Forums dead?

TyderfTyderf Join Date: 2015-12-31 Member: 210696Members
Forums are a ghost town compared to last year what happened?

Posts from 1 year ago, 4 months ago, and last month all on the same page.

Comments

• odst21711odst21711 Join Date: 2018-12-04 Member: 245139Members
    It just kind of seems like people are creating accounts to talk about bugs tbh
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited December 2018
    Yeah, started as launch neared and just got worse from there. A few old-timers hang around.

I think the main reason is the only time you see a dev comment / response is only when there's an announcement, or (rarely) to make a single comment on a reported bug, or in response to a reported post that a mod doesn't catch in time.

I guess cause they hang on Discord and that's the primary communication method now? I really don't know cause I don't frequent the Subnautica Discord (although I am joined, I just don't check it).
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    why are all these kids running around

Git of my lawn!
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    I think the main reason is the only time you see a dev comment / response is only when there's an announcement, or (rarely) to make a single comment on a reported bug, or in response to a reported post that a mod doesn't catch in time.
    I disagree.
    I don't think it has anything at all to do with Dev response, but rather people have played the game (probably several times) and have now moved on.
    To other games.
    Forum participation may come back when we get closer to a playable version of Below Zero (or it may not, we'll see).
  • odst21711odst21711 Join Date: 2018-12-04 Member: 245139Members
    edited December 2018
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    I disagree.
    I don't think it has anything at all to do with Dev response, but rather people have played the game (probably several times) and have now moved on.
    To other games.
    Forum participation may come back when we get closer to a playable version of Below Zero (or it may not, we'll see).

Yeah, it's a great big world of games out there and a lot of people tend to move on frequently. Not to say there aren't people playing Subnautica, but I feel like they aren't interested in the forums too much either.
  • RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members
    odst21711 wrote: »

Yeah, it's a great big world of games out there and a lot of people tend to move on frequently. Not to say there aren't people playing Subnautica, but I feel like they aren't interested in the forums too much either.

Most of us preview players will remember Subnautica as a potential great game but riddled with (even game breaking) bugs from preview release to well after 1.0. And feel disapointed for ever.
  • AmadeoneAmadeone YES Join Date: 2017-05-02 Member: 230194Members
    Rbox wrote: »
    odst21711 wrote: »

Most of us preview players will remember Subnautica as a potential great game but riddled with (even game breaking) bugs from preview release to well after 1.0. And feel disapointed for ever.

I don't. Also don't tell "most of", 'cause you just don't know.
  • LavLav Minsk, Belarus Join Date: 2018-06-18 Member: 241524Members
    Subnautica is a story game, not gameplay game. Story is great, but it can only be fully experienced once. And if you remove the story from the game, basic gameplay is actually pretty simple and non-challenging. As a result all replays are more or less identical to each other, the only difference being the location of player's base and maybe some self-imposed challenges (of which there are not many - because, well, basic gameplay).

Essentially, there's nothing to discuss, and there are only so many game-related questions that are mostly answered by now.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Lav wrote: »
    Subnautica is a story game, not gameplay game. Story is great, but it can only be fully experienced once. And if you remove the story from the game, basic gameplay is actually pretty simple and non-challenging. As a result all replays are more or less identical to each other, the only difference being the location of player's base and maybe some self-imposed challenges (of which there are not many - because, well, basic gameplay).

Essentially, there's nothing to discuss, and there are only so many game-related questions that are mostly answered by now.

Easy modding access would have fixed that ^.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Console gamers don't tend to do the forum thing either, so don't expect a sudden influx from them either
  • Ak1ddAk1dd Join Date: 2018-04-11 Member: 239970Members
    edited December 2018
    accidental post but I don't see anywhere to delete. sorry
  • Scotty2HottieScotty2Hottie USA Join Date: 2018-12-14 Member: 245631Members
    I just joined the forums, so I don't believe it to be dead. But if it is then hopefully the new expansion with restore it.
  • goatlovegoatlove Join Date: 2018-12-16 Member: 245937Members
    I want to post my bug.. but must wait..
  • RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members
    edited December 2018
    Lav wrote: »

Hahaha, man this is all so untrue. SubN not a gameplay game???? Just as SubN , you need to be fixed. it's because after update 0.84, they didn't do anything about it for 9 months. Discussions on the preview game have indeed dried up. New players find that many, many things are already in the fora. Like bug reports. Hundreds of 'em.
  • masterofyeetmasterofyeet Join Date: 2019-11-25 Member: 255903Members
    All these post are from 2018 oof
  • Aurora_SurvivorAurora_Survivor Naperville Illinois Join Date: 2018-01-04 Member: 234809Members
    Got back here after a year to see how the forum was. There really was something here and it’s sad to see it disappearing. Good to Kouji_San is still here though it’s good to see you man.
  • Waffle_Gamer264Waffle_Gamer264 Join Date: 2020-01-05 Member: 256978Members
    Am I the only one that still uses this form?
  • NekrotiK_DischargeNekrotiK_Discharge Brooklyn NY Join Date: 2020-02-17 Member: 257995Members
    That reminds me of this time between the late 80's and the very late 90's when people wanted to chat about video games they would either use (in somewhat chronological order) dial up BBS', usenet and then Dial-up ISP's with their own chat groups etc.
    The life span of some of these "discussions" would go on for months, the numbers of posted comments would be sparse to some degree as it could take up to a few days for each person to respond on some boards depending on what was being used. Free dial-up BBS would have time limits per day or week, dial up ISP's could charge an hourly rate and Usenet would most likely be tied into the ISPs. Of course if you were going to a University at this time, most of them would have free internet access either via dial-up or "Lighting fast T3" connection depending on the dorm.
    Michigan State would have a large range on internet option in the early-mid 90's, Usenet being on of them.
    The thing about all of this, besides a short history on chat boards and connecting with other about gaming (and sometimes Star Trek)
    is that how much the internet has grown an become. I can't wait to see what the future holds for the internet. So, with that I want to bring this question to all of you.

Ever seen a grown man naked?
  • TaktrebaTaktreba Join Date: 2020-02-23 Member: 258233Members
    edited February 2020
    I hope the forum is not dead, because I need to tell my bag. I can not play this game (
  • CaptainFearlessCaptainFearless CO, US Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224941Members
    I hope it stays alive, I miss everyone.
  • Mr_WeeslyMr_Weesly Join Date: 2020-02-27 Member: 258325Members
    I hope it stays alive, I miss everyone.

This reminds me of a dialogue from the film "Riddick": "They are not dead as long as they are in the books (logfiles)"
    2019 I'm getting out for I die 2020 I'm playing subnautica (live fast song if you didn't get that)
    edited March 2020
    (Live fast) (it's a song)