Flame Suit

ArcL!ghtArcL!ght Join Date: 2007-11-27 Member: 63031Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
edited December 2007 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">marine way of removing the DI</div>As the topic states FS.

We all presume that flamethrower will be included in game, and as such it's supposed to be able to remove DI.
In my opinion it would be a bit overpowered if you could spam flamers to remove some area of DI so I was thinking more of a special role. I dont think it would be a problem to build suit with flamer on right and left hand where primary fire would fire left arm, 2ndary right arm. It would act as half HA so it would have 100hp/90a, 100/110, 100/130 and at lvl 3 armor 100/150 stats. As HA it would have to have built in breething system due tu fire fumes and DI fumes, but it would have it's limitations since you could only have Flamers without secondary weapon or knife, but you could but aliens with your hands (if possible).

P.S. It would require proto lab for it with some short and uncostly research (example 10 res, 1 minute)

Copied from the mech thread

I think if it was going to use weapons (aka not maintenace mech) I guess a flamethrower would be a better choice and perhaps make it a suit like in Exo-squad to protect the user from the toxic fumes --> Unlike TF2 pyro with a simple flamethrower, this mech would have a chemical warfare flamethrower or something, which needs a very heavy armor type for protection (hence the mech)*. It would however be an E-frame then

Comments

• locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    I think it's impossible to tell whether they would be overpowered against DI without knowing the growth rate of DI. If DI grows fast, at say more than half the speed of the DI video, than marines will need to the ability to clear DI quickly.
  • ArcL!ghtArcL!ght Join Date: 2007-11-27 Member: 63031Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1663969:date=Dec 14 2007, 04:54 PM:name=locallyunscene)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(locallyunscene @ Dec 14 2007, 04:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1663969"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think it's impossible to tell whether they would be overpowered against DI without knowing the growth rate of DI. If DI grows fast, at say more than half the speed of the DI video, than marines will need to the ability to clear DI quickly.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's true. But wouldnt DI have it's radius or it would just keep spreading? But dont know what the majority thinks but I would find it more usefull and it would give it more teamplay factor to have 1 marine in specialy designed suit clearing DI while others cover him.
  • ArcL!ghtArcL!ght Join Date: 2007-11-27 Member: 63031Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    Probably noone is taking me seriously but it would look like less armored version of firebat in starcraft.
  • CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Join Date: 2003-02-07 Member: 13249Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1664069:date=Dec 15 2007, 03:52 AM:name=ArcL!ght)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ArcL!ght @ Dec 15 2007, 03:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1664069"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Probably noone is taking me seriously but it would look like less armored version of firebat in starcraft.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Huh, I am taking it seriously. So, IMHO, any kind of marine armor that specializes towards gamer's play styles in the way to go. A special armor for those who love to use the flame thrower? Heck ya!

Though the specifics may be vague at this point, so I don't know to agree or disagree with the finer points of of the original post, I do support the idea in general.

Keep in mind, I also want to be able to tailor a marine towards "engineer" armor, "medic" armor, "ninja" armor... and so on, for any kind of team based role one can come up with.