Subnautica PlayStation Update 1.10 Released - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
imageSubnautica PlayStation Update 1.10 Released - Subnautica

PlayStation divers, we want to thank you for your patience while we got this update ready for you all. The console team has been hard at work on some long-requested...

Read the full story here

Comments

• yannickieee927yannickieee927 Netherlands Join Date: 2020-08-10 Member: 263176Members
    I just want to say. I think this is one of the best games i've played ever. Can't wait for below zero ps4
  • DerianEXEDerianEXE Texas Join Date: 2020-10-06 Member: 264443Members
    Only if this was online
  • pro19pro19 brisbane Join Date: 2020-05-10 Member: 260908Members
  • OutlastSeriesOutlastSeries Canada Join Date: 2020-10-06 Member: 264448Members
    Thanks for your hard work!!! Outrunning the terrain was really horrible especially when im in the caves and walls dont load- I have no idea where I'm going and if it'll break the game like the bugs in the aurora do. I'm glad it's been improved and look forward to playing
  • FyxFyx Join Date: 2020-10-06 Member: 264449Members
    This is fantastic news. I was in the middle of my third play through, and had my PRAWN suit fall through the world... It even fell through the skybox and started all over. I hope this update fixes the graphical flickering in habitat wall textures (indoor) that I've been seeing, too. They weren't there on my first play through (right after the game came out on ps4) but suddenly appeared and persisted on my last and current plays.
    Still anxiously awaiting BZ's progress and eventual completion. As much as I love tinkering in early access, I'm dying to see another story unfold!
  • TheGysmoTheGysmo Join Date: 2020-10-07 Member: 264450Members
    Any updates on when we could get below zero released on ps4?
    The wait is killing me
  • TorokkyTorokky Join Date: 2020-10-07 Member: 264452Members
    edited October 2020
    I greatly appreciate the continued commitment to the original Subnautica, as well as us console players, and can't wait to see you blow it "out of the water" with Below Zero ??
  • GwokTheUglyGwokTheUgly Join Date: 2020-10-07 Member: 264460Members
    edited October 2020
    Fantastic! Any idea when ps4 users may get the red moon back? Scratch that moon part, its back!!!
  • ReyTorresReyTorres Orlando, FL Join Date: 2020-10-07 Member: 264463Members
    This is by far one of the best survival games I have EVER played! But as of right now I’m currently receiving some lags and spawn in issues (sea creatures/textures) with Version 1.10. Sometimes it’s small but at times my game will freeze for a good few seconds when exiting the Seamoth and etc. other than that everything runs just fine! Can’t wait till us console players are able to get our hands on Below Zero! Much love.
  • jebronskyjebronsky Philippines Join Date: 2020-09-12 Member: 263916Members
    Cool cool I actually submitted some feedbacks lol.
  • Subnauticaboy12Subnauticaboy12 Hey Join Date: 2020-10-07 Member: 264479Members
    Subnautica devs anyway of bringing multiplayer as I’m getting kind of lonely went it comes to playing by myself your downloads would increase by a good margin as well as for below zero thanks
  • CherBear1030CherBear1030 North America Join Date: 2020-10-07 Member: 264483Members
    I absolutely LOVE how much better the performance is in the lost river and lava zone, and that moon is just gorgeous! I'm still experiencing a bit of lag when surfacing and transitioning from vehicle to base to biome to surface etc, but it's not any worse than it was so at least there's that! I have encountered a pretty annoying bug, however. If I'm close to the fabricator, then the selection highlight is missing, making it difficult to navigate and I also can't select the items on the lower parts of the menu (like the laser cutter for instance). This is solved by stepping back from the fabricator a couple steps, so it's only a bit of a minor annoyance. I imagine a new player would get discouraged pretty quickly.
  • HakudonoHakudono Turkey Join Date: 2020-10-07 Member: 264488Members
    Pls multiplayer co op pls
  • ToothLess2107ToothLess2107 Join Date: 2020-08-17 Member: 263331Members
    Local co OP
    And a map of where you already explored
  • senjazsenjaz Join Date: 2019-01-02 Member: 247840Members
    Hakudono wrote: »
    Pls multiplayer co op pls

Not going to happen. It’s been requested frequently since release and the devs have already said they aren’t going to do it. There is no easy way of making a game multiplayer as an afterthought. As far as I know there is a mod for the PC version that adds basic multiplayer support but it’s always going to be buggy.
  • senjazsenjaz Join Date: 2019-01-02 Member: 247840Members
    Are the performance improvements here specific to the PS4 or are they part of the previously mentioned Nintendo Switch port optimisations that were planned on being back ported? I’d like to know if this is it for performance improvement or whether there is more to come.

I’m hoping this will mitigate the frame rate drops in parts of the river and it’s entrances.
  • britishbrileybritishbriley Plant city Join Date: 2020-10-08 Member: 264495Members
    When can we use keyboard and mouse?
  • nekokatnekokat Join Date: 2020-10-08 Member: 264502Members
    I'm SO grateful for the terrain loading fixes, and the game seems to look nicer now! However, I experienced a loading glitch that glitched me into the containment building on the wrong side of a locked door that should have been unlocked (I was going fast, a sea dragon was hot on my heels). After the building loaded in, it acted as if it was underwater - I could swim to the ceiling. Warping out and back fixed it, but then my Prawn kept locking up, unable to move more than a few steps until I warped out and returned. Eventually I made it to the surface, OMG THE MOON IS BEAUTIFUL. I was admiring it when my game crashed out to a PS4 blue screen. So... a mixed bag. Hopefully I was just very unlucky and this isn't an indication of the quality of this latest update.

I submitted feedback saying it would be very useful to have a button or even a tablet kiosk on the inside of the containment door. If it's going to relock itself all the time, I can carry extra tablets, no problem - but it's less useful as a warp point when you're always on the wrong side of the door.

By the way, almost all my leviathans had gone missing for hundreds of hours, and as of some recent-ish update, they're back, so thank you for that. The sea is dangerous again but less lonesome. However my cuddlefish is still AWOL.
  • TheGamingNekoYTTheGamingNekoYT Canada Join Date: 2020-10-08 Member: 264523Members
    2 -4 player co-op with friends, this is a great game to overcome one's fear of underwater, its also a great game to play with a romantic partner or to play wirh a younger/older sibling
    If you can add in the ability to play co-op on pc and console and do a small release trailer for it tje player base would grow and possibly increase sales of subnautica and below zero.
    Please take this into serious consideration Unknown Worlds.
    Sincerely- TheGamingNeko Youtibe Streamer through PS4
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    @senjaz This update was already released on PC and Xbox, they were just working out some issues for the PS4 version. The improvements for Switch version are yet to come, hope it improves Lost River for you.

@TheGamingNekoYT As said in the pinned thread, they have already evaluated multiplayer, decided against it. If they were a AAA developer they might have been able to rewrite the game from the ground up to make multiplayer work. They would also be charging $60 for the game, and you might have to sell your soul.
  • YiisasYiisas Join Date: 2020-10-11 Member: 264601Members
  • CochonouCochonou France Join Date: 2019-01-19 Member: 249024Members
    Thanks a lot for the update. Everything is not perfect yet, but the terrain streaming performance is so much improved that it's almost shocking. The framerate in the lost river has also increased a lot. At last, Subnautica on PS4 might be playable on hardcore mode. Props to the console team.
  • susembesusembe Join Date: 2020-10-11 Member: 264623Members
    every time you close your menu / inventory, the screen freezes up for a few secs. New patch, new bug.
  • YubanYuban walterab@yahoo.com Join Date: 2020-10-12 Member: 264637Members
    I can no longer save my game. Tried over 20 times by hitting YES, save my game and it failed every time. I guess I am done playing the game.
  • zlatcozlatco Join Date: 2020-10-12 Member: 264644Members
    What the actual f%%k? impossible to save.A huge fire in the middle of the ocean, lifepod 5 upside down in the water! Crappiest update in the history of all updates! Come the f%%k on and fix pls.
  • PhontexPhontex Buena Vista Colorado Join Date: 2020-01-29 Member: 257498Members
    I actually have a request. Would it be possible for you guys to get with Hello Games and in the planetary base system on No Man's Sky, help them set up a working short range radar room similar to Subnautica's Scanner Room? Both games have a pretty similar setup so it really shouldn't be too difficult.
  • RonalethRonaleth Join Date: 2020-10-12 Member: 264636Members
    Has anyone's Blood Kelp Sanctuary disappeared after the new update (PS4)? I've found the cave, but there is nothing save for a forcefield shaped door hole where there should be a door?
  • YubanYuban walterab@yahoo.com Join Date: 2020-10-12 Member: 264637Members
    With every save attempt I get cellscache/baked-batch-cells-8-14-15........ try again YES NO. Even though it always says save failed, sometimes it actually does save. With no guarantee of saving, I cannot keep playing.
  • ScorpiusScorpius USA Join Date: 2020-10-14 Member: 264684Members
    Like a few others I'm noticing issues with the saves. After the update I have ran into an issue where the game tells me it's had problems saving. And asks to try again. The first few times i did this it saved with no problem. But now, even after I did a database rebuild on the PS4 (assuming the save file is on the main drive) and a reboot, the issue persists. So although I can still play it seems like progress won't be saved so there's really no point to playing until the issue is fixed. Still love the game but will wait for the next patch that resolves this.
  • DragonBeast345675DragonBeast345675 Join Date: 2020-10-16 Member: 264747Members
    how do i get into the game :cry: