Natural Selection 2 News Update - NS2 Build 156 released

123457»

Comments

• 3133731337 Join Date: 2010-07-24 Member: 72759Members
    I´m trying to force myself to install this crap again, please help.
  • resresresresresres Join Date: 2007-10-16 Member: 62652Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1810162:date=Nov 25 2010, 11:25 AM:name=Solitario)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Solitario @ Nov 25 2010, 11:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1810162"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Great Patch, no doubt, but PLEASE keep focusing on the Performance and FPS issues. Gameplay is imho secondary!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Agreed, if you can't see or move or interact smoothly, the deeper aspects of gameplay will not be evident;

I do get that these are two different divisions of the development crew, but they are interconnected, and
    a synergy of both, at a level of quality (that people expect, as well as what UWE expects) means
    NS2 will be a great game (when its 'done'*)

*It won't ever really be done, it will continue to evolve, but a very playable edition without many major issues - connection,
    fps, performance, server crashes - will ultimately prove its success. The learning curve for the first-person elements has
    been greatly reduced - this is great news for the future also.
  • ZestSoapZestSoap Join Date: 2010-06-18 Member: 72091Members
    cant wait for beta build 157
  • WalhallaWalhalla Join Date: 2005-03-05 Member: 43506Members
    First, sorry for my bad english.

Now after the last patch NS2 is reale playable. And it´s not bad :)
    I feel a breeze of the old feeling :)

But there is a lot of work to do befor you can release the game.

After the first rounds, i have two big problem.

1. The Map rockdown is very bad for mariens.
    We lose all rounds 10 sek. after beginn. The Ailien rush is so fast, there is no chance
    to build Ammory or spawnpoints. If you have luck and you are the first marine on the map
    you can jump into the Command Station but thats all. The Map is too small!!!

2. Too much Buildings, just laggs.
    Hydras, i like this small fu... plant´s if i play Alien :)
    But if the aliens build too much of tham, the game is so laggy that you can´t move.
  • BitPonBitPon Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75104Members
    "The Map rockdown is very bad for mariens."

I don't belive this map is meant to be a "real" map. It's only meant to test the engine out.
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    1. Rockdown is a engine testmap, not an official - ns2 wont be balanced for small maps like rockdown. (tram is the only official)
    2. Still a lot to optimize, thats why rockdown went from testing only into a playable map - performance is better on this map - balance not so much.
  • PlasmaPlasma Join Date: 2003-04-26 Member: 15855Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Junction plays pretty well gameplay wise.
  • KarbaKarba Join Date: 2006-09-23 Member: 58040Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Gold
    <!--quoteo(post=1810162:date=Nov 25 2010, 04:25 AM:name=Solitario)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Solitario @ Nov 25 2010, 04:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1810162"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Great Patch, no doubt, but PLEASE keep focusing on the Performance and FPS issues. Gameplay is imho secondary!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think they are well aware that the main problem with ns2 right now is the engine performance and lag issues, all the rest ( maps, models,textures,art....) have professional quality and people don't complaint about it.
  • intellixintellix Join Date: 2008-03-24 Member: 63950Members
    I'd also second the engine performance and lag issues as being the main concern... I sort of want a bit more of the game but I guess theres no point if it doesn't run 100% perfect :)
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Still having lots of problems with commander UI buttons not working. Sometimes you click them and nothing happens, try again 3 seconds later and they work o.O

And the select inactive drifter icon is unpredictable too.
    I am getting timeout errors on online (not LAN) servers: It's happened now on 5 different servers.
    I can't even join a side in some cases before it times out.

ping 90 to 140, players 0 to 5 of 8 to 12;
    I do get the error message on screen "Connection problems detected" - console shows no feedback that I can use to report.
    This happens on 11 out of 12 servers now :\
  • MelancorMelancor Join Date: 2003-12-15 Member: 24415Members
    edited November 2010
    The nade launcher deals too much damage.
    Hydras cause performance problems.
    Cursor disappears when I spawn while having a game menu window open, which requires a game restart. What were you thinking ;)
    WHERE IS THE SLIME? I WANT TO SEE THE SLIME!

Great fxxxing work so far, guys. You're gonna make buy a new Vcard.
    <!--quoteo(post=1811539:date=Nov 29 2010, 02:19 AM:name=Melancor)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Melancor @ Nov 29 2010, 02:19 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1811539"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->WHERE IS THE SLIME? I WANT TO SEE THE SLIME!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2e2xpbx" target="_blank">http://tinyurl.com/2e2xpbx</a>
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Will it be possible for the devs to fix the lag created when lots of structures are built in a map? Or will they have to limit the number which can be built? :(

Is DI likely to cause lag?? (in fact, do we have any information about DI besides that really old video?)
  • WalhallaWalhalla Join Date: 2005-03-05 Member: 43506Members
    Just in the moment, i can´t play. They are just 2 or 3 Server with Players an if there player on the server it´s so laggy that you can´t move one steep

But return to Report.

- Sounds are still buggy, somtime´s i have no sounds, sometime i have the Gunsoundbug again.
    - Is it right that we have no sound if the mariens are running or walk?
    - Turrents, need too long to realign
    - Waypoints from the Mac doesn´t woke sometime