Feel the need to complain about something ingame? Do it here!

2»

Comments

• DragoXqwasDragoXqwas Join Date: 2018-12-28 Member: 247435Members
    So I was out looking for a good cave system in Shallows, and all of a sudden this glitch comes where I can see through rock and go through it because it wasn't rendered completely. This made me almost get stuck a couple times because it rendered over me. The same thing also happened with the back Aurora thruster(I almost got trapped inside because I didn't know you were supposed to come from the front. Additionally, the Aurora makes my PC lag(I only have UHD gfx 620+i3-8130U) So does anyone have any advice about how to stop the rendering glitches and make the aurora less laggy
  • AltaziAltazi Join Date: 2019-01-16 Member: 248807Members
    I was excited to find the duffelbags aboard the Aurora wreck. My inventory was near full, so I offloaded a number of items and filled the duffelbag - only to discover that I couldn't lift and carry the filled duffelbag. Doesn't this seem insanely wrong, being unable to carry a filled duffelbag? Isn't that the WHOLE POINT for having a duffelbag? May I request that this please be changed to how it works in the real world?
    I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I am currently on my sixth Seamoth. I am tempted to change its name from 'Seamoth VI' to 'ReaperBait'. The reinforced hull and electric field defense don't seem to be very useful against even smaller predators.

If I am going to keep losing my Seamoths, it would be nice if I could at least retrieve ALL of the materials that went into crafting them. I feel as if I am spending too much time scrounging for materials for more Seamoths. I shudder to think of losing my Cyclops for this reason.

Just my thoughts . . .
  • ej1737ej1737 San Antonio TX Join Date: 2019-01-17 Member: 248864Members
    So in my game (I play on Xbox) I still have the early access and as far as it looks full game is still not here? I enjoy subnautica a lot and would love to purchase below zero when it comes out however I will not do that if my current subnautica is not even fully released not to mention a bug that covers my entire screen and makes it black to were I can not see but also a bug where I can not save my game at all so please fix this. However as of right now I do not plan on getting below zero because these well probably only return in it as well

Sincerely EJ
  • AmadeoneAmadeone YES Join Date: 2017-05-02 Member: 230194Members
    ej1737 wrote: »
    So in my game (I play on Xbox) I still have the early access and as far as it looks full game is still not here? I enjoy subnautica a lot and would love to purchase below zero when it comes out however I will not do that if my current subnautica is not even fully released not to mention a bug that covers my entire screen and makes it black to were I can not see but also a bug where I can not save my game at all so please fix this. However as of right now I do not plan on getting below zero because these well probably only return in it as well

Sincerely EJ

There was full release for Xbox some time ago. Maybe your game isn't updated?
  • riposterriposter NorCA Join Date: 2019-01-19 Member: 249030Members
    Between my buggy moonpool I can't dock in, loosing my seamoth to aggressive fauna in open water, and then loosing my new upgrade modules as I drop them instead of installing them into my freshly rebuilt seamoth... I'm at my wits end. But still jonesing to play strangely enough. Guess I need to suck it up. Sorry...just here to vent.

p.s. the Grav Trap should really be able to pickup anything you can put in inventory...like vehicle upgrade modules.
    The Seamoth electric field defense mod doesn't seem to keep any fauna away. If anything, it seems to attract bonesharks. While I didn't expect the electric defense to be good against reaper leviathans, I did expect it to work on sandsharks and bonesharks. Come on, guys!
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Altazi wrote: »
    The Seamoth electric field defense mod doesn't seem to keep any fauna away. If anything, it seems to attract bonesharks. While I didn't expect the electric defense to be good against reaper leviathans, I did expect it to work on sandsharks and bonesharks. Come on, guys!

You must select it (1-4 or DPad) and activate it by either clicking (burst) or holding down then releasing (charge up)
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

You must select it (1-4 or DPad) and activate it by either clicking (burst) or holding down then releasing (charge up)

Hmm. Thanks. I am playing on the PC. CTRL toggles the exterior lights. I will try pressing 1-4 tosee if I can make this work. Damned bonesharks, anyway.
  • jashcraft87jashcraft87 New jersey Join Date: 2018-12-27 Member: 247360Members
    I'd like to be able to just play the game at all on my Xbox One. Ever since I bought and downloaded it, it always freezes up on the main menu. I bought it on Christmas. Been almost a month and cant even play the game....

Hmm. Thanks. I am playing on the PC. CTRL toggles the exterior lights. I will try pressing 1-4 tosee if I can make this work. Damned bonesharks, anyway.

OK, I reinstalled the electric field defense mod and discovered that pressing '4' toggled it on or off. If there is a difference between the 'on' mode and the 'off' mode, it is so subtle as to be unnoticeable. This feature seems worthless. Does anyone have any difference experience with it.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members

OK, I reinstalled the electric field defense mod and discovered that pressing '4' toggled it on or off. If there is a difference between the 'on' mode and the 'off' mode, it is so subtle as to be unnoticeable. This feature seems worthless. Does anyone have any difference experience with it.

LEL

It's a weapon. Like the Stasis Rifle. Select makes it available (in case you had, for example, the Torpedo mod installed also, so you could select which you wanted to fire).

Now, with the Perimeter Defense in, press the button that you use to break rocks / swing knife / interact with. That's short burst. Now try holding it down. That's charged burst. You can use this on a Reaper's face and he will run away with his tail between his legs.
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    Geez, yalls got A LOT of complaints, I Just want when the warper warps you get a sense of where it's warping to that's all.
    I'm fighting one because it looked at me and it teleported behind me, but i didn't know where it went because i couldn't see a possible location, not asking for this to be changed (Actually i pretty much am) But this is really annoying.
  • The_SongThe_Song Join Date: 2019-01-25 Member: 249361Members
    I wish the entire map had one connected "grid" for building bases.

I tried to connect 2 small bases (one was deeper than the other but but had almost the same horizontal location) only to find each base had it's own building "grid", and they couldn't connect.

I had to completely dismantle and rebuild one of the bases, then eat through 2 whole batteries repairing the base (I physically could not maintian the structural integrity while restructuring), and I don't even have the means if recharging batteries yet.
  • MazzyMazzy Australia Join Date: 2018-03-11 Member: 238890Members

Just an FYI every time you exit out of your seamoth the "Defense Perimeter System" deactivates so as soon as you get back into your seamoth always reactivate it so you are ready for trouble. It has saved me from reapers dozens of times now. It does not work against other electrical entity's such as crab squids or those electric eel things i have found.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    edited February 2019

Just so we're perfectly clear, pressing whichever numerical key corresponds to its placement arms the field, but you have to click the mouse (or hold the mouse button for a bigger blast) in order to actually fire the weapon. It's not automatic at all, but even a brief click will make a Reaper let go.
  • Syntactical01Syntactical01 Join Date: 2019-02-03 Member: 250227Members
    Please make it easier to build in more spots again. When I first but the first subnautica it was easy to build on a lot of spots. Almost anywhere I tried to build it was green and I could go ahead and build there. Now it is super hard to build in a lot of spots (especially the shallows). I assume this fix was to prevent players from removing chunks of the map from building a base (which broke the game) but it makes the building experience a lot worst and ruins a big chunk of the game.
  • MaxAstroMaxAstro Join Date: 2005-07-07 Member: 55451Members
    ~reads first post~

ADD THE ROCK PUN- Oh. Huh. :P
  • HippnoticHippnotic Join Date: 2018-11-11 Member: 244646Members
    Easier way to use my quick slots. Please? I'm on Xbox.

The fact whatever you assign just goes to the first slot is a pain. Having to frantically move my thumb off the stick to the dpad to get my stasis rifle or seaglide.

Idk.. I feel the controls could've been mapped better on your side. Far as default.

Been toying with move up and down on my sticks, Sprint on LB. But, the more I toy with the controls. Something's contradicts something else into not working/working properly..

My 2 cents
  • BenkyoBenkyo Join Date: 2019-02-04 Member: 250356Members
    The one and only teeny tiny complaint I have is that I wish they had gone for free-dive future-tech instead of weird air tank future-tech.

The way the game plays could easily be made to mesh with the idea of free-diving, holding your breath for X seconds. Add implant tech that enhances the duration and scrubs air bubbles from your bloodstream and voila, you have a much more intuitive and comprehensible future-tech explanation of the in-game mechanisms.

As it is, we have future-tech air tanks that hold a few minutes of air, are refilled almost instantly, function pretty much the same way at 1000 m as at 10 m, no bends due to air bubble expansion in your joints and bones, and no explanation of how any of this is supposed to work or why.

Oh, and:
    Immobile lifeboat beacon on display after reload when lifeboat beacon icon is disabled.
    Brine obscuring Cyclops HUD.
    Silent running draining battery from immobile (unoccupied) Cyclops (yeah, this surprised me!)

All that said, fantastic game! Best exploration and crafting game I've ever played.
  • triffidtriffid Join Date: 2019-02-04 Member: 250366Members
    edited February 2019
    Robyn. Note: nothing to do with gender. Sam (Vespa) is a-ok.
    Is she an exploratory scientist/researcher or a snarky, inner city gal who got lost on her way back from starbucks and somehow wound up having to do chores for some company outfit?
    'Ive just got to get off this planet because coachella is on in two days. God forbid that my employer asks me to do something again.' Imagine having to listen to a Kardashian the entire game.

Effing woeful guys. Totally out of place. (should say, Subnautica was a masterpiece of work. Thank you)
  • VoluspaVoluspa Old Earth Join Date: 2019-02-04 Member: 250375Members
    I love the game, and really only have two complaints.

1) I've finished :(

2) The glaring flare of light from the water filtering machine when you enter a room. I'm light sensitive and that particular bright sparkle is kind of painful and seem unnecessary. I haven't noticed the same issue with the ore drilling or electric sparkles in wrecks, funnily enough. So while I have loads of things I could wish for in game, that's the one thing I'd like to see removed.
  • WaterBatmanWaterBatman UK Join Date: 2019-01-11 Member: 248543Members
    Ive just about had all I can take with the ridiculous glitching outside the cyclops issue. It's actually giving me anxiety now not knowing when im randomly going to appear outside it, will it be on top, or below, or walking on top as if im outside the water. How something like this got into version one I do not know. It's insane.
    It's a weapon. Like the Stasis Rifle. Select makes it available (in case you had, for example, the Torpedo mod installed also, so you could select which you wanted to fire).

Now, with the Perimeter Defense in, press the button that you use to break rocks / swing knife / interact with. That's short burst. Now try holding it down. That's charged burst. You can use this on a Reaper's face and he will run away with his tail between his legs.

Thanks! I was able to successfully fire the electric defense field, but ouch! What a power drain! I was thinking that the electric defense was a deterrent, something that was constantly active once it was turned on. I'm on my second playthrough - this time I am going to put an ion powercell into the Seamoth as early as I can.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Thanks! I was able to successfully fire the electric defense field, but ouch! What a power drain! I was thinking that the electric defense was a deterrent, something that was constantly active once it was turned on. I'm on my second playthrough - this time I am going to put an ion powercell into the Seamoth as early as I can.

I'm legit happy for you that you got this to work. The game becomes a lot less worrisome at this point-- at least until it's time to leave the Lost River...

OK, I admit that I have OCD tendencies, but in addition to having a 'snap to grid' function when using the habitat builder (so things remain orthogonally aligned & evenly spaced), it would be great if things such as wall lockers actually attached to the wall, instead of floating a few inches away from it.
    edited February 2019
    DragoXqwas wrote: »
    So I was out looking for a good cave system in Shallows, and all of a sudden this glitch comes where I can see through rock and go through it because it wasn't rendered completely. This made me almost get stuck a couple times because it rendered over me. The same thing also happened with the back Aurora thruster(I almost got trapped inside because I didn't know you were supposed to come from the front. Additionally, the Aurora makes my PC lag(I only have UHD gfx 620+i3-8130U) So does anyone have any advice about how to stop the rendering glitches and make the aurora less laggy

With those specs, it's probably best if you close all running programs before playing Subnautica. Other than that... I'd suggest adding a GPU and putting Subnautica on an SSD, but I'm guessing the U in 8130U means you're on a laptop. You can probably put an SSD in, in that case, but not a GPU. Additionally, turn some of your settings down and/or reduce the resolution to a comparable aspect ratio if you haven't already.