Subnautica: Below Zero Console Plans and Roadmap - Subnautica

Comments

• RedWolf02RedWolf02 Join Date: 2020-01-29 Member: 257479Members
    I don't mind waiting for the game. I just wish they could make a version of the original Subnautica and Below Zero for the Nintendo Switch.
  • Simi_SlakkinenSimi_Slakkinen Join Date: 2019-12-08 Member: 256236Members
    virtualdon wrote: »
    This sounds like a cool project I'd love to see below zero come to console but I thought you stated that once you were finished with below zero on PC your main focus was to start polishing the original subnautica on console with new bug updates then when you were finished that I was expecting to get a console version of below zero so why work on below zero for console when that would only be giving you limited amount of time on all your projects?

We are working on bug fixes and updates to Subnautica on consoles simultaneously with our efforts to bring Below Zero to consoles.

Please please please fix sync error 0X83860012 on Xbox. I had to change my console and can't access my save. As much as I love this game I'm not starting from scratch, and it kind of turns me off buying Below Zero that this might be a problem.
  • casanofficasanoffi Join Date: 2020-02-07 Member: 257674Members
    RedWolf02 wrote: »
    I don't mind waiting for the game. I just wish they could make a version of the original Subnautica and Below Zero for the Nintendo Switch.
    That would be awesome - despite the fact I doubt the Switch could handle the game properly.
    Only a pretty skilled developer would be needed to optimize it ^^

Imagine there would be a physical edition with both games on a Switch gamecard makes me a little bit wistful :smiley:
    casanoffi wrote: »
    That would be awesome - despite the fact I doubt the Switch could handle the game properly.
    Only a pretty skilled developer would be needed to optimize it ^^

Imagine there would be a physical edition with both games on a Switch gamecard makes me a little bit wistful :smiley:

I disagree with this, I reckon It could work out.,Big games like Skyrim and Breath Of The Wild seemed to work just fine. And I also think that it would be a great way to expand the fanbase by releasing the sequel and the original together out onto portable consoles.
    I disagree with this, I reckon It could work out.,Big games like Skyrim and Breath Of The Wild seemed to work just fine. And I also think that it would be a great way to expand the fanbase by releasing the sequel and the original together out onto portable consoles.
    Oh, I'm pretty sure it could work.
    As I said, I think a very skilled developer would be needed ^^
    casanoffi wrote: »
    Oh, I'm pretty sure it could work.
    As I said, I think a very skilled developer would be needed ^^

sorry I misunderstood what you said before, and I do believe that there is a lot of skilled developers who could make this work.
    Fun fact: one of the developers who was responsible for the console port is Panic Button ^^
    Well known for their marbelous work on many difficult Switch ports...
    Well, fingers crossed for the Switch port.
  • Bobo5Bobo5 Holland Join Date: 2019-04-11 Member: 252271Members
    thanx for The info! With Jacksepticeye playing early acces only makes me want it more for my PS4!
    good luck with the rest of development!!!
  • oobigT88oobigT88 Join Date: 2020-02-26 Member: 258305Members
    Can't wait for below zero on ps4 anyone know how long we looking at? Day, months year
  • BearpooBearpoo Belgium Join Date: 2020-03-04 Member: 258486Members
    Just finished Subnautica on ps4! Loved it! Hope to play Below Zero in the future but it would play amazing on future consoles I'm sure... Keep up the great work and thanks for the experience!
  • Ape21Ape21 India Join Date: 2020-01-17 Member: 257228Members
    I love your subnautica games and the vast under water world yall have created. aha.
  • JohanniJohanni johanni Join Date: 2020-04-29 Member: 260473Members
    edited April 2020
    Do you have to buy the game seperate from the other subnautica??
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Yes, it's a standalone game.
  • DjPickleDjPickle UK Join Date: 2020-04-30 Member: 260493Members
    Just finished Subnautica on Xbox one, really enjoyed it especially as a gamer who avoids shooters and games with mature ratings. You succeeded in providing an immersive and addictive game suitable for adults without at any time leaving any reason for offence.
    Excellent work.
    Really looking forward to Below zero
  • FlavourFloydFlavourFloyd Germany Join Date: 2020-05-05 Member: 260715Members
    So far my most wanted titles this year have been FF7R and Cyberpunk...by far. But since I know that Below Zero will come to PS4 also it instantly climbed up to rank one on my most wanted list!!! I just loved Subnautica so much. It was a real unique experience. And that is so rare these days in cases of gaming. I hope we don't have to wait too long anymore. Greetings and thanks from Germany... Keep up your great work.
  • layzorclayzorc Join Date: 2011-06-18 Member: 105198Members
    edited May 2020
    virtualdon wrote: »
    This sounds like a cool project I'd love to see below zero come to console but I thought you stated that once you were finished with below zero on PC your main focus was to start polishing the original subnautica on console with new bug updates then when you were finished that I was expecting to get a console version of below zero so why work on below zero for console when that would only be giving you limited amount of time on all your projects?

We are working on bug fixes and updates to Subnautica on consoles simultaneously with our efforts to bring Below Zero to consoles.

Sounds like a cash grab, and unfortunate for all backers of this early access game. We funded you.
  • winddevwinddev Join Date: 2020-06-17 Member: 261931Members
    edited June 2020
    I think it's probably fair to say that Below Zero will be targeted for PS5 and Xbox X?
  • blastikblastik Portland Join Date: 2019-12-22 Member: 256666Members
    As an Xbox owner, I have to say that it's very disappointing to have virtually no informative updates at all regarding Below Zero. It would be one thing to be told that it was never coming to Xbox One, but the first thing I saw when I opened the game case for Subnautica was an advertisement for Below Zero. To have virtually no concrete news on it over a year and a half later is just kinda lame.
  • Andromeda_EternalAndromeda_Eternal Oklahoma Join Date: 2020-10-13 Member: 264672Members
    Please focus on console release. Been waiting way too long :/ Especially since the 'early access' turned into 'only access'. Actually believed (two years ago btw) that you guys were 'racing to get it to console' and now I highly doubt you'll even go beyond early access. This is just getting disappointing now.
  • KhajiitWilsonKhajiitWilson Arkansas Join Date: 2020-10-25 Member: 264962Members
    Please Make Below Zero as good as you can but hurry. I've been awaiting this game since I first discovered it was being made. Subnautica was my dream game with the deep ocean and story line. With Subnautica Below Zero my two dreams are combined. I love the snow with a passion since my state never gets it. I love the ocean and want to explore it but can't because of where I live. With Subnautica and Subnautica Below Zero I can achieve some aspect of my dreams. Please don't forget about the game and please don't discard it. I'm willing to pre-order it if I must.
  • regalevilsubregalevilsub Join Date: 2020-10-21 Member: 264863Members
  • VenatorClassVenatorClass Sumner WA Join Date: 2018-05-08 Member: 240594Members
    So...where is it for xbox?
  • luminalunaluminaluna Aus Join Date: 2020-11-02 Member: 265138Members
    Im currently playing through Subnautica on pspro and it is absolutely incredible. I can't wait to finish the story so I can start up a creative save and go nuts with base building. Im also very keen to play below zero on console too but im more than happy to wait for a release that the developers are satisfied with. What I dont want to see is a game get rushed just to placate the vocal minority who, let's be honest, probably don't know anything about game development. Its not like there arent millions of other games to play while we wait, so if the devs say they need more time, I say good, take all the time you need.
  • MalacathMalacath Wales Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216874Members
    Any plans of bringing this game to the Xbox Series X|S and PS5?

Subnautica is one of my favourite games of all time and i'm looking forward to playing it on my Xbox Series X with better performance but I really want to play Below Zero. I have it on PC but my PC is a potato so I have to run the game from Geforce Now. Streaming is not an ideal experience. I would really like to play the game natively on my Xbox
  • TheEnchanterTheEnchanter Canada Join Date: 2020-11-08 Member: 265307Members
    I am SO pumped, man!!!!!!
  • supersniper1515supersniper1515 NY Join Date: 2020-11-23 Member: 265618Members
    Could at least get an update on when it’s coming to console
  • tbone272tbone272 Underwater Join Date: 2020-11-30 Member: 265738Members
    Lookin for that console update :) nothing but love, this game has helped me through many tough times currently, and historically.
  • Tazman65Tazman65 Join Date: 2019-03-10 Member: 251638Members
    Ok Dev’s now answer the question, PC has it and its is obviously out, cut the crap and get it ported to PS4 NOW!!!!
  • Tazman65Tazman65 Join Date: 2019-03-10 Member: 251638Members
    edited December 2020
    Dev’s change release date for console to suit there needs, before the release of PS5 it was supposed to be in 2020 before Christmas, after PS5 release date it was January of 2021, now since they want more holidays to blame it all on fake Covid 19, which is proven to be a complete hoax caused by US 2020 election and everyone now knows we suffered needlessly, the devs still stick to this Covid excuses even though they can work from home, the real truth is yes they could have had it done, but then they dont get the fun days in the sun, and have to actually do work. News flash devs, by the time you get this out, better games will already be out and we wont want to play your out dated game that if it works as well as the original Subnautica will for sure crash and completely be unplayable, why would we want to wait for an unplayable game all because you want your holidays paid for be the early release on Steam. Seriously get your crap straight!!!!