New steam account just for ns2 gift key

Skyforger2Skyforger2 Join Date: 2007-10-19 Member: 62681Members
<div class="IPBDescription">A question about steam.</div>Instead sending my key to one friend i was wondering if i could create steam account and send the gift key to it, and share that steam account with more than one friend.
But the question is: Is there a way to always have control of that account example nobody cant change e-mail address in case they change password, in that case i could share with more online friends some maybe i don't trust that much.

Comments

• IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2012
    Sharing accounts is against Steam's terms of service.

Just saiyan.
  • DrummerDrummer Join Date: 2004-02-18 Member: 26654Members
    nope, pretty sure if you give someone access to your steam account, they'll be able to do anything. make sure you trust them!

and im sure UWE wont care what you do with your copy, it's your account after all. and if someone really goes thru the trouble of taking that account, then they clearly like ns2 a lot, so thats a good end result after all.
  • Skyforger2Skyforger2 Join Date: 2007-10-19 Member: 62681Members
    edited September 2012
    Like they will find out, it's just few ppl i want to show NS2
    As i said rather than sending to 1 friend and maybe he wont even like it.

<!--quoteo(post=1980294:date=Sep 19 2012, 05:59 PM:name=Drummer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Drummer @ Sep 19 2012, 05:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1980294"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->nope, pretty sure if you give someone access to your steam account, they'll be able to do anything. make sure you trust them!

and im sure UWE wont care what you do with your copy, it's your account after all. and if someone really goes thru the trouble of taking that account, then they clearly like ns2 a lot, so thats a good end result after all.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You got a point here :)
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited September 2012
    An account is secured by your mail. If they want to change the password they need an access to your mail so... can't happen.

If you want to add a layer of security, you can do it by buying a game with your credit card. If someone change the password. You can claim it to the Steam support because you are the owner of the card linked to that steam account.
  • havok?havok? Join Date: 2012-05-22 Member: 152462Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited September 2012
    Pretty sure if you give someone your password to log into your account they can just change the email first and then set a new pw.
  • TwiggehTwiggeh Join Date: 2010-09-24 Member: 74165Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1980387:date=Sep 19 2012, 09:49 PM:name=havok?)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (havok? @ Sep 19 2012, 09:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1980387"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Pretty sure if you give someone your password to log into your account they can just change the email first and then set a new pw.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dont you get a confirmation-mail sent to your current mail if you/somebody tries to change the mail linked to steam?
    Just have a separate password on your mail and you should be ok.
  • NoxZANoxZA Join Date: 2012-09-18 Member: 159814Members
    This is actually a good idea (for me). I was wondering who of my friends I would gift it to (I know them all in RL) but the problem is most of them still don't have internet at home (###### internet service in this country). If I create another account for the gift and just let my buddies use it when they come to LAN with me, then I can play with any one of them. Thanks OP!
  • TwiggehTwiggeh Join Date: 2010-09-24 Member: 74165Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1980459:date=Sep 20 2012, 12:28 AM:name=NoxZA)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NoxZA @ Sep 20 2012, 12:28 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1980459"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is actually a good idea (for me). I was wondering who of my friends I would gift it to (I know them all in RL) but the problem is most of them still don't have internet at home (###### internet service in this country). If I create another account for the gift and just let my buddies use it when they come to LAN with me, then I can play with any one of them. Thanks OP!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Aye, as long as you only invite one of them at a time.
  • NoxZANoxZA Join Date: 2012-09-18 Member: 159814Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1980509:date=Sep 20 2012, 02:39 AM:name=Twiggeh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Twiggeh @ Sep 20 2012, 02:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1980509"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Aye, as long as you only invite one of them at a time.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Like I said, only to be used when they are lanning with me (aka right next to me). This way they don't get butthurt because they didn't get the invite and they still all get to play.