Sea truck upgrades and modules

RuinsageRuinsage Join Date: 2019-02-10 Member: 250762Members
The current model with modules that have next to no functionality compared to their size is quite underwhelming. I was pretty surprised to see the craft module actually consist of an empty module with a single crafting station on the wall..

Instead, one could make empty modules with 2-4 upgrade slots each, which could then be set to be either storage, energy production, fish gathering etc.

Comments

• AltaziAltazi Join Date: 2019-01-16 Member: 248807Members
    I was likewise unpleasantly surprised to discover the infinitesimal amount of storage available in the storage module. It should be at least 4x the present amount. The aquarium module is similarly crippled in its capacity. Plus, there should have been SOME storage in the fabrication module, as well.
  • RuinsageRuinsage Join Date: 2019-02-10 Member: 250762Members
    I seriously do not understand the devs love of lockers. It's literally the worst aspect of the game.

There is zero reason why storage can't be vehicle or base wide, nor is there any reason why fabricators can't access said storage.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    I kinda love lockers, and the storage module makes me giddy with all its little nooks and crannies. It's like if you go camping!

BUT, I do agree the storage capacity is below what I'd expect of a storage module (someone on Steam pointed out its less than the locker in the Drop Pod; 38 vs 48), not to mention the limitations on items above the 2x2 range. Which surprised me because this discussion happened before with the Cyclops's in-built lockers, with the end result being they got a little more capacity and 3x3 friendly shape.

Also, the space across the fabricator is plain taunting.

For fabricating in general, I like the current manual system, but I could see having a dedicated storage/fabricator room work as an upgrade-but-not-replacement. That way, you can at least simplify the process. And I personally still want a recycler; if we can un-build bases, why not items? (I'd make me no longer mad about the ion batteries too.)

As such, I can see one of the following work to do the fabricator module one better:
    • Add a recycler opposite of it.
    • Give the module storage space the fabricator can draw from.
    • Add a modification station opposite of it. (Might cause gating problems.)
    I don't see a reason why we can't have both.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Ruinsage wrote: »

What both?

• lordpuglordpug UK Join Date: 2019-03-10 Member: 251655Members
    or posibaly we can have an energy module like a bioreactor, solar panels.ect
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    Ruinsage wrote: »

What both?

Lockers and centralized storage.
  • lordpuglordpug UK Join Date: 2019-03-10 Member: 251655Members
    lordpug wrote: »
    or possibly we can have an energy module like a bioreactor, solar panels.ect
    I think this is useful as the Cyclops was a great mobile base but, you always have to make more power cells[ unless you have the cyclops thermal reactor] so it would be an improvement especially as overtime technology advances.
  • BoffBoff Sweden Join Date: 2018-08-12 Member: 242804Members
    I love this little wagon...it's exactly what I asked for....*ahem*
    https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/154928/supersizing-the-seamoth-central-carriage-upgrade-aka-the-medium-sized-sub
    ..... especially when all the engine upgrades and you get the speed back up.

feedback time!

- Storage module lacks decent storage capacity (just to reiterate)
    - fabricator module has a bench that is neither storage or can you sit there and rest.
    - fabricator module has a blank wall (more upgrades? is it for panels and toggles maybe?)
    - fabricator module probably should have a trashcan.
    - fabricator module what ^ Drowned Out ^ said - if it's in a locker, the fabricator has access to it.
    - Sleeper module seems redundant (why sleep) but it is cosy and with a juke-box? but since we don't need radio anymore.
    - Modules have a battery slot to give independent energy for oxygen production, and whatever function that module does (fish scooping/fabricating).
    - Generator Module for recharging power -I see is an upgrade for heat collection in favro but as ^ LordPug ^ said dedicated module with Solar panels, biomass trashcan, and can soak up the heat. HAS slots for battery charging.
    - Structural integrity Shielding Module - continual repairs but drains power to do so. HAS slots for power-cells for extra capacity.
    - Sensors Module. Really. Sensors.