Medpack Removes Parasite?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

thecowsaysmoothecowsaysmoo Join Date: 2008-02-02 Member: 63557Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Healspray removes motion tracking then?</div>I dont get it, theoretically it makes sense, Get healed get rid of your parasite. Except parasite is not easy to do, and often times can get you killed trying to parasite something. In ns1 I considered it a victory If i parasited 2-3 marines before I died, Even if I didnt bite any. Now marines can just drop a cheap medpack and voila they arent on parasited anymore.

I've always hated motion tracking(map hacks) and parasite, as it kills the early game. No more reason to climb on walls or hide in corners as a skulk, CAUSE THEY ###### KNOW YOUR THERE. I just hate it, I hate it more than I hate the heartbeat sensor. Parasite atleast takes a little skill and risk, skulk risking his life to have to aim and hit a marine with a parasite. Motion tracking u just press a ###### button and ta-da, the WHOLE TEAM lights up. Seriously how is that balanced? It's not balanced already, and now marines CAN GET RID OF THE ###### PARASITE, you gotta be kiddin me. I can handle that the beta version is kinda jacked up right now, and it's gonna take a while for things to run smoothly, but lately your guys "gameplay" changes have been just horrible decisions that come out of nowhere it seems. Who was asking for parasite to be removed by medpacks??? like 4 people maybe? any good marine knows that is just unbalanced and total BS marines are not even afraid of parasite anyways they are all rambos marines make so much noise, and light up like christmas trees you already know where they are with a little communication with your team. A good comm will NEVER have any of his players stay parasited so you mine as well just take it out of the game, not worth skulks risking their lives anymore.(what I am trying to say is that, knowing where your enemy is, is by itself a bigger advantage for marines than aliens, because they are ranged, They know they cant go down a hallway until they eliminate the skulk waiting for them. While the waiting skulk still has to wait and hope the marine doesnt have map hacks. Skulks will still have to actually catch the marine to do any damage, this is SO MUCH harder when they have map hacks, like 5000-6000% harder, Marines will be able to simply walk into the area and aim directly at the skulk killing it before it can get close to him, not to mention being able to see where the whole alien team is, letting you know, ok they have this hive and this hive etc...)

I think both should just be taken out of the game no wall hacks for anyone. It's a bad idea, and it sucks in practice as well, when the other team knows where you are it ruins the unique style gameplay of NS, marines just sit and hide and say "How'd I get to be so good" they got good when they got motion tracking cause they know when aliens are coming and EXACTLY WHERE THEY ARE COMING FROM i mean wtf, you mine as well put aimbot on and play the nintendo duckhunt music in the background if thats what its gonna be It's gonna be like target practice out there, shooting fish in a barrel. I dont want map hacks in my game, I hate it, It really pisses me off more than flamethrowers, ###### lag, no servers to play on, crappy commanders, Motion tracking/parasite pisses me off the most by far. Literally giving the marines Wall hacks, and letting them prevent alien wall hacks, some of the things that UWE does makes sense, but I am failing to see how this improves the game. It's another advantage for marines in the mid-late game, where they already have ALL the advantages. This is going to turn into the early days of NS1 where you couldnt even get enough people to join the alien side to get the game started. I for one wont be playing if the current system is how things will be run.

Map hacks is not something I consider a "Feature" it is a "Problem". Mine as well have marines shooting through walls, that way they wouldnt even have to use the keyboard in game, you could just spawn, use your map hacks, aim at the blue circles, and ta-da marine victory, thats what were goin for here right uwe? marine victory ?? Lets just get rid of humans playing alien side altogether, humans are hard to kill anyways, turn aliens into newbie bots, and then everyone will play marines and get High Scores!!!!!! YEAH EVERYONES A WINNER!!!!!! Lets make all the aliens units only have 1 hp, this way We wont have to bothered by 2-shotting them, 1-shot kill will be guarenteed. I mean hey It's not already an advantage enough that I have a ###### GUN WITH RANGE ACCROSS THE MAP, while aliens have to sneak and run all the way up, and LITERALLY BE TOUCHING THE MARINE to do any damage, that is not enough of an advantage for the marine though, I need to have ###### MAP HACKS....

Sry I had to vent, This just really pisses me off, I dont want map hacks in the game, Map hacks was the worst part of NS1, and it will ruin ns2 too. I could not stand being an alien, and watching my teammates walk around with cloak like freakin retards, while the marines just take over the whole map. Having to walk everywhere I go, is not equivalent to a ###### medpack, not to mention it is harder to Parasite then to PRESS THE ###### MAP HACK BUTTON, as well marines have to be re-parasited everytime they spawn. I think it's easier to just have no map-hacks, Listen to teh beautiful sounds of NS2, aliens make noise and give away their posistion, marines make noise when they walk down hallways, this should be enough. The old ns1 version of parasite vs Map hacks, was obviosuly favored towards the marine side, DONT GO AND GIVE THEM MORE ADVANTAGE, people play alien side too...

Maybe There will be server without map-hacks enabled, that would be nice.

Comments

• RulgrokRulgrok Join Date: 2007-04-04 Member: 60559Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1811367:date=Nov 27 2010, 10:14 PM:name=thecowsaysmoo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thecowsaysmoo @ Nov 27 2010, 10:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811367"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In ns1 I considered it a victory If i parasited 2-3 marines before I died, Even if I didnt bite any.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

tl.dr. Q.Q suk skulk
    go play marine
  • slayer20slayer20 Killed a man once. Join Date: 2007-12-13 Member: 63157Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm almost positive that if you walk as an alien, you will not be picked up by Motion Tracking.

Also, I don't think Scent of Fear picks up non-moving marines.
  • thecowsaysmoothecowsaysmoo Join Date: 2008-02-02 Member: 63557Members
    edited November 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1811368:date=Nov 28 2010, 04:22 AM:name=Rulgrok)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rulgrok @ Nov 28 2010, 04:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811368"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->tl.dr. Q.Q suk skulk
    go play marine<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So u just post just to post huh? You must be one of those guys that crouches in corner and spams the "v" key saying My shrink says i need an outlet for my aggression, playign duckhunt shooting at the blue circles. Why dont you go back and play Big Deer Hunter, or learn how to read and provide some constructive criticism.

<!--quoteo(post=1811369:date=Nov 28 2010, 04:26 AM:name=slayer20)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slayer20 @ Nov 28 2010, 04:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811369"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm almost positive that if you walk as an alien, you will not be picked up by Motion Tracking.

Also, I don't think Scent of Fear picks up non-moving marines.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

you obviosuly didnt read Having to walk everywhere I go is not equal to 1 medpack.
  • WhiteZeroWhiteZero That Guy Join Date: 2004-06-24 Member: 29511Members, Constellation
    edited November 2010
    Nanomachines. Rines have em, aliens dont.
    Nuff said.

And yes, tl;dr indeed.
  • Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    edited November 2010
    I'm kind of hoping marines just won't have motion tracking, or at most it will only work in rooms they control. It certainly shouldn't work on DI or in unpowered rooms.

Parasite should also be timed, that way it's reliable but not impossible to get rid of. I think armories would be a better solution than medpacks if it has to be a curable thing.

Kind of think you're overreacting though, you don't know what they are going to do with the intel systems, have a little faith that UWE at some point in their lives figured out that imbalance is not a good thing.
  • shivshiv Join Date: 2010-04-11 Member: 71341Members, Constellation
    lol. you seriously typed all of that ###### out? wtf?
  • weezlweezl Join Date: 2008-07-04 Member: 64557Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    completely agree parasite removal with medpack is bs.

it was kinda interesting in ns1 that once you were parasited, there was no going back (like in sc1 also, bw had medic restore though).
    - it's a battlefield, with no advanced medical facility for that kind of treatment!

MT being maphack though... don't agree!
    sure it's easy to research and is passive and permanent,
    but hey, an alien race going up against a technological race, you just gotta deal with opponents having good technology!

and for the record (slayer20), MOTION-tracking only showed MOTION (no matter how small it was).
    the two, and only two, ways around it are: be completely still or be fully cloaked
  • FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    edited November 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1811371:date=Nov 28 2010, 04:30 AM:name=thecowsaysmoo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thecowsaysmoo @ Nov 28 2010, 04:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811371"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So u just post just to post huh? You must be one of those guys that crouches in corner and spams the "v" key saying My shrink says i need an outlet for my aggression, playign duckhunt shooting at the blue circles. Why dont you go back and play Big Deer Hunter, or learn how to read and provide some constructive criticism.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    He did give constructive feedback.
    "tl;dr"
    <!--quoteo(post=1811371:date=Nov 28 2010, 04:30 AM:name=thecowsaysmoo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thecowsaysmoo @ Nov 28 2010, 04:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811371"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->you obviosuly didnt read Having to walk everywhere I go is not equal to 1 medpack.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    you complain at a guy not having read whole post, when you already complained on a guy saying tl;dr?
    Cause your post was indeed tl;dr.

Also, why do you insult people (the first quote), that will not do you anything good, and might even result in a flame war.

Ontopic:
    Ok, so if i got it right it is a lot of text to say you dislike rines can negate parasite using medpacks?
    Well i agree it might be a bad change, as if the rines keep check of when they are parasited, they can always deparasite themself. On the other hand, medpacks cost resources, and you can just parasite them again if they remove the parasite.

My own opinion is that removing parasite is not a good idea. Maybe a timer though, so it 'dies' 5 minutes after you got parasited. Not really like it will happen alot (parasited rines have a tendency to die fast), but it could very well happen if someone goes commander for some minutes after getting parasited, and later return to combat.
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    I too don't agree with medpacks removing parasite, but why did you need over 9000 words to type that out?
  • PistachioPistachio Join Date: 2005-05-26 Member: 52481Members
    This is a tricky one. Whenever I play NS1 and get parasited I always feel like I can't wait to respawn, because it's essentially over for me, but now that it can be removed in NS2 I find myself thinking it does feel a bit unbalanced.

Perhaps they could tie in motion tracking with power nodes. So, in "dark" areas motion tracking does not work. That means marines can't rush a hive and know exactly what's going on before they enter the room, and the aliens will have some recourse like the marines with their med packs.
  • ctoon6ctoon6 Join Date: 2007-06-15 Member: 61256Members
    i think that MT should work through only 1 wall and let you see the outlines of buildings and aliens. parasite should work as is except a healing at the armory will only take off the parasite after 4 minutes after you were infected. think that's good?
  • yourbonesakinyourbonesakin Join Date: 2005-08-06 Member: 57682Members
    This:

<!--quoteo(post=1811397:date=Nov 28 2010, 01:12 AM:name=Pistachio)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pistachio @ Nov 28 2010, 01:12 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811397"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Perhaps they could tie in motion tracking with power nodes. So, in "dark" areas motion tracking does not work. That means marines can't rush a hive and know exactly what's going on before they enter the room, and the aliens will have some recourse like the marines with their med packs.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

But mostly this:

<!--quoteo(post=1811379:date=Nov 27 2010, 11:53 PM:name=Chris0132)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chris0132 @ Nov 27 2010, 11:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811379"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm kind of hoping <b>marines just won't have motion tracking</b>, or at most it will only work in rooms they control. It certainly shouldn't work on DI or in unpowered rooms.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

How map hacking gets into NS2, I have no idea. It's a terrible, terrible idea which needs to axed now, now, now.

Unknown Worlds Entertainment, I love you. You get my support and I cut you slack because I know you listen to the community and are making a great game many people will spend years mastering. Map hacking is not and cannot be good in RTS games. It is simply much too information for any team to possess. And no, both teams getting map hacking doesn't fix the issue.

If the map hacking was limited (false signatures/missing signatures, high refresh time (10 seconds minimum), only works in powered areas), it <i>might</i> not suck terribly from a fundamental perspective. Zero latency perfectly accurate map wide map hacks is just map hacks. Pure and simple.

If map hacking gets into NS2, I'll probably be rendered speechless for a good 10 seconds and just have to put it out of my mind for a day. I don't know what the eventual reaction post will look like, but it won't be pretty.
  • Wyattx3Wyattx3 Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18386Members
    I think a trip to the armory would be better.

I could see a good comm just negating the use of Parasite completely, and then Skulks will just stop using them entirely.

But I do agree, it really stinks when you are able to stay alive for an entire game, but have been parasited the entire time.

Any sneakiness would require 'kill in console' before hand, which I think is the reason behind this?
  • thecowsaysmoothecowsaysmoo Join Date: 2008-02-02 Member: 63557Members
    I should have known better I apologive, soemtimes i forget this is the internet. I really just wanted to start a conversation about parasite/Motion tracking.
  • bl1tzbl1tz Join Date: 2007-12-23 Member: 63242Members
    while i find that parasite is op
    i think that meds removing parasite is more op
  • DaxedDaxed Join Date: 2008-03-19 Member: 63905Members
    I could care less what you guys do with parasite.

<b>I HATED MOTION TRACKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</b>

It was terrible, ruined countless games. If a marine can actually aim, motion hacking just makes him god mode. Scanning (which at least requires SOME APM from the commander) is already a good way to reveal aliens in a room you're about to attack.
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    +1 for no medpack healing parasites.
  • ZenoZeno Join Date: 2007-09-05 Member: 62183Members
    +1
    What's the point of parasiting when the marine can call the comm to drop him a medpack asap.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You are all raving about something that is a waste of time.

After a marines is <b>parasited</b> you should be killing that marine within a few seconds - or the Lerk and Skulk next to you should be. Especially if they try to chase you back down a corridor - which they will not. It forces them to retreat because they are on the lower foot.

Also (currently) you are rarely med packing marines early game, there is not enough time. I hope this changes so there is more of a relationship between comm/player, but it still requires a lot of effort to med pack a whole team just because they have parasites.

Do not forget, that aliens have <b>hive sight</b> upgrade and marines have <b>motion tracking</b>. Two separate upgrades that come later on.
  • TwiggehTwiggeh Join Date: 2010-09-24 Member: 74165Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1811452:date=Nov 28 2010, 01:28 PM:name=Zeno)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zeno @ Nov 28 2010, 01:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811452"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->+1
    What's the point of parasiting when the marine can call the comm to drop him a medpack asap.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The medpack still costs resources, so the real affect is that you're draining marine resources for free.

Also it encourages teamwork & communication on marine-side since the player is stuck with the parasite unless he talks with the comm.
    I think I prefer armories rather than medpacks, the point of parasite is presumably to help the skulk track their target, so it should work as long as the skulk is using it, so once the marine gets back to base and is 'safe' so to speak, it should cancel.
  • TwiggehTwiggeh Join Date: 2010-09-24 Member: 74165Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1811460:date=Nov 28 2010, 01:51 PM:name=Chris0132)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chris0132 @ Nov 28 2010, 01:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811460"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think I prefer armories rather than medpacks, the point of parasite is presumably to help the skulk track their target, so it should work as long as the skulk is using it, so once the marine gets back to base and is 'safe' so to speak, it should cancel.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thats way too easy actually, nobody would care to use para if they knew it would get removed within the minute for free.
  • NoArms_NoCookiesNoArms_NoCookies Join Date: 2005-01-10 Member: 34547Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1811420:date=Nov 28 2010, 02:33 AM:name=thecowsaysmoo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thecowsaysmoo @ Nov 28 2010, 02:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811420"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I should have known better I apologive, soemtimes i forget this is the internet. I really just wanted to start a conversation about parasite/Motion tracking.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well ... then you should reconsider your mode of expression. If you carefully reread your thread title and posts (not only in this thread) you might notice your quite agressive style which is absolutly inappropriate for starting a serious discussion.

Perhaps a good advice for all ppl around here ... for the love of UWE and Natural Selection ... be less dramatic about your opinions. The more you choose drastic words ... the less people (and i think UWE too) will listen to you.

On topic:

Perhaps you should consider that in most casees placing a parasite costs you nothing (You don't really die that often while trying to place a parasite, do you?). Dropping a med on the other hand will cost (min. 1) res. Considering that you can parasite the marine again it might become very costly to keep marines clean and not each com is willing to spend these res. Additionally hive sight allows you to spot the marines and warn you teammates even if commanders are medspamming them ...

So ... i think it won't make much of difference, beside the opportunity to remove a parasite from a single marine for sneak mission, provided sneaking is still usefull. (So far Marines can not build any ninja PGs, Sieges, Sentries, ... )
  • ZenoZeno Join Date: 2007-09-05 Member: 62183Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1811455:date=Nov 28 2010, 02:37 PM:name=Twiggeh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Twiggeh @ Nov 28 2010, 02:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811455"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The medpack still costs resources, so the real affect is that you're draining marine resources for free.

Also it encourages teamwork & communication on marine-side since the player is stuck with the parasite unless he talks with the comm.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I almost haven't played version 3.1 but back in my day *couch* the purpose of the parasite was to mark a marine, preferably a HA, for your team so they know where to be careful (esp. the gorges). It was never about resources and imo it shouldn't be.
  • SwampRatSwampRat Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13369Members
    The old scent of fear was a little over powered I think too - but at least it had range limits. It could pick up full health marines I think, rather than just injured ones.

Anyway, as a parasited marine I tended to either stay and help in a base / area that needed defending so it didn't matter, or charge off in a different direction from a main attack (on the basis that at least one alien might follow, and if lucky I'd kill an rt or something). I'd leave it in without a cure - at least not a quick/easy one.

I dislike motion tracking in NS1. If the distance had been limited, it had been less accurate or if you could move and hide behind a doorway etc as a skulk without being painted on the screen (and the entire alien team shown on the minimap) then it might have worked. If it's in having random false-positives could be good, be it from movements in the map, or just the occasional movement from nothing much (a breeze / nanites?).
    edited November 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1811468:date=Nov 28 2010, 01:27 PM:name=Twiggeh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Twiggeh @ Nov 28 2010, 01:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811468"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thats way too easy actually, nobody would care to use para if they knew it would get removed within the minute for free.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Er, why?

By that logic marines won't bother to shoot skulks that are far enough away to escape because they can just go to the nearest crag and heal the damage, or lerks wouldn't bother to spike marines who aren't exposed enough to die instantly because they will just go and heal.

Parasite is not hard to do, it's something skulks can do easily as part of their normal activities of looking for marines and finding ways to get close to them, it can also be very useful in aiding with that because if you parasite a particularly stupid marine, he might try to chase you off, of course you will be able to wallhack him from your hiding spot and pounce as soon as he gets close to you.

Parasite is as useful for getting attention and provoking marines as it is for providing aliens with intel. There's something instinctively annoying about being thwacked in the head with this annoying thing that nibbles at your heatlh and lets aliens know where you are, it compels you to get rid of the skulk doing it, and it would still cost the marines time if they have to keep going back to base because there's a skulk sitting in a vent parasiting them all.

At some point they're going to have to get out of base and deal with the aliens rather than healing every possible injury.
  • sherpasherpa stopcommandermode Join Date: 2006-11-04 Member: 58338Members
    In NS1 I wanted MT to change from a visual to an audio cue, so you'd know when aliens were near-by but it wouldn't show you their exact location(s). Either that or MT only worked for the commander.

Is MT in NS2? I kinda hope it isnt identical to the NS1 upgrade, if it is.

And yea marines should be permanently parasited until death- in any sort of sci-fi human vs alien game/movie the aliens are always sitting waiting in ambush kekeke
  • FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1811488:date=Nov 28 2010, 03:50 PM:name=sherpa)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sherpa @ Nov 28 2010, 03:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811488"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In NS1 I wanted MT to change from a visual to an audio cue, so you'd know when aliens were near-by but it wouldn't show you their exact location(s). Either that or MT only worked for the commander.

Is MT in NS2? I kinda hope it isnt identical to the NS1 upgrade, if it is.

And yea marines should be permanently parasited until death- in any sort of sci-fi human vs alien game/movie the aliens are always sitting waiting in ambush kekeke<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So motion tracking would only be usefull for marines with surround sound, as opposed to stereo?

Also, a parasite sounds like a weak alien, which should not be able to stay alive for to long when latched onto an armor (maybe if it had been civilians, so it got into their bodys, later on bursting trough the stummick ala Alien). So if you ask me, a 5 minute timer makes sense :P.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    the way it worked in NS1 was good i think, removing parasite with medpacks sounds good too i think (we don't know how much they will cost in res yet).

I'm seriously wondering why there are so many trolling threads about stuff that is not in the game yet... seriously
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1811455:date=Nov 28 2010, 02:37 PM:name=Twiggeh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Twiggeh @ Nov 28 2010, 02:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811455"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The medpack still costs resources, so the real affect is that you're draining marine resources for free.

Also it encourages teamwork & communication on marine-side since the player is stuck with the parasite unless he talks with the comm.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

UWE will probably add some kind of info for the commander, which marines are parasited; or some lua mod will, because this really comes in handy.

If medpacks will remove parasites, it just becomes a hitscan spore weapon for the skulk, with the only purpose of draining marine res and softening marines. That's the role of the lerk, maybe even more know with spikes!

If something can remove parasite at all, it should be something rarely available on the field.