Volcanoes new in 267

ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
Volcanoes appear if you eco a shift. They remain until the shift and creep is killed. The shift is only able to eco once as a result.

Comments

• ChizzlerChizzler Join Date: 2013-01-04 Member: 177532Members
    edited August 2014
    ZEROibis wrote: »
    Volcanoes appear if you eco a shift. They remain until the shift and creep is killed. The shift is only able to eco once as a result.

I'd add that the Shift can continue to echo other structures, just not itself. It also can't accept move orders, and the visual model doesn't surface (but the collision model exists). It can still take damage, and if destroyed, the looping particle animation stops after a good 15 or so seconds. You don't also need to clear the infestation.

It affects all shifts (not just self-echo) but doesn't affect any other structures. You also, can't echo a bugged shift, using another shift, whether that one is bugged or not... this can also stop your unmatured, unbugged shift from echoing itself, as it will prioritise the bugged mature shift first, but can't complete the action. Once matured, it will echo itself instead (and become bugged too)

Additionally, Lerk's Umbra will affect a bugged shift indefinately.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    OK did not know about the 15sec wait, we always killed the cyst by then.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2014
    Did you have this issue also with no mods mounted ? Because i am unable to reproduce this "issue" . Do have any errors in the logs or did you notice anything else that could trigger this.
    edited August 2014
    Did you have this issue also with no mods mounted ? Because i am unable to reproduce this "issue" . Do have any errors in the logs or did you notice anything else that could trigger this.

Still doing some tests. I've only been testing it in "Sandbox" thus far... where it seems running NS2+ Mod clientside is the issue. turning that mod off has resolved the issue for me. Not got into a multiplayer match to test NS2+ serverside yet.

Seeing as it was occuring every time, rather than at random, and you can't reproduce it online, it would suggest it's just a mod conflict thankfully :) Sorry if we've wasted your time.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited August 2014
    Can confirm this bug happening in a server with NS2+. Also tested in local server, it only appears when NS2+ is enabled. Vanilla NS2 is unaffected.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    It should be fixed now, sorry for the inconvenience.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    rgr, map just changed so we will know soon if it was not fixed.
    edited August 2014
    Mendasp wrote: »
    It should be fixed now, sorry for the inconvenience.

Awesome! ridiculously quick getting that fix out =)

Edit: Confirmed fixed in 'Sandbox' running NS2+
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I saw this happen with a shade too...