Subnautica: Below Zero Console Plans and Roadmap - Subnautica

2»

Comments

• RedWolf02RedWolf02 Members Join Date: 2020-01-29 Member: 257479Posts: 4 Fully active user
    I don't mind waiting for the game. I just wish they could make a version of the original Subnautica and Below Zero for the Nintendo Switch.
  • Simi_SlakkinenSimi_Slakkinen Members Join Date: 2019-12-08 Member: 256236Posts: 9 Fully active user
    virtualdon wrote: »
    This sounds like a cool project I'd love to see below zero come to console but I thought you stated that once you were finished with below zero on PC your main focus was to start polishing the original subnautica on console with new bug updates then when you were finished that I was expecting to get a console version of below zero so why work on below zero for console when that would only be giving you limited amount of time on all your projects?

We are working on bug fixes and updates to Subnautica on consoles simultaneously with our efforts to bring Below Zero to consoles.

Please please please fix sync error 0X83860012 on Xbox. I had to change my console and can't access my save. As much as I love this game I'm not starting from scratch, and it kind of turns me off buying Below Zero that this might be a problem.
  • casanofficasanoffi Members Join Date: 2020-02-07 Member: 257674Posts: 6 Fully active user
    RedWolf02 wrote: »
    I don't mind waiting for the game. I just wish they could make a version of the original Subnautica and Below Zero for the Nintendo Switch.
    That would be awesome - despite the fact I doubt the Switch could handle the game properly.
    Only a pretty skilled developer would be needed to optimize it ^^

Imagine there would be a physical edition with both games on a Switch gamecard makes me a little bit wistful :smiley:
  • RedWolf02RedWolf02 Members Join Date: 2020-01-29 Member: 257479Posts: 4 Fully active user
    casanoffi wrote: »
    That would be awesome - despite the fact I doubt the Switch could handle the game properly.
    Only a pretty skilled developer would be needed to optimize it ^^

Imagine there would be a physical edition with both games on a Switch gamecard makes me a little bit wistful :smiley:

I disagree with this, I reckon It could work out.,Big games like Skyrim and Breath Of The Wild seemed to work just fine. And I also think that it would be a great way to expand the fanbase by releasing the sequel and the original together out onto portable consoles.
    casanoffi
  • casanofficasanoffi Members Join Date: 2020-02-07 Member: 257674Posts: 6 Fully active user
    I disagree with this, I reckon It could work out.,Big games like Skyrim and Breath Of The Wild seemed to work just fine. And I also think that it would be a great way to expand the fanbase by releasing the sequel and the original together out onto portable consoles.
    Oh, I'm pretty sure it could work.
    As I said, I think a very skilled developer would be needed ^^
    casanoffi wrote: »
    Oh, I'm pretty sure it could work.
    As I said, I think a very skilled developer would be needed ^^

sorry I misunderstood what you said before, and I do believe that there is a lot of skilled developers who could make this work.
    Fun fact: one of the developers who was responsible for the console port is Panic Button ^^
    Well known for their marbelous work on many difficult Switch ports...
    Well, fingers crossed for the Switch port.
  • Bobo5Bobo5 HollandMembers Join Date: 2019-04-11 Member: 252271Posts: 2 Fully active user
    thanx for The info! With Jacksepticeye playing early acces only makes me want it more for my PS4!
    good luck with the rest of development!!!
  • oobigT88oobigT88 Members Join Date: 2020-02-26 Member: 258305Posts: 1 Fully active user
    Can't wait for below zero on ps4 anyone know how long we looking at? Day, months year
  • BearpooBearpoo BelgiumMembers Join Date: 2020-03-04 Member: 258486Posts: 1 Fully active user
    Just finished Subnautica on ps4! Loved it! Hope to play Below Zero in the future but it would play amazing on future consoles I'm sure... Keep up the great work and thanks for the experience!
  • Ape21Ape21 IndiaMembers Join Date: 2020-01-17 Member: 257228Posts: 6 Fully active user
    I love your subnautica games and the vast under water world yall have created. aha.
  • JohanniJohanni johanniMembers Join Date: 2020-04-29 Member: 260473Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    edited April 29
    Do you have to buy the game seperate from the other subnautica??
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USAMembers, Forum Moderators, Forum staff Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Posts: 722 mod
    Yes, it's a standalone game.
    Subnautica stuff:
    Official Subnautica discord chat: https://discord.gg/subnautica
    For updates on Console progress for both Subnautica and Below Zero, check the favro page, here.
    How to clear your Cache, by 0x6A7232.
    How to use console commands.
    Stuck, and just want to most recent base/Cyclops? Use "Warpme" command. Want to get out of the ceiling? Press F1 and note your camera postion. First number is North/South, second number is up/down, and third is East/West. Reduce the 2nd number by 10, then use "warp x y z" (where x, y, and z are the position you want to be).
  • DjPickleDjPickle UKMembers Join Date: 2020-04-30 Member: 260493Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    Just finished Subnautica on Xbox one, really enjoyed it especially as a gamer who avoids shooters and games with mature ratings. You succeeded in providing an immersive and addictive game suitable for adults without at any time leaving any reason for offence.
    Excellent work.
    Really looking forward to Below zero
  • FlavourFloydFlavourFloyd GermanyMembers Join Date: 2020-05-05 Member: 260715Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    So far my most wanted titles this year have been FF7R and Cyberpunk...by far. But since I know that Below Zero will come to PS4 also it instantly climbed up to rank one on my most wanted list!!! I just loved Subnautica so much. It was a real unique experience. And that is so rare these days in cases of gaming. I hope we don't have to wait too long anymore. Greetings and thanks from Germany... Keep up your great work.
  • layzorclayzorc Members Join Date: 2011-06-18 Member: 105198Posts: 23 Advanced user
    edited May 6
    virtualdon wrote: »
    This sounds like a cool project I'd love to see below zero come to console but I thought you stated that once you were finished with below zero on PC your main focus was to start polishing the original subnautica on console with new bug updates then when you were finished that I was expecting to get a console version of below zero so why work on below zero for console when that would only be giving you limited amount of time on all your projects?

We are working on bug fixes and updates to Subnautica on consoles simultaneously with our efforts to bring Below Zero to consoles.

Sounds like a cash grab, and unfortunate for all backers of this early access game. We funded you.