Cup 6v6 for fun

Comments

• PhYzorPhYzor Join Date: 2003-10-26 Member: 22005Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    actually the match is 5 vs 5, not 6
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    With the current list of people, including others that join up. We should be able to make it 6v6. Sooo, can we? Please? :D
    Also, I've started a team with a friend from denmark, his nickname is BigBanana. If you can edit that in topic? :P We have no name yet :D
  • SmasherSmasher Join Date: 2005-03-06 Member: 43732Members
    This is a great initiative!
  • vlncvlnc Join Date: 2010-09-07 Member: 73921Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1849462:date=Jun 1 2011, 04:23 PM:name=swalk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (swalk @ Jun 1 2011, 04:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1849462"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->With the current list of people, including others that join up. We should be able to make it 6v6. Sooo, can we? Please? :D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I would too but it's the beginning, in a near future we will for sure :D

<!--quoteo(post=1849462:date=Jun 1 2011, 04:23 PM:name=swalk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (swalk @ Jun 1 2011, 04:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1849462"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also, I've started a team with a friend from denmark, his nickname is BigBanana. If you can edit that in topic? :P We have no name yet :D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

done
    edited June 2011
    double post, admin can delete this one
  • PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
  • PhYzorPhYzor Join Date: 2003-10-26 Member: 22005Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    in the last match, 1 person whould like to add in rules : with the limit of 3 hydras by rt, he think it will be good if there is 3 hydras by hive too.
    So in 1 hive with 1 rt, gorge can build 6 hydras.

What do you think about that ?
  • nUfl0wnUfl0w Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42412Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1849634:date=Jun 2 2011, 01:00 PM:name=PhYzor)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PhYzor @ Jun 2 2011, 01:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1849634"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->in the last match, 1 person whould like to add in rules : with the limit of 3 hydras by rt, he think it will be good if there is 3 hydras by hive too.
    So in 1 hive with 1 rt, gorge can build 6 hydras.

What do you think about that ?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

as with the current hydra hitbox i doubt that this is a good idea. e.g. on rockdown with as, central and east in alien hand you could completly lock down east and central with the amount of 15 hydras you would be allowed to build. even for ft equiped rines its hard to fight against those amounts of hydras. the result would be aliens would be free to focus on west and lock down rines to base.
    the game between frelge and hbz where a max 3 hydras per rt rule was applied showed to be pretty balanced imo. its was skill dependent wheather rines or aliens won and not related to locked down areas defended by npcs.

Dolce & Lebowski
  • Saint RawSaint Raw Join Date: 2011-05-18 Member: 99414Members
    I actually think 3 for each rt is low. I'm a player who favors marines and find hydra's pretty easy to counter with nades. Although I'm at my best with a shotgun on my paws I almost always have enough resources to switch between Nade launcher and Shotgun. I even use personal res to speed up restocking ammunition or switch between flamer and shotgun to get rid of some critical infestation.

Yeah, I'm one of those guys who doesn't suicide and only assaults full health if possible.

In any case, I rather have the fun of blowing up 5 or more hydra's with few nadez then to close range shotgun one well placed hydra.

[I'm babbling. Yaj.]
    imo, the person who spam hydra need to buy skill.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    I prefer short, fast and skill based games in a teammatch.

With too many Hydras the game would be more like an "normal" game.
    And i think, noone want to cast an 2hour game.
  • Saint RawSaint Raw Join Date: 2011-05-18 Member: 99414Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1849656:date=Jun 2 2011, 08:47 PM:name=dePARA)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dePARA @ Jun 2 2011, 08:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1849656"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I prefer short, fast and skill based games in a teammatch.

With too many Hydras the game would be more like an "normal" game.
    And i think, noone want to cast an 2hour game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think this game is not based on skill alone, it's not and RTS/FPS by chance.
    Noone likes a game that takes more than one(two) hour(s), this is actually not a plausible topic since there are so many game changing features missing.
    The problem with the current beta build for players right now is that a game with equal strategic insight and matching skill, it will result in endurance games and stalemates. As some have experienced last night on Dedi-box Summit, where I got a whooping 2000 points, 100 kills and a turnaround in winning team(high five mates!).

Just wait for phasegates, motion tracking, onos, alien perks, fade blink, pustules, jetpacks, exosuits and much more.
  • FlawlessFlawless Join Date: 2011-05-02 Member: 96806Members
    Hey guys,

I'm keen to get in on this tournament, don't really know where all these players are during the day or evening when I'm almost always on the only populated server there... But yeah I there's only a handful of other players that I find a challenge so I'm keen to be put up against 5 of them.

I'm in NZ and get good ping on servers as far as US -West.

In game name is "Flawless"

Steam name is "Flaw|ess" add me if you want a boost to your team or if you're just putting one together.

Hope to get in on this because I'm starting to feel like a bit of a bully up against relatively new people.

Cheers
  • bannybanny Join Date: 2009-09-05 Member: 68703Members
    I'm interesting too for a specator slot for cast it "in french". Even if it's just "fan match" and even if the game is too young for "pro competiting", that's alway a good oportunity for beging the way of e-sport for ns2.

so if you can tell the next date, i appreciate it ^^.
    banny, come to irc (server : gamesurge) on the channel : #ns2gather
    la team Frelge est souvent connecté et donc tu pourras savoir si on fait un match ou non ;)
    ok ça marche je passerai ce week end ou la semaine prochaine ^^
    edited June 2011
    New match tonight (21H GMT +2)

HBZ vs Frelge
    on Tram
    1-1

Very good match, thanks to HBZ !
    yeah nice match against HBZ.

need 178 !!
  • Trainee.gerTrainee.ger Join Date: 2011-05-22 Member: 100097Members
    you had nice strategies in both matches! very impressive! :-)
  • philaeuxphilaeux Join Date: 2011-05-22 Member: 100121Awaiting Authorization
    Thanks Trainee.ger, you destroyed us well on alien side ;) Our alien side was a kind of poker all-in.
    I hope we will have some good gathers on B178 =)

Here is one video from the match, sorry i can't do the marine side beacuse my game crashed two times, i love ns2_tram :'(
    (i improved video quality)
    2011-06-05 | Frelge(a) - HBZ(m) | B177 Tram (1/1) => <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKygoxjI7Ws" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKygoxjI7Ws</a>

Looking forward seeing you in game.
    philaeux
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Entertaining, thanks for sharing!
    i'm encoding the first match with french commentary, that will take many hour to upload it so this night (utc +1) or tomorow, for the few french who are here.
    i hope ns2hd will cast the next one for english/us/australian people.

i had got many problem with sound so i had to comment two time this game of 35 minute and the second time my voice was pretty tired. But that was fun to watch it, great strategy each side.
  • FlawlessFlawless Join Date: 2011-05-02 Member: 96806Members
    edited June 2011
    Hey guys,

I can see that there's a lot of NZ/AUS people with no server or person to start a team, So I say we just start one ourselves! My in game name is Flawless, and my steam is the same.

Add me, or if not start playing a bit and I'll see you and providing you're up to scratch invite you into the team.

I'm not gonna be so bold to pick a team name or tag, because I think we first need to get team "Australasia" (in from NZ so can't exactly say team Aus) Set up so we can have a vote regarding names and what-not.

Team at the moment, Well it seems that all the Australians playing, overnight decided to cut a few letters and are now in the Austrian team,

AUSSIES where are you??? Lets make ANZACS not just a cookie or holiday, lets make it mean something!

I say start playing on NS2 servers, and lets get some dialog going.

I swear I sometimes feel like (because often it's actually true) I'm the only one actually on the NS2 servers while these forums are still flooding with people.

Lets put aside our differences Australians and show the world what were made of (^_^)

Thats all for now,

Make this happen.
    nice video Phila, thank you :x
    here my replay with french comment. (first part)

i got lot of problem with my recording voice but that doesn't mater that was good game with good player.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dToc2OwpXA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dToc2OwpXA</a>
    New videos on <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=113529&view=findpost&p=1847774" target="_blank">#1</a> (last match on tram)

@flawless done
    And here the second part of the first match.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q25jzgBRYIo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q25jzgBRYIo</a>
    thanks banny and philaeux
  • m3liorm3lior Join Date: 2011-06-07 Member: 103181Members
    great post! can we get some more posts like that, but with some first person perspective of the players?