be getting their special icon in the game once the icon system gets an overhaul.

Since everyone will see it while you play as anything, it's a step above a skin.
  • TwinTwin Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168597Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2026805:date=Nov 17 2012, 12:43 PM:name=Imbalanxd)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Imbalanxd @ Nov 17 2012, 12:43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2026805"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->See squad 5.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Interesting, thanks for that. It's a bit like working for a game developer, but you get paid in shiny icons :)

<!--quoteo(post=2026953:date=Nov 17 2012, 04:50 PM:name=maD maX)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maD maX @ Nov 17 2012, 04:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2026953"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Your trying so hard to sound intelligent, but blah blah ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    *You're
    And well, yes, of course I am. Otherwise I'd end up with an incoherent post which adds nothing to the discussion, such as the one you've just provided.

<!--quoteo(post=2027064:date=Nov 17 2012, 06:36 PM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max @ Nov 17 2012, 06:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2027064"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><ul><li>Black armor will never be DLC or available in any other way</li></ul><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Thanks for clearing that up. So yes, the Black Armour players <b>are</b> valued more highly than the new players currently buying the game.
    I'll just have to accept that NS2 will just be another one of my collections that I wasn't able to complete.
    I'm out, but thanks for the interesting insights into the value of digital items and status!
  • LUSITANERLUSITANER Join Date: 2010-09-19 Member: 74086Members
    edited November 2012
    Lol, some ppl really should have shame on their faces.... its OBVIOUS that if UWE gave a thing that was originally EXCLUSIVE (do you know this word? no?) to those WHO PAID MORE just to get an armor painted in black (which isnt a big deal.....) and their etternal gratitude, they would be some sort of traitors to the customers trust. Those who are whinnig about this should only have marines in pants during the game now as a punishment ^^
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2027098:date=Nov 17 2012, 02:13 PM:name=Twin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Twin @ Nov 17 2012, 02:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2027098"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thanks for clearing that up. So yes, the Black Armour players <b>are</b> valued more highly than the new players currently buying the game.
    I'll just have to accept that NS2 will just be another one of my collections that I wasn't able to complete.
    I'm out, but thanks for the interesting insights into the value of digital items and status!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, befoul the developers for thanking their initial supporters.

Have fun elsewhere, maybe you can buy your status in tf2.

<!--quoteo(post=2027103:date=Nov 17 2012, 02:17 PM:name=LUSITANER)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LUSITANER @ Nov 17 2012, 02:17 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2027103"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Those who are whinnig about this should only have marines in pants during the game now as a punishment ^^<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't know, Liquid snake did the whole just pants thing pretty well.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
This discussion has been closed.