Subnautica Big Little Update Released - Subnautica

Comments

• fatal3rrfatal3rr Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255366Members
    I was playing fine just before this update but now the game will not run, it's very bugged out.

Upon launching game, I get the main screen, however, the top half of the word subnautica is missing, the ocean appears to be noclipping/glitching, none of the menu items contain descriptions, just the words, "Description here", the options panel is completely blank, and when I try to create a new game, it just has placeholder loading text and nothing ever happens. I've wiped everything, and reinstalled, same results. I verified files through steam, same results.

Did mac support just go away? Do we get our money back?
  • HermitHermit Russia, SPb Join Date: 2019-02-25 Member: 251321Members
    On Steam is not this update. My game don't updated till now.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    fatal3rr wrote: »
    I was playing fine just before this update but now the game will not run, it's very bugged out.

Upon launching game, I get the main screen, however, the top half of the word subnautica is missing, the ocean appears to be noclipping/glitching, none of the menu items contain descriptions, just the words, "Description here", the options panel is completely blank, and when I try to create a new game, it just has placeholder loading text and nothing ever happens. I've wiped everything, and reinstalled, same results. I verified files through steam, same results.

We're aware of the issues of Mac users and we're working on a fix right now.
  • matt54matt54 united states Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255374Members
    aww, my favorite part was rocking the rocket platform and being shot thousands of meters into the air and falling harmlessly back down :(
  • BaudBaud Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255376Members
    Same problem as double0mimo - cut open 3 sealed doors, could not pass through 2 out of 3. Tried every angle, but nope. PC/Steam version.
  • MarsmittyMarsmitty Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255375Members
    I appreciate the hard work and time that goes into a massive undertaking like this, but why release a huge update, when its full of bugs, crashes, and frustration...PC version is totally crapped out, no saves, cannot interact with anything, and all the mods are broken--even after reloading them. I hope the next update can stabilize all this soon. Is there a way to roll back to a previous version until all is fixed?
  • jyda21jyda21 Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255377Members
    edited November 2019
    With this update I cannot build bases and neither see them. What happen with the update?. I lost my time that me inverted to play subnautica ?. Solutions fast please.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2019
    jyda21 wrote: »
    With this update I cannot build bases and neither see them. What happen with the update?. I lost my time that me inverted to play subnautica ?. Solutions fast please.

Screenshots or video of your issues would help tremendously. As well as your system specs.
  • annirose1annirose1 Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255328Members
    help. SN won't work after update. lvnoat50d3qi.jpg
    61xhyctlemdy.jpg
    I've reinstalled. I've checked file integrity. I can check 'start new game' and Aurora screen shows 'Loading Operation Format' for ages until I force quit.please take me back in time when SN worked before update. can I get rid of update??? How do you get help?
    ~Eve
  • theverymagentapuppytheverymagentapuppy Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255331Members
    EXACT same problem here
    annirose1 wrote: »
    61xhyctlemdy.jpg
    I've reinstalled. I've checked file integrity. I can check 'start new game' and Aurora screen shows 'Loading Operation Format' for ages until I force quit.please take me back in time when SN worked before update. can I get rid of update??? How do you get help?
    ~Eve

• theverymagentapuppytheverymagentapuppy Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255331Members
    what about when it auto updates
    JacobRuby wrote: »
    Thanks, now all my mods arent working anymore... All the little things and issues mods solved and stuff added to the game are gone. I had a whole base build with mods, autosamplers, laboratory equipment, a MAP and other things making your life underwater easier keeping you playing... all gone! Very dissapointing as i put a lot of energy and resources making myself a comfy underwater home!
    Wish I wouldnt have updated. Now the game is somewhat dead to me!

You're saying it like it's UWE's fault. Mods aren't official, and you should always back up saves before changing versions. They did a good thing by fixing these bugs. What happened is unfortunate, but not their fault.
    yeah it seems to be all of mac that is broken (i'm on Mojave)
    Same issues with Mac as others. macOSCatalina 10.15.1 Cannot play game, very disappointing!

• GhostLeviathanZGhostLeviathanZ Marathon Join Date: 2019-11-07 Member: 255381Members
    edited November 2019
    You think pc runs weird sometimes, try Xbox. There is a Warper stuck in my moon-pool, a Ghost Leviathan in the giant tree cove and an endless pit in the Blood Kelp trench. PLZ fix, I almost lost my prawn and cyclops on several occasions, good thing I saved game BEFORE I went down there.
  • SegirsongSegirsong usa Join Date: 2019-11-07 Member: 255384Members
    uhm.. I can not play the game now.... I am a PC player and had just signed on after not playing for a week..
  • ClavierdepixelsClavierdepixels Malaysia Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245260Members
    It seems the new update is very buggy and I dare not risk downloading it for my PC.

When I was involved in the French translation work I noticed some non-breaking spaces in some of the later verified strings like
    SaveFailedSpace.PS4
    LoadFailedSpace.PS4

Could this somehow be a problem related to this new buggy update?
    Not to bug you but when will the mac fix be (roughly) relesed?
    Obraxis wrote: »

61xhyctlemdy.jpg
    ~Eve

This is the MacOS (or OpenGL) issue we're fixing.

As soon as we've tested the fix. ASAP.

• jyda21jyda21 Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255377Members
    Thank you ????. My problems was solved.
  • 0RAVENLOCH00RAVENLOCH0 Olathe KS Join Date: 2019-11-07 Member: 255404Members
    Will there be any new updates on the xbox?
  • MalleusMikeMalleusMike Join Date: 2019-11-06 Member: 255358Members
    Thanks for quick fix for mac, however: all glass/windows appear as opaque bright purple making windows on bases useless.
    macOSCatalina 10.15.1
    THANK YOU!!!!!
    61xhyctlemdy.jpg
    ~Eve

This is the MacOS (or OpenGL) issue we're fixing.

As soon as we've tested the fix. ASAP.

Will there be any new updates on the xbox?

We're working on new patches for console, but no ETA yet.
    Thanks for quick fix for mac, however: all glass/windows appear as opaque bright purple making windows on bases useless.
    macOSCatalina 10.15.1

We've started seeing this in our feedback. Please send us in-game feedback with a screenshot to add to our database.

• polaritypolarity UK Join Date: 2019-08-01 Member: 254032Members
    Very poorly done.

You should have released this as a beta branch for testing so that those who actually wanted it could have tested it, and mod creators could have produced their own needed updates for that, without forcing a broken, untested release on everyone, and making the game utterly unplayable for many of us without completely restarting.
    edited November 2019
    polarity wrote: »
    Very poorly done.

You should have released this as a beta branch for testing so that those who actually wanted it could have tested it, and mod creators could have produced their own needed updates for that, without forcing a broken, untested release on everyone, and making the game utterly unplayable for many of us without completely restarting.

We did, this Engine Upgrade has been on the public beta experimental branch on steam for a year.
  • Phantom_GamerPhantom_Gamer Join Date: 2019-11-08 Member: 255422Members
    Will there be any major update like adding something new to the story or something on those lines or will you guys be just working on Subnautica Below Zero?
  • WhoTnTWhoTnT Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248508Members
    edited November 2019
    I've updated the VR Enhancements mod to work with the latest version of Subnautica. I haven't tested it fully but everything seems to be working as before. https://www.nexusmods.com/subnautica/mods/173/?tab=files&jump_to_comment=67443616

I'm really disappointed that the Subnautica update didn't fix the terrible performance issues in VR though. Still getting less than 60 fps in most places.
  • WhoTnTWhoTnT Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248508Members
    Revl wrote: »
    Am I seeing this right? The janky horizon in VR appears to be fixed! Well done! Also, subjectively VR performance feels better. You guys rock!

The horizon fix was one of the first things I noticed. My VR performance is still terrible though. Another thing I noticed was the dynamic shadows of Kelp and other objects on the sea floor. I don't remember seeing those before.
    If you were using my VR mod previously, I've just updated it to work with this new version. https://www.nexusmods.com/subnautica/mods/173/?tab=files&jump_to_comment=67443616
  • MoretarnMoretarn Join Date: 2019-11-08 Member: 255432Members
    I am also unable to pass through cut doors now, making a lot of wrecks off limits.
  • SegirsongSegirsong usa Join Date: 2019-11-07 Member: 255384Members
    well I am not on steam, I got this thru epic. Last night I tried again. I still can not play. here are some things I noticed. all the balladerfish are dead as are the boomerang, they are just floating. I can not get any tooltip info when I click or hover over items in my inventory. I can not move items around on my fast bar. also where did the option to disable grass go???? Now info on my system/ game. I have revalidated the file 3 times thru epic I had NO issues before this update. I am a pc user.
    If you're having the issue with not being able to get through cut doors, quit your game then email us your saved game folder.

It should be a folder called slotXXXX (X being numbers) and lives in your Subnautica folder, SNAppData\SavedGames.
    Please Email to subnautica-support@unknownworlds.com - you can Zip, RAR it up or throw it on your Google Drive with a shareable link.