Time Capsule voting

12346»

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    I know steam has an offline mode, I doubt it would save capsules to send later.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    @AlainColcer you actually dont have to fill the time capsule. You can just leave it blank. Yes, the rocket makes it look like you need to do it. But you don't have to
  • AenigmaAenigma Russia Join Date: 2020-01-31 Member: 257527Members
    I do not know English well, so I'm sorry, I will write a message in Russian. Who does not understand - use a Google translator.

Прочитав данное обсуждение, я увидел, что у вас основные претензии к капсулам времени такие:
    1. Много капсул не на английском языке, что, с вашей точки зрения, делает их плохими и бесполезными;
    2. Вы недовольны, что игроки кладут в капсулы предметы, которые облегчают им выживание на планете;
    3. В большинстве капсул плохие текст и картинки;
    4. Плохая и неудобная система отбора капсул для помещения их в игру.

Давайте разберём по пунктам...

Надеюсь, вы не расисты и не имеете ничего против, чтобы в Subnautica играли не только англоговорящие игроки? Посмотрите статистику: большинство игроков - из Китая, на втором месте - Россия, на третьем - Чехия (славянская страна в Восточной Европе, если кто не знает). Поэтому капсулы времени чаще всего находят игроки, для которых английский язык не является родным. И я считаю, что не случится ничего страшного, если игрок увидит текст на своём родном языке. Напротив, ему это будет даже приятно, т.к. он увидит, что капсулу оставил его земляк.
    Есть и ещё одна причина, о которой я буду говорить в третьем пункте...

Сама система капсул времени придумана для того, чтобы одни игроки могли передавать свои пожелания и подарки другим игрокам. Поэтому возмущаться, что игроки кладут в капсулы предметы, которые облегчают выживание на планете, глупо. Зачем нужны капсулы времени, если игроки будут находить в них титан и рыбу?
    Другое дело - предметы, раскрывающие сюжет игры: ионные кубы (но не ионные батарейки), инопланетные скрижали и т.д. Такие предметы нужно запрещать программно, чтобы игрок просто не смог положить их в капсулу.

Вы забываете, что большинство игроков - это дети. А дети плохо умеют выражать свои мысли, тем более в письменном виде. Для них капсула времени - просто момент игры, который они торопятся пройти, чтобы побыстрее улететь с планеты.
    Например, я, просматривая капсулы времени на сайте, вижу, что многие созданы явно детьми.
    Да и многие взрослые не являются писателями, и, к сожалению, даже просто умными людьми.
    Выходом в такой ситуации было бы то, что здесь уже предлагали: сделать отправку капсулы времени не обязательной и выключенной по умолчанию. Тот, кто захочет создать и отправить хорошую капсулу времени, сделает это. А у остальных игроков будет возможность пропустить это.
    Ну и, конечно, содержимое капсул должно модерироваться. Причём теми, кто хорошо знает китайский, русский, английский и другие популярные языки, чтобы понимать, хороший текст написан или плохой.

Отбор капсул организован просто ужасно. В списке нет элементарной сортировки по фильтрам: по языку, по дате, по популярности и т.д. Плохие капсулы годами висят на первых местах, а хорошие, но новые капсулы просто никто не видит.
    Этот процесс нужно как-то оптимизировать и автоматизировать, чтобы заведомо плохие капсулы сразу уничтожались. Ручное модерирование сотен тысяч капсул - это ад.
    Критерий отбора сейчас всего один - мнение пользователей сайта. Но это очень не объективный критерий. Хорошую капсулу может забраковать ребёнок, которому она показалась плохой, или у него просто было плохое настроение. Чем больше людей голосуют, тем меньше такой эффект проявляется, но проблема в том, что голосуют то буквально единицы.
  • SebluestSebluest Buenos Aires Join Date: 2020-02-24 Member: 258257Members
    Thank you for this!!!
  • baseplatelordbaseplatelord Join Date: 2020-03-19 Member: 258942Members
    does every biome have there own capsule?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    edited March 2020
    There can be multiple within the same Biome. I'm not sure if they spawn in all Biomes; I didn't find any in the Safe Shallows or other early areas.
  • fan2287fan2287 Alterra Join Date: 2020-08-04 Member: 263014Members
    Calarand77 wrote: »
    Just spent half an hour voting and the quality of those capsules is... depressing, to be honest. Spoilers, swear words, real-life self-advertising, immersion breaking babble... and the worst thing is that those get some upvotes too.

Out of the batch that loaded up for me, which was a total of 100 I think, I only upvoted 5 or so. I don't know, it seems people simply have no idea what these capsules are for or what to do with them. I haven't gotten to creating mine yet, so I do not know how the process goes, but perhaps some guidelines as to what is okay to put in there are necessary (as in: not the end-game stuff and only non-spoilery pictures) and what to write (again, no spoilers and keep it in-character: write as the survivor, not lonely Jimmy from the basement seeking friends through his email)...

I'm sorry, I'm just sad, I guess.

yeah, thats why my capsule is literally a picture of the island at an angle were you can't see the alien gun, and its contents are 1 lantern fruit and 2 large waters. kept it spoiler free, since my first time capsule I found had a picture of the sea emperor, why would people upvote that.
  • fan2287fan2287 Alterra Join Date: 2020-08-04 Member: 263014Members
    Hi, I have a quick question.

what is the minimum number of upvotes needed for a time capsule to be considered added to the game, I'm seeing capsules with 10 or more upvotes but they still say awaiting moderation, I think its around 40, maybe.
  • SpidersonicSpidersonic Join Date: 2020-08-06 Member: 263070Members
    Hello everyone,

I'm really confused about how this whole system works. From what I understand, you need a large number of upvotes in order for your Time Capsule to be added in the game, manually by a developer. I can't imagine how big of a task that must be for the person in charge of it.

Anyway, more than a year ago (on April 24th, 2019), I created my Time Capsule for the game when it asked me to and it hasn't moved at all since then as there doesn't seem to be a lot of people voting on these anymore.

As I did not want to ruin the experience for anyone finding it, I tried to keep it spoiler-free, although the included screenshot gives you a clue regarding the location of an area you're going to have to explore at some point, early in the game. I also made sure not to leave any overpowered item in it and I spent a lot of time writing a message that I thought would fit well in the game's setting, like it was a part of it.

Here's the link to my Time Capsule, if you want to check it out :
    [Removed link]

Edit: Apparently and for security reasons, I'm not allowed to post links here for the time being. You can still find my Time Capsule by searching for TC-1975898462 on the page dedicated to Time Capsules on Unknown Worlds' website.

Any upvote and/or developer moderation would be appreciated at this point as I would love to see it being added to the game.

I hope this post won't bother anyone and wish you all to have a good one.
  • NekrotiK_DischargeNekrotiK_Discharge Brooklyn NY Join Date: 2020-02-17 Member: 257995Members
    edited November 2020
    Hello everyone,

I'm really confused about how this whole system works. From what I understand, you need a large number of upvotes in order for your Time Capsule to be added in the game, manually by a developer. I can't imagine how big of a task that must be for the person in charge of it.

Anyway, more than a year ago (on April 24th, 2019), I created my Time Capsule for the game when it asked me to and it hasn't moved at all since then as there doesn't seem to be a lot of people voting on these anymore.

As I did not want to ruin the experience for anyone finding it, I tried to keep it spoiler-free, although the included screenshot gives you a clue regarding the location of an area you're going to have to explore at some point, early in the game. I also made sure not to leave any overpowered item in it and I spent a lot of time writing a message that I thought would fit well in the game's setting, like it was a part of it.

Here's the link to my Time Capsule, if you want to check it out :
    [Removed link]

Edit: Apparently and for security reasons, I'm not allowed to post links here for the time being. You can still find my Time Capsule by searching for TC-1975898462 on the page dedicated to Time Capsules on Unknown Worlds' website.

Any upvote and/or developer moderation would be appreciated at this point as I would love to see it being added to the game.

I hope this post won't bother anyone and wish you all to have a good one.

So I am going to necro this a bit and kinda throw this out there.
    I have been playing SN off and on for a LONG time, I even got a Platinum trophy on PS4 (tho I didn't mean to, it just kinda happened when I released that one "pet" fish thing that acts like a dog....anyway...)
    Time Caps are ALL connected over steam AND PS4 as you can find yours if you made one on the console along with others in the voting section that made theres on Steam/Xbox. That being said, you can find time caps in game (console version) from PC players etc and like I said, when voting, there are not in separate categories depending on storefront/consoles etc.
    For a new capsule to be in game, there needs to be an update. I have yet to find any "New" capsules and I think this may have stopped being a "thing"
    You'll still encounter them, I just don't think they are no longer being updated as much as we would like and we are just running into older caps.
    I've noticed in the voting section that some caps have HIGH voting numbers which you can still vote on(!?) even tho it was shot off in 2019 which means if you can still vote, its not in the game.

Shame really, for a non-multiplayer game, it's pretty fun to fine these "Messages in a bottle" and should be utilized way more and not forgotten.

It's a really fun concept and as far as I am aware, a unique one. Just one of the many small little winks letting us know that this game is made by gamers who love creating games they'd be into playing, and one of many of the tiny details that had me fall in love with this game right off the bat.

Oh, that reminds me of something; Ever seen a grown man naked?
  • FaustoDePoesFaustoDePoes Soest, Netherlands Join Date: 2018-08-27 Member: 243072Members
  • xavier_boardxavier_board Australia Join Date: 2020-12-08 Member: 265934Members
    How do the capsules appear in the game do they randomly spawn
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    How do the capsules appear in the game do they randomly spawn

Sort of. They spawn in fixed locations but the locations themselves are randomized with each playthrough.
  • ThorastaThorasta Seattle Join Date: 2020-12-15 Member: 266074Members
    AceDude wrote: »
    @Klinn 1. You can get up to 40 (if you explore every bit of the map) in a single game
    2. They are downloaded on the fly
    3. They appear randomly in pre-defined locations

Holy smokes! I have found 2 in four playthroughs.
  • SubnauticfanSubnauticfan Join Date: 2021-01-17 Member: 266942Members
    Anyone know which parental controls stop time capsules from spawning on PS4 cuz I can’t figure it out
    Hey @AceDude you’re a subnautica dev right?
  • AceDudeAceDude Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 61994Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Hey @AceDude you’re a subnautica dev right?

Yes
    edited February 2021
    could you please check out my post called Subnautica: Beyond? It is an idea for a 3rd game that I thought of and I will post more information on it some other time. plus do you know an estimated time (i.e. the month) for the release of below zero on ps4/switch?
  • AceDudeAceDude Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 61994Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I don't have much free time, to be honest. BZ will release on all platforms at the same time. There is no public release date yet.
    Oh ok well if you ever have time pls check it out
    ya know @AceDude even though when I saw the release date for bz I was all like [insert Ode to Joy here] I still wonder... why May 14? You’ve been working on ps4 and switch versions since somewhere around August last year, so it can’t take that long anymore, can it? I tried not to sound like an impatient kid while typing this it is just that I have been waiting so ling for it and just think in my mind that it should be a little sooner.
    How long would it take you to prepare for 14 exams in the same day? :) We've got 2 games to release on 7 platforms. The amount of work, especially on consoles, is enormous.
    Oh true hadn’t thought of that.
    BTW have you told Nintendo about the release date yet? I haven’t seen anything about it in the Nintendo news on the Switch
  • DantillaDantilla Germany Join Date: 2021-03-28 Member: 268559Members
    Anyone else getting "502 Bad Gateway" when trying to get to the link for the TC voting?
  • DieWilcoDieWilco netherlands Join Date: 2021-03-30 Member: 268635Members
    hello from the lost riveeeeeeeeeeer
  • UCNRfellowUCNRfellow Mexico Join Date: 2021-04-10 Member: 268989Members
    Whats up everyone i hope you are well, i have a question to @AceDude , Does Unknownworlds have, had or at least considered implementing any DLC in Subnautica or Subnautica BZ, ya know or some content that actually UW had planned to the final version of the game and it actually didnt came out, i had this doubt cuz Subnautica is currently free on PS4, and it was on Epic, and the community and the content of subnautica has actually been growing up, and now im hyped of BZ actually getting to the end of development.
  • GubrikGubrik Spain Join Date: 2021-05-17 Member: 270217Members
    Hi! this is just one post, so I can create a bug report.