From my experiences this game is a fucking mess.

socialdemocratsocialdemocrat NEw Jersey, United States Join Date: 2016-03-20 Member: 214611Members
This is garbage.

The game crashes all the time. At least every four minutes.

Even if it does not (although it has never not) the game is stuck at 1024x768, which looks like 2004. I exceed all the recommended requirements, the game supports 1080p, but I can't use it for whatever reason. And for the four minutes I play this, it maintains 60 fps but still gets constant stutters. Well how can I mend this shit?

Comments

• Demolisher05Demolisher05 USA Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215482Members
    The game is still in early access. On top of that there was just an update recently. That could be causing a lot of your issues, or have you been having these issues for a while now? I heard that some graphic card brands are having trouble with Subnautica. Can't remember which one it was though.
  • socialdemocratsocialdemocrat NEw Jersey, United States Join Date: 2016-03-20 Member: 214611Members
    Intel Core i3-4150 3.5 Ghz, ASUS gtx 960 2gb, 8 gb ram, windows 8.1 64x.

All my drivers are up to date.
    My virtual memory works.

How do I create a shortcut, I couldn't do it under the directions, I only got the option to make a new folder. And I could not find a folder for reliability history. I can't try option 5 because don't have a reliability history folder, unless there is another name it could be under.

http://pastebin.com/JCMjHJfN

This is the dxdiag system and display information

http://pastebin.com/b4ViV6a1

Everything from output log file

• TotalologistTotalologist Norwich, UK. Join Date: 2016-04-05 Member: 215379Members
    I have 80 or so hours under my belt now. Not suffered a single crash, playing in 1920x1080 with second monitor capturing. The problem may be your end. Check your graphics card, check drivers etc. Stutter is normal on first loading for maybe 10-20 seconds but should subside to smooth gameplay.

I see from your logs you have the gtx 960, I have exactly the same card so can confirm the drivers for that are fully functional for this game.

If a game crashes here and there it may be badly optimised, if a game is crashing every 5 minutes and no one else seems to have that issue, it's almost certainly your setup. A quick service of your pc may reveal an underlying configuration issue.

Either way, swearing to the devs about it isn't going to help.
  • DracobombaDracobomba Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215502Members
    It's possible you may be experiencing the same issues as me. You might like to look at my crashing problems here: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/141562/frequent-repeated-crashing#latest
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    This is garbage.
    First of all you must to learn how to behave yourself and try to use more accurate words in your lexicon. After that your 'introducing' of youeself not too many people here were want to help you with your problem.
    When you first time come to somewhere as a guest in unfamiliar house you keep the same line of behavior too? I think the owners of that house just push you out down the stairs.
    Everybody chatting here with respect to each other.
    Sorry, but i think you unwelcome here after all...
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    This is garbage.
    First of all you must to learn how to behave yourself and try to use more accurate words in your lexicon. After that your 'introducing' of youeself not too many people here were want to help you with your problem.
    When you first time come to somewhere as a guest in unfamiliar house you keep the same line of behavior too? I think the owners of that house just push you out down the stairs.
    Everybody chatting here with respect to each other.
    Sorry, but i think you unwelcome here after all...

Exactly, if I were to complain about this game I'd say something along the lines of :trollface:

This game is all wet...
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    Yes, in game too many bugs, but we all respect the work of devs and don't use this 'f--n' epithets
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I think the point of correcting the OP has been laboured now. One of the devs has reprimanded him and the rest of us should leave it at that, rather than continuing to have digs at the OP. Let the topic get back on topic.
  • socialdemocratsocialdemocrat NEw Jersey, United States Join Date: 2016-03-20 Member: 214611Members
    I have tried twice before to get help, it seems "swearing" gets reasonable attention. I bought the game, it barely works, I am plenty fucking welcome here. And its not just crashes.

IT is extremely persistent stutters, crashes, and the game does not even allow me to get into 1080p.

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2016
    and the game does not even allow me to get into 1080p.

DXdiag, current display mode: 1024x768 (32 bit) (60 hz)

Output file, desktop: 1024x768 60Hz; virtual: 1024x768 at 0,0

Seems like you've got your windows desktop set at that low res?

And about the swearing... That is not going to be tolerated here, we tend to help out people in any case cause that is how most of us here are in this here community. In fact swearing might actually get you no help at all from the community members... Devs are busy, so that community response can be quicker...
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    edited April 2016
    4. To make a Shortcut on your Desktop to "Reliability History":

1. Right-click the Desktop
    2. When the right-click menu appears, move your mouse over New.
    3. Another menu will appear; select Shortcut.
    4. When the new shortcut dialog appears, type "C:\Windows\System32\perfmon.exe /rel" without the quotes.
    5. Click Next, and name the shortcut "Reliability History."

A new nvidia driver has been released - 364.72 - grab that and install it.

Change your Desktop Resolution to 1920x1080 via Windows Display Settings.
    When I ask for assisstance without swearing, no attention, but... when I swear, I get help... multiple times, seemed to work for me. I know why the res is 768p, its because of the adapter I have for the gtx 960, but all games either still allow me to switch out of that native resolution or I just have to edit the .ini file, this game does not have either options however.

And I was able to get the shortcut, thanks.

The program Subnautica.exe version 5.3.4.40841 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
    Process ID: c2c
    Start Time: 01d191d920d0c173
    Termination Time: 302
    Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica.exe
    Report Id: 8d008f53-fdcc-11e5-8291-90489a72de4a
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Here is the crash information, but no extraction ID, this is most recent.

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica\Subnautica32.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Subnautica32.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 55576ace
    Fault Module Name: Subnautica32.exe
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 55576ace
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00001031
    OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 5861
    Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
    Additional Information 3: 1318
    Additional Information 4: 13181ae637ac2592fac0ca2dd662cdcc

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 41ea777484ca7575c5f6da45d04bf1ae (74245161945)

This is from 9 AM today, I do get the extraction code here.

edited April 2016
    Exception Code c0000005 is "Access Violation"; this is what happened to me when my Subnautica crashed (I'd gone to my observatory, sat in the chair and was looking at my Cyclops and the Creepvine Forest in the background). Basically, Subnautica takes ALL your RAM and eats it for brekky, lunch, and tea/dinner; then when it tries to gobble more - the System Memory***, that is, memory reserved for Windows itself - Windows says "NOPE, you're trying to gobble memory you aren't allowed to!" then CRASH.

Follow this guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=403087864 to send your Subnautica Logs to the Developers; they might push out a fix. They did for me, near-immediately. Don't give up; if we keep banging away at this we'll get it working...

*** Windows 7, 8, 10 "sandbox" each program in its own separate portion of your Computer's entire 8GB of RAM; there's 'areas' of memory strictly for the OS and its processes, then there's 'areas' reserved for programs. Windows eats up - caches - as much of your RAM as possible; this means things in windows will happen faster, take less time to load, because windows 'holds' much of itself in RAM. When you run a game such as Subnautica, windows 'releases' memory to the program as needed--TO A POINT. Subnautica has been gobbling up the RAM Windows released to it; then it's tried to gobble the RAM reserved for Windows itself--NOPE. Windows won't allow that so - with no option - Subnautica crashes.

More on Access Violations
    When I ask for assisstance without swearing, no attention, but... when I swear, I get help... multiple times, seemed to work for me.

not nice to know that there are people reduced to swearing just to stand out from other. stupid opinion
    If I buy a game, that barely works, I want to get fucking help for that problem, only naturally.
    If I buy a game, that barely works, I want to get **** help for that problem, only naturally.

Absolutely; that's why we have this forum. Now, as I said a post back: get your Subnautica Logs to the Devs and they'll more than likely push out a fix if they can. Follow the guide on the steam forums I linked to, and send those logs; it's the only way the Devs are going to really know "hey, something's not working like it should; we'd better fix it pronto!"
    edited April 2016
    when u buy THIS game did u see that words about EARLY ACCESS? Developers already warn you about posibility of bugs. When you buy this game you have argeement with the risk of posibility of getting bug. Why for now you to kick up a fuss? Be patient as an others. Not too many early access game exist where Devs to react so quick on a new bugs as here. So stop to make a scandal. Or u think we all here just stealing this game and no spend our money on it? We here not just playing in 'early' game, we've try to help developers for bug's searching. If you want to play in 'completely formed' game - then come here again after a few month later after the game release...

and your style of conversation remind me those old phrase: 'f--k you, you f--king f--k' - here we can see how with only two words make an expression of a thought. But normal people don't talk like that
    I did send the logs, thanks for the help.

SO because the game is in early access, I should not post since everyone else other people have problems and bought the game as well. As I said, I don't get an fps drop every hour the game crashes... constantly, I get persistent stutters, and I can't even play at the resolution of my choice.
    edited April 2016
    Wow!! You can talk as a normal people! thanks for Gods!
    And for now you can await that people here to WANT help you. Nice to see that you is normal but not a freak.

In others topics i saw a same problems as you have try to use searching by words on forum. Do you have a posibility to install on your PC ServicePack for WIndows? I don't like a Win8 and still using Win7 its working a little correctly. Try to upgrade or degrade support programms (DirX, C++, ...) and try to check your RAM with some testing tools - maybe here a problem with read/write in some bank? who knows..
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    ...I get persistent stutters...

Same. It does annoy me, but I read a little while ago that the reason for this is that the game has not been optimised but it is something the devs will address nearer the time of official release. At the moment I believe they are concentrating more on content than performance. Now that I know it's not my laptop ...

Chassis & Display Vortex Series: 15.6" AUO Matte 95% Gamut Widescreen (1920x1080)
    Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Extreme i7-3940XM (3.00GHz) 8MB
    Memory (RAM) 32GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (4 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680M - 4.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
    Memory - Hard Disk 750GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD7500BPKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)

... I'm much happier. I still get frustrated with the regular stutters but I know it's going to be addressed at some point, so I am happy. :)
  • AegilAegil Perth, Australia Join Date: 2016-03-26 Member: 214833Members
    When I ask for assisstance without swearing, no attention, but... when I swear, I get help...
    1. All of your posts (at this time) have been made in this thread.
    2. the one post before where you did not swear.
    3. The posts where people offered help and advice after that post and before your statement. here and here.

While I appreciate that frustration can lead to hyperbole, you have been asked several times to calm down and let us help you, rather than hurl abuse and generally act like a child because an early access game is giving you issues. Nobody is claiming that you do not have the right to assistance in getting this game to work for you, but please respect that everyone here, player and developer alike, has the right to not have to deal with abusive behavior.

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    When I ask for assisstance without swearing, no attention, but... when I swear, I get help... multiple times, seemed to work for me.

Swearing will actually make Devs less likely to help you. We want our community to be friendly and inclusive, not aggressive. We have very limited time to reply to forum posts, as we need to keep working on the game.

Couple thing you can try:

1) Right click on Subnautica.exe & Run Subnautica as an administrator

3ekYRsG.jpg

2) rename the Subnautica32.exe temporarily to something else like this:

vob7DXc.jpg

Then run the game again as Administrator. Let us know what happens.
  • ShiruxriuShiruxriu Seattle Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216065Members
    Greetings, being new to the forum, I wanted to offer some more technology based information. I understand you are having issues with the game crashing and stuttering. While this is a forum for subnautica I would like to ask you to attempt to play another game, then tell us the results, if you could do that I would be appreciative because I have a hunch that your problem is hardware based. If you could do that and report your findings that would be awesome. Thank you socialdemocrat.
    Heh for a moment there I was totally convinced you were a spambot there @Shiruxriu, well played :D
    before that i think this topic was covered by dust (as his author)
    no?
  • ShiruxriuShiruxriu Seattle Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216065Members
    If this is resolved then that would be awesome and the thread should be closed to commenting but I am curious if it really has been solved, besides I noticed something about this thread that was bothering me, particularly that all fixes were software based, as far as this problem sounds, I don't think it's the game. That is why I posted a comment. Because I sincerely believe that as a technician socialdemocrat's problem does not stem from the game but a much more serious problem. Until they respond though, it'll be impossible for me to judge whether my conclusion has any validity.
  • andrewwayandrewway Adelaide, SA Join Date: 2016-03-19 Member: 214482Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Couple thing you can try:

1) Right click on Subnautica.exe & Run Subnautica as an administrator

3ekYRsG.jpg

2) rename the Subnautica32.exe temporarily to something else like this:

vob7DXc.jpg

Then run the game again as Administrator. Let us know what happens.

I'll give this a go next chance I get and report back. I'm having similar "access denied" messages with my nVidia...
  • andrewwayandrewway Adelaide, SA Join Date: 2016-03-19 Member: 214482Members
    Ok, tried the steps above after receiving an update to the nVidia driver this morning - same effect. Plays for 3-5 minutes, then "Display Driver not responding". Sorry.

And yes, Run As Administrator both times. :-(