Trouble with FPS

jadelinkjadelink Join Date: 2004-06-10 Member: 29214Members
edited April 2019 in Getting Started
I used to play the game some years back, and I recently got a new computer. I thought I'd get fairly a fairly decent FPS on high settings, but it seems very fixed and stable at 20 fps, with an 8th gen i7, a GTX 1060 and 16 gig of ram (and works fine with things like Subnautica). I have the latest Nvidia drivers (430.39).

Does anyone have any ideas as to why i might be getting such a low FPS? Lowering the graphics settings made utterly no difference at all, nor did raising them back.

Comments

• HandschuhHandschuh Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44338Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Community Developer
    Sounds like something broke down... like the GPU is working in "safemode" ... while others might say make a techsupport.zip probably, maybe use "r_stats" in console first and check what "waiting for" has a number.
    It is the CPU unless there is waiting for GPU..so you know what the actual bottleneck is
    How much FPS do you have in other games?
  • Xavier98Xavier98 New york Join Date: 2020-12-10 Member: 265981Members
    I also have ping problems. But for me it's a problem with the internet.
  • EvaWillamssEvaWillamss Chicago, IL, USA Join Date: 2021-05-12 Member: 269929Members
    Judging by the assembly, there should be no problems. Are you only having problems with this game or all games?