NS2+ (The mod previously known as Custom HUD)

Comments

• MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Mendasp wrote: »
    So... do you guys mind this as temp art for the alien side bars?
    wDnvkPU.png

Any chance of an asymmetric (only energy bar) setup ala ns1. :P

In NS1 you had 2 bars, except one was resources instead of HP... so it's not like it was asymmetric in NS1, you had 2 bars there too.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    wDnvkPU.png

Any chance of an asymmetric (only energy bar) setup ala ns1. :P

In NS1 you had 2 bars, except one was resources instead of HP... so it's not like it was asymmetric in NS1, you had 2 bars there too.

Ah right, forgot about the blue res bar.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited July 2014

Lol memories. Honestly I'd rather see a slim, vertical bar on the right/left side of the screen that fills accordingly. That is closer to the old minimal hud/competitive mods NS1 used to have.

I think the blue bar eventually changed into a cloaking meter. I think the blue res one was removed in later builds (or I always used replacement sprites).
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Also just implemented team specific FOVs and sensitivities.

Best mod 2014, 2015.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    console commands to adjust marine/alien specific FoV?... cuz fck sliders.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    joshhh wrote: »
    The adjustment is exactly the same as it is for the vanilla FOV +0 to +20, so not sure why you want a console command but...

Every single NS2+ menu option has a corresponding console command, in this case:

plus fov_perteam: 0/1 - true/false - cycle | To enable or disable team specific fov
    plus fov_m: 0-20
    plus fov_a: 0-20

And for sensitivity you have to replace fov with sensitivity :P

If you type plus in console it lists all the commands (currently they don't fit all on screen :D)
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    joshhh wrote: »
    The adjustment is exactly the same as it is for the vanilla FOV +0 to +20, so not sure why you want a console command but...

Every single NS2+ menu option has a corresponding console command, in this case:

plus fov_perteam: 0/1 - true/false - cycle | To enable or disable team specific fov
    plus fov_m: 0-20
    plus fov_a: 0-20

And for sensitivity you have to replace fov with sensitivity :P

If you type plus in console it lists all the commands (currently they don't fit all on screen :D)

So is a scrollable console something for the next patch, Mendasp? :)
  • OtsOts Join Date: 2003-07-30 Member: 18577Members, Constellation
    @Mendasp‌ , any chance for transparency slider for those huds(at least for the one in the middle)?

Much love for the teambased sensitivity settings. <3
    Ots wrote: »
    @Mendasp‌ , any chance for transparency slider for those huds(at least for the one in the middle)?

Much love for the teambased sensitivity settings. <3

You can modify the texture to make it more transparent if you like, I don't want more options if I can avoid it, there's plenty already.
    Fine, i'll be less lazy. :(
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    hhhmm.. health and energy bars....
    I can not remember if the blue one was res or energy.. Been so long.

But I do like the idea of having left for health, and right for energy.. yay @ mendasp
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Wow those really look like an updated version of ns1! They look great.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Wasn't even going to use these. Now I have to. That looks so sexy.
  • ball2hiball2hi Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163128Members
    So this 267 patch delay has an upside. I got textures for the rest of the bars too.

Big thanks to @rantology for the awesome art :D

Marine bars
    rlFVKrU.png

Alien bars with different HP/AP values
    pUTnBdT.png
    3s3l3Wb.png
    CjeyWgN.png
    Those marine bars look incredibly sexy. They're sleek, and simple. The alien bars seem too flashy for me.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Oh wow, that's fantastic!
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    DC like..
    DC want..

Extremely well done to both @rantology and @Mendasp.
    I do believe these should become official (without ns2+) in a future patch... with a toggle of course.

@aeroripper‌ I know... this does bring back memories. :D
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    That's some sweet looking art.

Btw, mendasp, would it be possible to add also team averages (accuracy without onos, playerdamage, structuredamage) to the stats endscreen? Would very much like that.
    Neoken wrote: »
    That's some sweet looking art.

Btw, mendasp, would it be possible to add also team averages (accuracy without onos, playerdamage, structuredamage) to the stats endscreen? Would very much like that.
    Oh, it is very possible and I wanted to do something like that for a while, the problem is displaying it without taking over the entire screen.

I'll add it to the trello.
    Another one:

Add the alien commander "threat, expanding here, and heal" icons to the minimap. It's a bit difficult to see the location in first person, so it would aid significantly to see the icon on the minimap itself.
    New build is out... that means... new NS2+!

- Added NS2+ Options to the main menu if the mod is mounted.
    - Autopickup Better Weapon option now keeps your current weapon as long as it's better than the LMG.
    - Added HUD bars option. You can choose to have HUD info next to your crosshair (HL2 style) or to the sides at the bottom (NS1 style). Available in HUD tab. Thanks to rantology for the art!
    - Fixed crosshair hit indicator fade time not being applied on map load properly.
    - Added team specific sensitivities. Available in Misc. tab.
    - Added team specific FOVs. Available in Misc. tab.
    - Tweaked the rifle muzzleflash and some ricochet particles under Minimal Particles setting.
  • WoehlerWoehler Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188684Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Something's wrong with the stats. At least from my last round as marine commander http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/576777536826513321/7C060B123D19D9AC93EB02C18AC95275B5C0E5B2/
    edited August 2014
    Ok, I fixed the shift thing since that's a high priority thing, working on the stats and some other stuff that I found.
    @Mendasp , not really a gamebreaking thing but jetpack gas-o-meter is covered by the left hud from the ns1 style hud. And if you change resolution the hud menu disappears from the ns2+ options, need to reload to get it back :)

Also the team sensitivity was acting up a bit but will have to test that out later bit more, it basicly had different value on the options than when i checked it in console.