This game is full of toxic negativity

2»

Comments

  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below)Members, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Posts: 1,669 Advanced user
    It's pointless to try to point out the toxicity as there are too many veterans that will come out of the woodwork to proclaim "THERE IS NO TOXICITY IN NS2!!!" to defend their beloved game.

    This thread being a shining example of such
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Natural Selection 2. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of military strategy and advanced mathematics you won't even win a single game. Theres also the game's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the game. The maps and artwork draw heavily from Riddley Scott's Alien franchise, for instance. The players understand this stuff, they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depth of the game, to realise that it's not just great, that it also says something about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Natural Selection 2 truly ARE idiots. of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the Marines' existential catchphrase "how do I get to be so good", which itself is a cryptic reference to the high degree of intelligence required to play the game as intended. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion when spectating a game. What fools... how I pity them. And, yes, by the way, i DO have a Fade tatoo. And no, you cannot see it. it's for the ladies' eyes only, and even then they have to demonstrate that they are within 50 hive skill points of my own (preferable lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.
    Nordic
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United StatesMembers Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Posts: 729 Advanced user
    Nordic wrote: »
    We all know how easily you are upset Mofo.

    Except I'm not easily upset, that's the thing.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in KodiakMembers, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Posts: 4,771 Advanced user
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    Nordic wrote: »
    We all know how easily you are upset Mofo.

    Except I'm not easily upset, that's the thing.

    Evidence shows otherwise.
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
    YojimboNintendows
  • FoxyFoxy United KingdomMembers, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Posts: 470 Advanced user
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    ...

    Everyone knows who you're on about and you're like the ONLY person to ever have this problem. Literally the singular person with beef against what were widely regarded as the best-ran NS2 servers in NA. Countless people got banned and were given second chances, came back and behaved and had fun, the fact that you didn't get that says more about you than it does anyone else.

  • MoFo1MoFo1 United StatesMembers Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Posts: 729 Advanced user
    edited January 1
    I know I probably shouldn't even bother, but I can't help but defend myself as it feels like I'm under some sort of character attack.
    Foxy wrote: »
    Everyone knows who you're on about and you're like the ONLY person to ever have this problem. Literally the singular person with beef against what were widely regarded as the best-ran NS2 servers in NA.

    Respectfully I disagree as I met plenty of people over my years in NS2 who felt the same way I did about them. Hearing someone make a comment of "that server is garbage" or "that admin abuses his power" only to have it met with a chorus of agreement was not an uncommon thing in the servers I played on.

    I was just the only one to make the mistake of commenting about it on the forums.
    Foxy wrote: »
    Countless people got banned and were given second chances, came back and behaved and had fun, the fact that you didn't get that says more about you than it does anyone else.

    I was never given any kind of second chance, and the reason given for the ban from that server was for something I have never done in my 5,000+ hours of NS2.



    Edit: If the problem really were me, I would have faced a "corrupt admin wrongfully banning me" problem throughout my 20 some years of gaming online, but I haven't.

    I've never been banned from any other NS2 server. Never been banned from any server in TF2, HL2, BF2, BF2142, BFBC1, BFBC2, BF3, BF4...

    There were like 2 or 3 CoD Black Ops servers where I was temporarily banned for breaking some random rule I was unaware of (like the name "crazy mofo" being considered "inappropriate profanity") but that's quite literally it.
    Post edited by MoFo1 on
  • AeglosAeglos Members Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Posts: 644 Advanced user
    I don't know what you did / are accused of, but your behaviour on the forums leaves a poor impression. You might not be aware of it but that doesn't mean that you aren't toxic. I certainly am at least. I don't think anyone cares about my opinion, but I think that you're better than Foxy too.

    Also, PM Sent might be a little too sensitive, but his house his rules. Its not like he was moderating an official server. Its his private community server.
  • ColeLuisColeLuis FloridaMembers Join Date: 2020-01-09 Member: 257064Posts: 2 Fully active user
    It's hard for people to focus on the biggest things.
    Nintendows
  • NolSinklerNolSinkler On the Clorf Members, Constellation Join Date: 2004-02-15 Member: 26560Posts: 1,605
    I'm just here back from the dead to say that I came back a couple of years ago (also alpha tested NS2) and was treated like shit. I left after about 10 minutes and haven't come back. So I agree with OP, this is an issue.
    image
  • StupidStupid Members Join Date: 2018-06-03 Member: 241104Posts: 28 Advanced user
    Toxicity expands from a low entrance price and the high troll factor of skin buyers...

    The dismisal of p2w through skin camo...
    The dismisal of smurf mechanics of low enterance price...
    The dismisal of players whom buy at full price...

    "No, you may not spread your misinformation and hateful messages in every thread in our forums. You are no longer welcome here." 7 years ago.

    Ban on steam forums for trying to flow against these methods.


    I believe the toxicity flows from within.
    Nintendows
  • ValicanValican USAMembers Join Date: 2020-02-07 Member: 257678Posts: 7 Fully active user
    I am now Tier4... but even while playing tiers 1-3, getting yelled at for being "useless" because I am a low tier. The person stated "you obviously can't aim because you are rank 2" and said "I should just focus on rebuilding RTs". Well, I am a veteran FPS player who played NS1 back in the day and only recently got NS2... my accuracy was 10% higher than his at the end of the game, had more points and better KDA. Just because someone is low rank, doesn't mean they are stupid or bad. They could just be new and are still in the process of learning the game/ranking up.

    Then there was another game where I was still only Tier2 and we needed a commander. I said over voice that I could comm, but never done so. The Tier5/6s on my team said "go for it! we will walk you through!" so I did. One of the best games ever. They were patient, telling me how to build/upgrade things, how to med them faster, and overall were understanding. We won even though it was my first ever game as a commander.

    It goes both ways, so don't let one toxic match ruin the game for you. Keep at it! Most veteran players I met are more than welcoming because they understand that new players = more people to play with. They don't want to alienate them and make them never want to play again. They (and I now too) want to grow the game instead of seeing it decline.
    "The greatest mystery in life is the unknown. To solve, you must forge your own path and discover that which you do not already know." - Unknown (to be discovered)
    Kasharic
Sign In or Register to comment.