Build 224 Is (Almost) Out

124»

Comments

• OnionknightOnionknight Join Date: 2010-03-28 Member: 71103Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1993892:date=Oct 19 2012, 09:11 PM:name=VeNeM)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (VeNeM @ Oct 19 2012, 09:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1993892"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->stats would be a whole lot better if aliens didnt complain from the jump. seriously the last few days alien players complain the time the round starts till the end. and what do these same players do? they REJOIN ALIEN?! its like a sick joke , these same players dont leave the hive , lemming down long hallways into multiple marines, but then complain about how OP marines are.. 224 isnt going to fix these issues as this is solely pebkac. i will 100% promise ppl will complain next patch, and the patch after that and etc etc etc. i mean isnt it sad enough the devs have to add in hand holding tactics like glancing bite to reward alien players that cannot aim properly and spam the bite controls? whats next a console auto feature? ive won plenty alien rounds in this build. the difference? my teamates didnt sit back and let marines take the entire map and ge tthis, actually hit the marines back instead of sitting in vents and complaining through voice chat. devs need to seriously remove k/d from the scoreboard. that will go a long way towards fixing this "problem".<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Copy paste yours server here so we can all go play on it. Then no one will ###### about 223, end of story.
  • ToumalToumal Join Date: 2010-05-02 Member: 71591Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1994456:date=Oct 21 2012, 02:04 PM:name=Max)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Max @ Oct 21 2012, 02:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1994456"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We are still working on 224. We're hoping to release it on Monday, but we still have quite a bit of work to do before we can do that.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks for setting the record straight. I dunno where I heard that 224 was basically ready but just not released because of the tournament, obviously that was inaccurate then, to put it mildly.

You guys do an amazing job, going way beyond what the usual game studios are doing, with their UDK licensed just-replace-assets-and-script games. Yeah aliens are suffering atm, sure I miss the old NS1 lerk spore, turrents are pointless in 223 etc. - but honestly, these are balancing issues. Don't let the naysayers tell you otherwise. NS2 looks and plays extremely well. On October 31st you guys will raise the quality bar for indie games big time, and it'll be extremely tough for other games to achieve a comparable level of polish.

(If you guys ever decide to release a non-steam version, I'll buy another copy just to get rid of Steam. But that's just me ;) )