TWG XV: Redemption

123457»

Comments

• PlanetkillerPlanetkiller Join Date: 2003-06-05 Member: 17028Members
    hmm... either is of course a reasonable target, but in effect, your seer ability (if it exists) has no purpose now. The game will be over by the time you could use it again, so it's really a toss up between which of the three of you should die. I find you most suspicious of the three, therefore, you were picked. If you can give me any reason to change that assumption, please go ahead.
  • XentorXentor Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5877Members
    Alright, let me see if I can put the pieces together...

Day Three:

* Fenix claims to be in a 3-man network which includes the Odd Seer. Asks to be contacted by the Even Seer.
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?s=7498588502901218304&showtopic=102182&view=findpost&p=1642884" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index....t&p=1642884</a>

(I assume this network was comprised of Fenix, PK, and the unnamed seer)

Day Four:

* Fenix claims to have been contacted by two even seers.
    * Even #1 accused E_Lost
    * Even #2 (E_Lost) accused #1 and someone else, who I'll just term Mr. X (Because it's funny)
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?s=7498588502901218304&showtopic=102182&view=findpost&p=1643220" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index....t&p=1643220</a>

As far as I understand it, Comprox is "Even #1", right? Unless the wolves lynched one of their own, we can assume E_Lost was probably human...

But this doesn't make sense:
    <!--quoteo(post=1643905:date=Aug 15 2007, 10:25 AM:name=TheFeniX)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheFeniX @ Aug 15 2007, 10:25 AM) [snapback]1643905[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    <b>Comprox</b>

For the record:
    If E_Lost was a wolf, when he implicated two people, the wolves should have known who the odd seer was. I gave out theslan's name and the wolves would have known the second name (because they chose the names), and since I said the 2nd name was the seer. Comprox should be dead by now.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why would the wolves know the odd seer? You gave out Theslan's name... In response to what? What's the context for all of this?

And further...

<!--quoteo(post=1643923:date=Aug 15 2007, 12:29 PM:name=Planetkiller)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Planetkiller @ Aug 15 2007, 12:29 PM) [snapback]1643923[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    It either ends tonight or tomorrow. If Comprox is innocent, theres only Ana or Thansal that could be guilty. Since it's an odd night, it'll all be over then.

I think it'll end tonight though.

This implies the odd seer is still alive. Well, I know it's not me, and since you're considering Comprox, Ana, and Thansal all to be possible wolves, that leaves you two... PK and Fenix. Are one of you the odd seer? I assumed your 3-man network (See post #124) was PK, Fenix, and the odd seer. Who was the third, then?

Right now, there are six people here... Obviously PK and Fenix are networked, and Thansal was quick to go along with it, even though his post makes little sense. If PK and Fenix are the last two wolves (I think if was three, we'd have lost already), they just need one more human to get lynched to win, so yes, as PK said, "...it'll end tonight..."

Don't think I'm on your side either, Comprox... That little conversation last night... You tried to figure out who I suspected, and I mentioned semipsychotic as my primary suspect. Maybe you were trying to figure out who was the most dangerous. Maybe you were trying to figure out who would be easiest to turn, and semipsychotic mentioned your name.

So let's hear this... PK? Fenix? I want some answers.
    Elost named Theslan and Comprox as wolves. Thus, since we killed theslan, if ELost was a wolf (very unlikely), they would have known that the other player ELost named (namely Comprox) was the even seer, and would thus have killed him, which didn't happen.

semi was our third, sadly.

also, another note: it would actually be left to chance tomorrow, if fenix and I were wolves, so it would not end tonight. I believe there is one wolf left, and that the most likely is comprox, but it could just as easily be Thansal or Ana.
    Actually, it would go something like this....

4 humans, 2 wolves... Human lynched
    3 humans, 2 wolves... Human wolfed
    2 humans, 2 wolves... Wolf lynched (Random)
    2 humans, 1 wolf... Human wolfed
    1 human, 1 wolf

And I think when it's one-on-one, it goes to the wolves. Of course, it's never gone that far.

But anyway, your logic makes some sense... Right now, I'm leaning toward putting my vote on Comprox. I'll hold off, though, in case someone else has something to say.
    Ah, you could be right there, I didn't consider that. BTW, why won't you talk on IRC?
  • EMP_DemonEMP_Demon Nothing to see here. Join Date: 2005-01-28 Member: 38754Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1643950:date=Aug 15 2007, 01:21 PM:name=Xentor)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xentor @ Aug 15 2007, 01:21 PM) [snapback]1643950[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    Actually, it would go something like this....

4 humans, 2 wolves... Human lynched
    3 humans, 2 wolves... Human wolfed
    <b>2v2, wolves win right here</b>

Wolves win when their number >= human number. 2v2 would be a wolf win.
    <!--quoteo(post=1643952:date=Aug 15 2007, 02:27 PM:name=Planetkiller)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Planetkiller @ Aug 15 2007, 02:27 PM) [snapback]1643952[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    Ah, you could be right there, I didn't consider that. BTW, why won't you talk on IRC?

I'm at work. My computer is just idling at home... I won't be able to chat on IRC until I get home, probably around 6:30pm EST (About 4 hours from now)
    Ah, that would explain things
  • TheFeniXTheFeniX Join Date: 2007-07-12 Member: 61569Members
    Ok, here's the deal from my perspective:
    I was contacted by PKer night 3 (I think) saying that I had been seered due to my general distrust of semi-psychotic (which proved my idea that they were in league).

From this we had a three man network (Me, semi, and PKer).

I then put out my request for the even seer which brought Comprox out of the wood-works without him even seering me. I used him to the seer E_Lost, who he said was a wolf.

Not 8 hours later, E_Lost PMed me:
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I am taking a big risk with this pm, but I am almost certain that you are human (should have read your post before I pmed emp, i just looked at the last post then pmed, and he responded before I got to your post. btw if you want attention to someone skipping over, use big red letters), then and before I could tell you in irc, you left.

I am the even seer.

Theslan is a wolf or the odd seer ( I seered him on night 2, I figured that for the lengths you were taking, you must have been a human ). I really hope that he is in fact the odd seer, and that links us both together.

Comprox is a wolf or the odd seer, I just seered him, so if Theslan is in fact the odd seer, then he must be a wolf.

I would send you a copy of the pms if the game allowed me to do that( all host comunations are private, and such ), but I can't. So you have just my word to go on.

I do not expect to be on for quite a while tomorrow, otherwise I would talk to you directly and answer any questions you have.

However once I am on, we can talk.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

E_Lost was then wolfed the next night. We had assumed he was a wolf taking a dive because he was inactive. But now, if he was a wolf and after my post:
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->After that, I was contacted by E_lost. E_Lost ALSO claimed to be the even seer. In his message, he called out two players (I assume random, if he was lying) as wolves/seers. Now, the interesting part is: he called out the FIRST player who came to me claiming to be the even seer.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If E_Lost was a wolf: the wolves should have known who the even seer was (Comprox) and killed him as there is no good reason for him to be guarded (unless the guardian knows something we don't.)

Now, the wolves have finally started picking off our network. The only thing going for Comprox is that there'd have to be some big mix-up for them to off E_lost after pegging him as a wolf. But this could either be because of a mix-up in wolf comms, or that they thought they could take the risk.

Either way, we cannot trust <b>Comprox</b> at this point and his usefulness is limited anyways, due to this game probably being over before he could seer anyone else.

Ana is AFK non-stop.
    Xentor has had nothing come up to disprove his story about being guarded. Comprox called him human, but he'd HAVE to, as he knows as well as I do that Xentor has a alot going for him being human.
    Thansal has done nothing but help out the seer network from the start and with his voting log. If he turns out to be a wolf, I will congratulate him on a superb job this game.
  • AnaAna Join Date: 2007-02-19 Member: 60027Members
  • EMP_DemonEMP_Demon Nothing to see here. Join Date: 2005-01-28 Member: 38754Members, Constellation
    edited August 2007
    <b><i><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->It is now Night Seven: No Posting!<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b></i>

==================================================

<b><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Comprox</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> died.

Instalynch = no story yet, will combine with Day Seven.

We're in the home stretch...

<b><u>Surviving Players</b></u>
    1. Thansal
    2. TheFeniX
    3. Xentor
    4. Ana
    5. Planetkiller

Wolves, odd seer, and guardian (if alive) should PM me, and the psychic (if alive) will receive their PM shortly.

Night Seven will end Thursday, August 16th, at 6 PM EST.
    Tensions were high on board the <i>Sucirion</i>, as the six of them knew that one of them was responsible for all of this. <b><!--coloro:#FFFF33--><span style="color:#FFFF33"><!--/coloro-->Zat</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> had no reason to give them the airship, fix their way home, but kill them in the process.

Therefore, it was no surprise when <b>Planetkiller</b> caught <b>Comprox</b> standing by the airship's control panel, just after semipsychotic got thrown overboard.

"I knew you were behind this." The wizard looked at the spy, an accusing glare in his eye.

"Behind what? I'm just ridding us of one of our traitors." <b>Comprox</b> said, a smirk on his face. Then, all of a sudden, <b>Comprox</b> whipped out his handgun, and fired repeatedly toward <b>Planetkiller</b>...

...Only to have the bullets bounce off <b>Planetkiller</b>'s ever-so-useful <i>Projectile Protection</i>.

"Shouldn't have done that," <b>Planetkiller</b> mocked, "Now you'll have to pay for the deaths you've caused." With that, the wizard launched a bolt of lightning at <b>Comprox</b>, leaving him little time to dodge...

Meanwhile, while <b>Xentor</b> was sulking elsewhere, <b>Ana</b> was talking to <b>TheFeniX</b> in her quarters.

"<b>TheFeniX</b>..." <b>Ana</b> wasn't sure how to start what she was going to say.

"Yes?" <b>TheFeniX</b> wondered why the girl in front of him had called him in. She said she had to talk to him, but about what?

"I... I lied about what I was doing before I got to this world..." <b>TheFeniX</b> looked shocked, but let her continue...

<b><!--coloro:#FFFF33--><span style="color:#FFFF33"><!--/coloro-->Zat</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> was working in the main magic core, working on the power supply to the dimensional jump generator. The main core was protected by a radiation shield, allowing <b><!--coloro:#FFFF33--><span style="color:#FFFF33"><!--/coloro-->Zat</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> to work in there without dying painfully. The man only needed a few more minutes before the generator would be working perfectly...

<b>Comprox</b> quickly rolled to the side, ducking behind a console. However, <b>Planetkiller</b> was not one to be stopped by obstacles, and launched seeking fireballs which flew above the console, then nose-dived into <b>Comprox</b>. Burned and sent flying into a wall, <b>Planetkiller</b> repeated his lightning bolt, which struck <b><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Comprox</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> dead.

<b>Planetkiller</b> breathed a sigh of relieve, when he heard the door open behind him. Turning to the door, he could see <b>Thansal</b>, staring at the wall where Comprox's body laid.

"I had no choice, he tried to attack me, and..." <b>Planetkiller</b> started, but <b>Thansal</b> cut him off.

"It's fine, I actually came up here to do just that." <b>Thansal</b> walked over to the body, examining the destruction the wizard caused.

"You... you did?" <b>Planetkiller</b> was shocked, how could <b>Thansal</b> know that Comprox was responsible for semipsychotic's death?

"Of course... he <i>was</i> the only one that figured out that I can change at will, not just around the full moon..." <b>Thansal</b> turned to <b>Planetkiller</b> with an evil smile on his face, "Of course, you're no threat, now that you've depleted your energy..."

<b>Thansal</b> leaped at <b>Planetkiller</b>, transforming in midair. The wizard quickly found himself with a werewolf weighing him down. <b>Planetkiller</b> tried to cast a spell, but was quickly stopped with a bite to the throat...

<b>Thansal</b> got off <b>Planetkiller</b>'s body, turning back to his human form. He sat there and watched as <b><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Planetkiller</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> slowly suffocated.

Once that was done, he went to go find <b>Ana</b>...

<b>TheFeniX</b> listened as <b>Ana</b> told him the story of what she was doing on board the <i>Insurrection Omega</i>, her role as a spy, and what she had to do...

"Wow, so despite the fact that you were forced into being a spy for this Dark Lord you talked about, you were being attacked from both sides..." <b>TheFeniX</b> summarized. <b>Ana</b> nodded, looking like she was about to cry. She got up and walked over to a dresser, opening up a drawer and looking for something...

"I... I need to find out what happened to <b><!--coloro:#FFFF33--><span style="color:#FFFF33"><!--/coloro-->Gwahir<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></b>... Finish what he started..." <b>Ana</b> said, in short spurts. <b>TheFeniX</b> got up, walking towards <b>Ana</b>, trying to think of something to say...

...When <b>Ana</b> turned, and silently launched a <i>Beta Fire</i> right into <b>TheFeniX</b>'s face. <b>TheFeniX</b> was in serious pain. He tried to change forms to relieve the injury, but found that he couldn't. What he didn't realize was that <b>Ana</b> had used a <i>Form Lock</i> spell on him right after he entered, keeping him from changing form...

"Why?" <b>TheFeniX</b> sputtered out.

"Why? Because we need this ship. I, and all the others, who have unfinished business in our worlds. Which... I guess now... is just <b>Thansal</b>..." <b>Ana</b> shook off the despair, and grabbed the sword that was hidden in her drawer - the same one she used to kill both that one soldier on the <i>I/O</i>, and more recently, Isamil.

With a quick plunge, <b><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->TheFeniX</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> was no more. <b>Ana</b> was shaken, and jumped when she heard clapping at the door, coming from <b>Thansal</b>.

"Finished, are we?" Seeing <b>Ana</b> nod, <b>Thansal</b> continued, "Then let's put that skulk out of his misery. I'm going to head to the bridge to track them, you check on that old man, see if we need to delay any longer before finishing him off as well."

<b>Ana</b> nodded, and went to the main magic core, feeling that she knew exactly where <b>Xentor</b> was...

<b>Xentor</b>, however, was actually in the vents above the bridge when he saw Planetkiller kill off Comprox, only to be mutilated by <b>Thansal</b>. He could think of only one person who could help, the only person on this ship who knew more about it than anyone else...

The skulk rushed into the magic core and began to growl at <b><!--coloro:#FFFF33--><span style="color:#FFFF33"><!--/coloro-->Zat</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->, trying to warn him what was happening. However, because he was no longer able to speak English, <b><!--coloro:#FFFF33--><span style="color:#FFFF33"><!--/coloro-->Zat</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> gravely misunderstood him.

"Calm down, boy, I just finished the generator. We can get you guys home in no time!" <b>Xentor</b> was wide-eyed at the man's enthusiasm. <b><!--coloro:#FFFF33--><span style="color:#FFFF33"><!--/coloro-->Zat</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> obviously couldn't tell what danger the two of them were in...

<b>Ana</b>, however, was just outside the main core's module. She was about to go in, but she had taken a different path, and just barely avoided being seen by <b>Xentor</b>. Listening to their conversation, she knew exactly what needed to be done. Looking at the one door to the module, she quickly flipped the switch to close it. Then, seeing her chance, she used a nearby wall panel to communicate to the bridge. "<b>Thansal</b>!"

"Yes, <b>Ana</b>?" "I've locked both <b><!--coloro:#FFFF33--><span style="color:#FFFF33"><!--/coloro-->Zat</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> and the skulk in the engine room. Is there anything you can do?

She was treated to a moment of silence as <b>Thansal</b> came up with the perfect plan. "Yes... I believe there is. Keep them from leaving, I know exactly what to do..." "Gotcha." <b>Ana</b> held the door shut with her magic...

"Warning. Radiation shield compromised. Evacuate section or risk permanent damge." The computerized voice around the main magic core brought both <b><!--coloro:#FFFF33--><span style="color:#FFFF33"><!--/coloro-->Zat</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> and <b>Xentor</b> to their senses. They both moved for the door, but they seemed to be unable to open it.

Frustrated, <b><!--coloro:#FFFF33--><span style="color:#FFFF33"><!--/coloro-->Zat</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> radioed the bridge from the inside. "What the hell is going on?"

"Oh, didn't you get the memo?" <b>Thansal</b>'s voice was smug as he heard the old man yell at him, "We've taken control. <b>Ana</b> and I are going to use this to finish up what needs to be finished."

"You're out of your mind! The others will stop you easily!" <b><!--coloro:#FFFF33--><span style="color:#FFFF33"><!--/coloro-->Zat</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> was indignant. He couldn't believe that they had been corrupted so easily.

"The... <i>others</i>, as you call them, are all dead. You were so busy working you didn't notice that our number decreased from twelve to four. And soon, it will be two."

<b><!--coloro:#FFFF33--><span style="color:#FFFF33"><!--/coloro-->Zat</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> could feel the radiation poisoning start. Paralyzed by a scream of pain, he collapsed to the ground, writhing in agony.

"I imagine by that scream that the radiation is starting to eat away at you. Don't worry, I'll let the shield back up... once you're both dead, of course." <b>Thansal</b> let out a maniacal laugh as the old man and <b>Xentor</b> both felt an intense pain. Soon, however, they lapsed into unconsciousness. Not much later, both <b><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Xentor</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> and <b><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Zat</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> were dead on the floor of the main core module.

Meanwhile, on the bridge, <b>Ana</b> and <b>Thansal</b> programmed the dimensional jump generator to bring them to <b>Ana</b>'s world, where it was time to finish what she had started...

And thus began the story of the Dark Queen <b>Ana</b> and the Werewolf Overlord <b>Thansal</b>. The reign of terror they created would haunt many worlds for ages...

2 wolves, 3 humans, and no way to prevent the inevitable human death.

Good game, <b><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->wolves win</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->.