Subnautica & Subnautica: Below Zero Coming to Nintendo Switch - Subnautica

SystemSystem Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Posts: 466 vanilla
imageSubnautica & Subnautica: Below Zero Coming to Nintendo Switch - Subnautica

Hello, Subnauts. If you tuned into the Nintendo Indie World Showcase today, you already know our big news: Subnautica and Subnautica: Below Zero are coming to the Nintendo Switch in...

Read the full story here

«1

Comments

  • GameCube078GameCube078 CanadaMembers Join Date: 2020-05-30 Member: 261510Posts: 3 Fully active user
    will below zero still be on Ps4 and when?
  • yannickieee927yannickieee927 NetherlandsMembers Join Date: 2020-08-10 Member: 263176Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    nice and all but ps4? <3
  • _BENJAXD__BENJAXD_ Members Join Date: 2020-08-18 Member: 263367Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    ponganlo en español a Subnautica Below Zero plissssss
  • Redkitt3n14Redkitt3n14 Members Join Date: 2020-08-18 Member: 263368Posts: 3 Fully active user
    Yay :) I hoped this would come to switch
    Lift_the_Camel
  • Redkitt3n14Redkitt3n14 Members Join Date: 2020-08-18 Member: 263368Posts: 3 Fully active user
    I hope it runs well, I’ll buy it anyway but I hope it’s at a consistent 30fps
    Lift_the_Camel
  • Redkitt3n14Redkitt3n14 Members Join Date: 2020-08-18 Member: 263368Posts: 3 Fully active user
    WILL IT HAVE NINTENDO LABO VR SUPPORT
    Lift_the_Camel
  • faraday223faraday223 MissouriMembers Join Date: 2020-08-18 Member: 263372Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    My only question is will they come as physical editions or just digital?
  • EPICNINJAGAMERYTEPICNINJAGAMERYT Members Join Date: 2020-08-18 Member: 263374Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    Are yall gonna release these games on the future consoles? (Ps5,Xbox,ect.)
  • chtsta88chtsta88 United States Members Join Date: 2018-06-28 Member: 241776Posts: 3 Fully active user
    Bro what happened to Xbox and PlayStation I been waiting over a year
    z0mbi316
  • z0mbi316z0mbi316 Members Join Date: 2020-08-18 Member: 263377Posts: 1 Fully active user
    It been 2 years for console release and its still runs poorly if at all, way to bite off more than you can chew. I bet both will be riddled with bugs and performance issues.
    Simi_Slakkinenixxtabb
  • lovebetty33lovebetty33 Members Join Date: 2020-08-18 Member: 263380Posts: 1 Fully active user
    Please tell me this will be digital also please tell me that I won't have to buy the activation key and that we can just transfer the purchase . I already buy both Subnautica and Below Zero .
  • Simi_SlakkinenSimi_Slakkinen Members Join Date: 2019-12-08 Member: 256236Posts: 11 Fully active user
    That's all well and good but can you please focus your efforts on the current console versions of Subnautica before adding another console. It's been at least a year and a half since you've acknowledged the save sync bug on Xbox and we're no closer to it being resolved. Plus all the new bugs introduced in the last update. It doesn't exactly run smoothly on a One X, how is it going to manage on a Switch?
    z0mbi316
  • ixxtabbixxtabb Members Join Date: 2020-04-26 Member: 260406Posts: 4 Fully active user
    So did you just give up on PlayStation and Xbox? Your company has no idea how to communicate with it's fan base, it's absolutely pathetic. Announcements seem to show PC and Switch only, so I'm gonna finally stop holding my breath. And of course, I expect no answer to this question, as usual...
    z0mbi316Simi_Slakkinen
  • RewriteWRewriteW [email protected]Members Join Date: 2020-08-19 Member: 263404Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    the ps4 version has a bad optimization, a lot of lag, visual bugs and will they still release a version for a new console? what a disappointment this was ...
    z0mbi316
  • virtualdonvirtualdon Members, Forum Admins, Confirm Email, Subnautica Developer Join Date: 2019-11-22 Member: 255783Posts: 11 mod
    ixxtabb wrote: »
    So did you just give up on PlayStation and Xbox? Your company has no idea how to communicate with it's fan base, it's absolutely pathetic. Announcements seem to show PC and Switch only, so I'm gonna finally stop holding my breath. And of course, I expect no answer to this question, as usual...

    We shipped an Xbox update earlier in the year. We've discussed in a few places that the same patch for PS4 was blocked by a complicated save/load bug that prevented us from shipping. That bug was recently resolved and the patch is currently in QA testing. Once it passes testing and is signed off, we will be shipping it. After that, PC, Xbox, and PS4 will all be on the same version, with the hope that we will then be able to do more frequent updates across all three platforms.

    A lot of the work that has gone into optimizing the game for Switch, as well as bug fixing, is also work that will be rolled out on all other platforms. We haven't given up on Playstation or Xbox.
    Lift_the_Camel
  • ixxtabbixxtabb Members Join Date: 2020-04-26 Member: 260406Posts: 4 Fully active user
    virtualdon wrote: »
    ixxtabb wrote: »
    So did you just give up on PlayStation and Xbox? Your company has no idea how to communicate with it's fan base, it's absolutely pathetic. Announcements seem to show PC and Switch only, so I'm gonna finally stop holding my breath. And of course, I expect no answer to this question, as usual...

    We shipped an Xbox update earlier in the year. We've discussed in a few places that the same patch for PS4 was blocked by a complicated save/load bug that prevented us from shipping. That bug was recently resolved and the patch is currently in QA testing. Once it passes testing and is signed off, we will be shipping it. After that, PC, Xbox, and PS4 will all be on the same version, with the hope that we will then be able to do more frequent updates across all three platforms.

    A lot of the work that has gone into optimizing the game for Switch, as well as bug fixing, is also work that will be rolled out on all other platforms. We haven't given up on Playstation or Xbox.

    You know I was referring to Below Zero and you completely avoided it. The only reason I've stuck around so long holding out hope that you'd drop us a bone is that Subnautica is an INCREDIBLE game, despite it's multitude of bugs. If Below Zero is half as good, I'll love it but as far as I can tell it's not getting released for consoles PS4/XBOX anymore.... What. Is. The. Deal.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 PersonSuper Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Posts: 3,013 admin
    ixxtabb wrote: »
    virtualdon wrote: »
    ixxtabb wrote: »
    So did you just give up on PlayStation and Xbox? Your company has no idea how to communicate with it's fan base, it's absolutely pathetic. Announcements seem to show PC and Switch only, so I'm gonna finally stop holding my breath. And of course, I expect no answer to this question, as usual...

    We shipped an Xbox update earlier in the year. We've discussed in a few places that the same patch for PS4 was blocked by a complicated save/load bug that prevented us from shipping. That bug was recently resolved and the patch is currently in QA testing. Once it passes testing and is signed off, we will be shipping it. After that, PC, Xbox, and PS4 will all be on the same version, with the hope that we will then be able to do more frequent updates across all three platforms.

    A lot of the work that has gone into optimizing the game for Switch, as well as bug fixing, is also work that will be rolled out on all other platforms. We haven't given up on Playstation or Xbox.

    You know I was referring to Below Zero and you completely avoided it. The only reason I've stuck around so long holding out hope that you'd drop us a bone is that Subnautica is an INCREDIBLE game, despite it's multitude of bugs. If Below Zero is half as good, I'll love it but as far as I can tell it's not getting released for consoles PS4/XBOX anymore.... What. Is. The. Deal.

    The deal is the same as we posted before a few months ago; we're trying to simultaneously ship PC with Xbox and PS4. We might not be able to do it, but that's the goal. As for dates, we dont know yet. Once we're closer to finishing BZ, we'll have a better idea of 'when'.

    If NS2 fails, follow my Nuke From Orbit Guide.

    NS2 Discord: https://discord.gg/0TKQwZWu7JEPeAgW

    Subnautica Discord: https://discord.gg/subnautica

    Lift_the_Camel
  • LeeTwentyThreeLeeTwentyThree Members Join Date: 2018-01-31 Member: 236321Posts: 87 Advanced user
    Lol why are you people so impatient? Just because they're working on another port doesn't mean they abandoned PS4 and Xbox. First of all, they wouldnt cancel it in the first place, because they would miss out on so many sales. But anyway they're working on it and are planning on releasing it when Below Zero 1.0 comes out on PC or soon after. Do you not remember how late the SN1PS4 port was? Below Zero's console release should be much cleaner. And please, stop complaining to complain. I'm pretty sure the devs know what they're doing.
    narfblatLift_the_Camel
  • RedWolf02RedWolf02 Members Join Date: 2020-01-29 Member: 257479Posts: 5 Fully active user
    and my wish came true.
    Lift_the_Camel
  • BenauticaBenautica BenauticaMembers Join Date: 2020-08-24 Member: 263530Posts: 1 Fully active user
    When is subnautica below zero coming out on console?
  • 이태건이태건 대전 광역시 비래동24번지Members Join Date: 2020-08-25 Member: 263540Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
  • Philipp4Philipp4 GermanyMembers Join Date: 2020-08-28 Member: 263622Posts: 1 Fully active user
    Will they release in a more expensive 2 in 1 pack or as two independent games?
  • KaiPlayzKaiPlayz Members Join Date: 2020-08-28 Member: 263643Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    Atlas submarine 😇
  • DerpNibblesDerpNibbles United StatesMembers Join Date: 2020-08-31 Member: 263690Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    edited August 31
    I love the idea about playing the game in portable fashion on switch but this announcement has me... Timid/concerned at best. Switch is a weaker piece of hardware and ps4 already struggles with frame rate, lag, and pop in.

    Moreso than excitement my first thought on this announcement was "can switch even run this game at an acceptable frame rate?"

    I hope y'all can make it work, and if you do I'm happy to buy the game again, but the performance is my biggest fear and will be that deciding factor towards whether or not I purchase.
  • NightRaven101NightRaven101 Members Join Date: 2020-09-01 Member: 263704Posts: 2 Fully active user
  • BoffBoff SwedenMembers Join Date: 2018-08-12 Member: 242804Posts: 58 Advanced user
    oh wow! again Unity and the Switch has not been my favourite stable platform.
    The overhead of the Unity platform is already painful, as loading the base engine for something simple, like a menu screen, is already painfully slow, and has a tendency to crash-out. Add ontop to that, the level loading is also slow on the switch.
    Optimizing Subnautica the game is one thing for various platforms, optimizing Unity itself for the switch is a totally different ball-game. I see it's in co-operation with other companies, who hopefully know what they are doing and how to improve Unity for the Switch.
  • Boxcar336Boxcar336 30728 zip.Members Join Date: 2020-09-02 Member: 263736Posts: 2 Fully active user
    i cant play it it ctathis onpone store
  • Lift_the_CamelLift_the_Camel USAMembers Join Date: 2020-09-11 Member: 263903Posts: 3 Freshly registered user
    This is awesome news!!! Love Subnautica and my Switch! Will be picking it up day one for sure. Already have it on Xbox and PC, but being able to take it portable will be spectacular. I have no doubt you'll be able to get it to run quite well on the Switch. Doomsayers can say what they will, but many games thought to be impossible to run on the Switch have come out. This will be among them and I can't wait!
  • Lift_the_CamelLift_the_Camel USAMembers Join Date: 2020-09-11 Member: 263903Posts: 3 Freshly registered user
    faraday223 wrote: »
    My only question is will they come as physical editions or just digital?

    It looks like Subnautica is getting a physical edition, but Below Zero may be digital only.


    si3s3m5swsn4.png

  • Lift_the_CamelLift_the_Camel USAMembers Join Date: 2020-09-11 Member: 263903Posts: 3 Freshly registered user
    edited September 11
    z0mbi316 wrote: »
    It been 2 years for console release and its still runs poorly if at all, way to bite off more than you can chew. I bet both will be riddled with bugs and performance issues.

    They are "in partnership with Shiny Shoe and Unity Professional Services" so much of the work is probably being outsourced. And, even if not, as they stated, much of the performance work for the Switch will translate to better performance on other consoles as well.
    virtualdon wrote: »
    A lot of the work that has gone into optimizing the game for Switch, as well as bug fixing, is also work that will be rolled out on all other platforms. We haven't given up on Playstation or Xbox.
Sign In or Register to comment.