Cyclops won't start

Silverfire12Silverfire12 Join Date: 2018-04-30 Member: 240438Members
edited February 2019 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
I've tried everything and no matter what I do, I cannot start the cyclops. I've tried mapping other keys, I've tried clicking all over the start engine icon, I've verified the integrity of the files, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, I've started many save files, I've tried each resolution- both in full screen and windowed- I've tried replacing the power cells, I've tried different fields of view, I've tried both spawning in and creating a cyclops, but I still can't start it. I'm playing the September 2018 build, and I'm on a Macbook Air, which is up to date on everything.

Is there anything I can do? Or am I destined to have to use cheats to reliably get down to the depths of the game? I really love the game and I really want to actually finish it, but this bug prevents me from doing it. The Prawn Suit can't withstand attacks from the ghost leviathans and sea dragons- believe me, I've tried- and the seamoth can only go so deep.

Comments

• webmasterblastwebmasterblast tbd Join Date: 2019-02-06 Member: 250497Members
    I really don't want this to be your problem... but does it have power?
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    oh yay, how far into the game are you? do you have power cell chargers? IS THE POWER DEAD?????
  • Silverfire12Silverfire12 Join Date: 2018-04-30 Member: 240438Members
    edited February 2019
    Um, I've put 150 hours in and I've done three of the lab/bases (the island one, the one in the hole with the pink jellyfish things, and the one where there's the blue vines with blood) And it is charged- that was the first thing I checked lol. I've tried making new power cells and placing them in the sub but still nothing. I just went in and tried it again and still absolutely nothing.
  • AltaziAltazi Join Date: 2019-01-16 Member: 248807Members
    I'm not certain what you meant when you said you were clicking the engine icon. There should be four engine icons, with the top icon selecting 'engine off'. The next three select engine speeds. You need to select a speed to enable the engine. Apologies if you have already done this.
    The engine won't power on at all, so I can't select a speed unfortunately.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    If you use the console and spawn yourself a Cyclops with
    sub cyclops

does the new Cyclops start? (Don't worry about your saved game, you can undo any changes by simply not saving on exit).
    Nope. Still absolutely nothing. I tried testing out the horn as well and that didn’t work. It’s like the HUD doesn’t register commands
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    Can you delete the save and a make a new world?(I had a similar problem once but didn't post it dew to my trying this)
    Already tried that. Heck, I’ve tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. I’ve made it from scratch, I’ve spawned one in, and I’ve gotten one made in creative and still nothing.
    OK, may be time to accept the fact you may be screwed and have to play the game, without the 40-foot sub for one.((SPOILER) that's the achievement)
    Well... at least it’s here so the developers can know about it. I’m saving up for a new gaming specific laptop so I’m hoping that it’s just something that is computer specific.
    sounds good, but if it doesn't work, then your in strange water... get it? Water? LOL!!!
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Try using an external mouse? Do you have Windows on BootCamp? If so, you can just use it that way.
  • GoldenApplesGoldenApples norway Join Date: 2017-09-09 Member: 232914Members
    edited February 2019
    something you can try it to remove all of the power cells then re-add it.
    or you could try damage the cyclops and see if it begins to burn and than extinguish the fire and repair it.

is there any other with mac that have the same problem ?

i currently have the same build as you and my cyclops work fine (i have windows 10 64 bit)
  • CochonouCochonou France Join Date: 2019-01-19 Member: 249024Members
    There has been a fix in the main branch recently:

/main 2019-01-11 23:42:17 Hector Medina Turn in fix for fixing issues related to power. This has fixed the cyclops doors not responding to dockable vehicles. This may have also fixed the player being unable to dock vehiclesin the moonpool and the player not being able to power up the cyclops.

It might fix your problem in the next patch release, if we are lucky.
  • minunblackminunblack Oklahoma Join Date: 2019-11-01 Member: 255254Members
    I figured it out. You have to press the "a" button on the controller and not Lt
  • deamon_kingdeamon_king Join Date: 2020-04-24 Member: 260349Members
    Minusblack u fucking genius, thank u so much
  • AxoprismAxoprism Join Date: 2020-08-17 Member: 263338Members
    Oh my goodness I had the same problem as I am on PC, but I finally figured it out. In short, your mouse moves while you play, it's not in the middle of the screen. Put your cursor so the focus circle is over the engine off fan button, hit escape to open the menu until your mouse is in the middle, then exit out of the menu and click on it. It finally worked for me. Hope this helps! Really wish they would make the "safe zone" lock to the middle of the screen so this isn't a problem for pc users.
  • firstzeefirstzee Indonesian Join Date: 2020-08-21 Member: 263466Members
    Let me ask,did u download it arent from steam?cuz its seems happen to me to
  • firstzeefirstzee Indonesian Join Date: 2020-08-21 Member: 263466Members
    Here the solutions,move ur mouse to the engine then press f3 then press the engine ith left mouse