This game is full of toxic negativity

2»

Comments

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It's pointless to try to point out the toxicity as there are too many veterans that will come out of the woodwork to proclaim "THERE IS NO TOXICITY IN NS2!!!" to defend their beloved game.

This thread being a shining example of such
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    Nordic wrote: »
    We all know how easily you are upset Mofo.

Except I'm not easily upset, that's the thing.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    Nordic wrote: »
    We all know how easily you are upset Mofo.

Except I'm not easily upset, that's the thing.

Evidence shows otherwise.
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    MoFo1 wrote: »

Everyone knows who you're on about and you're like the ONLY person to ever have this problem. Literally the singular person with beef against what were widely regarded as the best-ran NS2 servers in NA. Countless people got banned and were given second chances, came back and behaved and had fun, the fact that you didn't get that says more about you than it does anyone else.

• MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    edited January 2020
    I know I probably shouldn't even bother, but I can't help but defend myself as it feels like I'm under some sort of character attack.
    Foxy wrote: »
    Everyone knows who you're on about and you're like the ONLY person to ever have this problem. Literally the singular person with beef against what were widely regarded as the best-ran NS2 servers in NA.

Respectfully I disagree as I met plenty of people over my years in NS2 who felt the same way I did about them. Hearing someone make a comment of "that server is garbage" or "that admin abuses his power" only to have it met with a chorus of agreement was not an uncommon thing in the servers I played on.

I was just the only one to make the mistake of commenting about it on the forums.
    Foxy wrote: »
    Countless people got banned and were given second chances, came back and behaved and had fun, the fact that you didn't get that says more about you than it does anyone else.

I was never given any kind of second chance, and the reason given for the ban from that server was for something I have never done in my 5,000+ hours of NS2.

Edit: If the problem really were me, I would have faced a "corrupt admin wrongfully banning me" problem throughout my 20 some years of gaming online, but I haven't.

I've never been banned from any other NS2 server. Never been banned from any server in TF2, HL2, BF2, BF2142, BFBC1, BFBC2, BF3, BF4...

There were like 2 or 3 CoD Black Ops servers where I was temporarily banned for breaking some random rule I was unaware of (like the name "crazy mofo" being considered "inappropriate profanity") but that's quite literally it.
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    I don't know what you did / are accused of, but your behaviour on the forums leaves a poor impression. You might not be aware of it but that doesn't mean that you aren't toxic. I certainly am at least. I don't think anyone cares about my opinion, but I think that you're better than Foxy too.

Also, PM Sent might be a little too sensitive, but his house his rules. Its not like he was moderating an official server. Its his private community server.
  • ColeLuisColeLuis Florida Join Date: 2020-01-09 Member: 257064Members
    It's hard for people to focus on the biggest things.
  • NolSinklerNolSinkler On the Clorf Join Date: 2004-02-15 Member: 26560Members, Constellation
    I'm just here back from the dead to say that I came back a couple of years ago (also alpha tested NS2) and was treated like shit. I left after about 10 minutes and haven't come back. So I agree with OP, this is an issue.
  • StupidStupid Join Date: 2018-06-03 Member: 241104Members
    Toxicity expands from a low entrance price and the high troll factor of skin buyers...

The dismisal of p2w through skin camo...
    The dismisal of smurf mechanics of low enterance price...
    The dismisal of players whom buy at full price...

"No, you may not spread your misinformation and hateful messages in every thread in our forums. You are no longer welcome here." 7 years ago.

Ban on steam forums for trying to flow against these methods.

I believe the toxicity flows from within.
  • ValicanValican USA Join Date: 2020-02-07 Member: 257678Members
    I am now Tier4... but even while playing tiers 1-3, getting yelled at for being "useless" because I am a low tier. The person stated "you obviously can't aim because you are rank 2" and said "I should just focus on rebuilding RTs". Well, I am a veteran FPS player who played NS1 back in the day and only recently got NS2... my accuracy was 10% higher than his at the end of the game, had more points and better KDA. Just because someone is low rank, doesn't mean they are stupid or bad. They could just be new and are still in the process of learning the game/ranking up.

Then there was another game where I was still only Tier2 and we needed a commander. I said over voice that I could comm, but never done so. The Tier5/6s on my team said "go for it! we will walk you through!" so I did. One of the best games ever. They were patient, telling me how to build/upgrade things, how to med them faster, and overall were understanding. We won even though it was my first ever game as a commander.

It goes both ways, so don't let one toxic match ruin the game for you. Keep at it! Most veteran players I met are more than welcoming because they understand that new players = more people to play with. They don't want to alienate them and make them never want to play again. They (and I now too) want to grow the game instead of seeing it decline.