Refunds?

Stubb063Stubb063 Join Date: 2018-03-30 Member: 239641Members
At what point do we start talking about refunds? I got the latest update hoping it'd at least get to finish out the lava zone. And I may be able to do that, but it's going to be absolutely miserable as my prawn is extremely difficult to pilot with all the lagging I'm experiencing.

But I look at the issues I'm having, and looking around the forums at the issues everyone else is having, and really starting to think everyone just deserves their money back at this point. This obviously isn't even remotely a finished product, and I have zero confidence it's going to become one any time soon.

Refund our money and either go back to selling it as a pre-release until you get a real release ready....or just abandon the console ports if it doesn't look like it's going to get ready.

Either way, I think it's starting to border on immoral to sell the current product under the guise as being "finished".

Comments

• Kanabyss83Kanabyss83 United States Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245358Members
    Yeah when you notice that the same problems exist with the game going back to 2016, then you can worry.
  • danodano United States Join Date: 2018-10-27 Member: 244380Members
    Also pisses me off that there has been ZERO feedback from the developers.
  • rileycoates13rileycoates13 United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-12-25 Member: 247109Members
    Xbox has early access. Early access means the game is not even barely finished yet. Quit crying. Its your fault for buying a "unfinished Product".
  • Kanabyss83Kanabyss83 United States Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245358Members
    These are issues with the full release of the game, not the preview.
  • rileycoates13rileycoates13 United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-12-25 Member: 247109Members
    still, may other games have bugs.
    edited January 2019
    When was the last time you had to stop and let the environment render, or fallen through the ground or couldn't save in a video game? I understand new games have kinks they need to work out but this goes way beyond that. These issues make the game almost impossible to play. Also it's a single player game meaning the devs didn't need to worry about the multi player side which is usually what causes most new game issues. Server crap and all that, from what I've seen anyway.
  • DrillsergDrillserg United States Join Date: 2019-01-02 Member: 247831Members
    So I bought this game a month ago and still haven't been able to play. I turn the game on press start at the start menu and it opens the next menu where you can select play or options only thing is I can't do anything I can't move the selection and I can't press play even tho it's highlighted. I waited for this next Xbox patch hopeing it would solve my problem but it hasn't. Now I see y'all are working on future updates when there's people like me that spent money and still can't even play the game that seems a bit ridiculous to me.
  • Epidemic989Epidemic989 Pennsylvania Join Date: 2019-01-28 Member: 249510Members
    Drillserg wrote: »
    So I bought this game a month ago and still haven't been able to play. I turn the game on press start at the start menu and it opens the next menu where you can select play or options only thing is I can't do anything I can't move the selection and I can't press play even tho it's highlighted. I waited for this next Xbox patch hopeing it would solve my problem but it hasn't. Now I see y'all are working on future updates when there's people like me that spent money and still can't even play the game that seems a bit ridiculous to me.

The game take me anywhere from 5 to 13 minutes to load. you may not be waiting long enough. Now that being said... that kind of wait is a bit ridiculous.

• Stubb063Stubb063 Join Date: 2018-03-30 Member: 239641Members
    Kanabyss83 wrote: »

Exactly.

And I'm not even suggesting I should be eligible for a refund. I paid for it when it was still in pre-release and was able to update to the "full" release for free. Although I could argue that I paid for the pre-release with the intent of eventually getting a fully working version (as it was promised when I bought the pre-release), I'm personally fine with not getting a refund.

I'm speaking more for the poor souls who bought the game outright after it was labeled as being complete, which it so obviously is not. If I bought a full retail version of a game that was this buggy, I'd be livid.
  • DrillsergDrillserg United States Join Date: 2019-01-02 Member: 247831Members
    Iv literally let the thing sit for hrs stareing at the open ocean and the word subnautica in big bold I'm unable to do anything from there that is not worth a 30 dollar price tag and genuinly I just want to play the game that's why I've waited a month for another update to try yet again to get it to work but still no fix for whatever this nonsense bug is I wish there was a direct email instead of just forums
  • RevricoRevrico United States Join Date: 2018-12-09 Member: 245393Members
    Drillserg wrote: »
    Iv literally let the thing sit for hrs stareing at the open ocean and the word subnautica in big bold I'm unable to do anything from there that is not worth a 30 dollar price tag and genuinly I just want to play the game that's why I've waited a month for another update to try yet again to get it to work but still no fix for whatever this nonsense bug is I wish there was a direct email instead of just forums

Have you done a hard reset yet? Uninstalled and reinstalled the game?
    Stubb063 wrote: »
    Kanabyss83 wrote: »

Exactly.

And I'm not even suggesting I should be eligible for a refund. I paid for it when it was still in pre-release and was able to update to the "full" release for free. Although I could argue that I paid for the pre-release with the intent of eventually getting a fully working version (as it was promised when I bought the pre-release), I'm personally fine with not getting a refund.

I'm speaking more for the poor souls who bought the game outright after it was labeled as being complete, which it so obviously is not. If I bought a full retail version of a game that was this buggy, I'd be livid.

fallout 76 made this game look like a diamond, and that was a (supposedly) high budget release with a far larger market than this. We happy few also comes to mind as a recent problem release.

I bought this in preview, it was buggy but playable. Launch sucked with the resources not spawning, but they were quick to patch it, and seeing them actually interact with the public on occasion is more than I can say for a lot of larger developers.

Since the resource patch, I did an entire play through, no problems, no crashes, 2 falls through the world in the aurora being the extent of issues I've personally seen on my Xbox one X. GTAV and Forza Horizon 4 regularly provide bigger problems for me, and they're far larger studios with far larger budgets and way more experienced on the hardware. That's not to say others aren't having problems, but there are some steps that could be taken as barebones troubleshooting that would most likely fix their problems people are either too lazy or too uninformed to do. A hard console reset takes all of 20 minutes. Uninstalling and reinstalling takes a bit longer sure, but isn't a huge deal. A hard reset in particular is just good for the system every now and then, and the amount of things it fixes is pretty impressive, even things you may not have noticed before they worked themselves out. (I'm an achievement Hunter, I spend lots of time going back and forth between games, and spend way to much time on my console. But there are so many things that run smoother, or perform better in so many games after a hard reset that I can't recommend it enough, even on newer consoles).

There is also the issue of Microsoft Indy support. It sucks, and is extremely hit and miss across developers. The problems with mutant football league game preview bonuses are a good sample of Microsoft just delaying fixes and patches for no real reason, to the point you were being dlc quicker as a new purchase than a preview member who was supposed to get it at launch. Just seeing how difficult they make things sometimes for consumers, I can only imagine how frustrating it can be for developers.

I would argue there already is a "fully working version", but the fact they're still working on patches and providing support means it will come. At least they haven't just cut us off like so many many developers before.
  • madsaucemadsauce San Francisco Join Date: 2013-06-02 Member: 185442Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica PT Lead
    @Drillserg , can you try the following and make sure you've disconnected any wired controllers that you're not intending to use(e.g. Guitar Hero accessory).
    1. Go home and use menu button to quit Subnautica
    2. signing out of your profile and disconnecting all of your controllers.
    3. Connect one controller and sign in
    4. Launch SN

There is a bug that we have a fix for and will be getting out very soon, this workaround has been helpful for those with the bug. We're really sorry about this. If you have any other issues please check the Bug Reporting forum and post there if you don't see something helpful.
  • GanvaiGanvai Join Date: 2019-01-30 Member: 249760Members
    edited January 2019
    Have to say, I am also very disappointed by the state the game is in. The poor performance on Xbox One X was already pretty anyoing (honestly guys, why cant we have a performance mode with more frames and not that half 4k res).

(Deleted the rest because this was not a problem of the game but of Microsofts awesome xbox live service)

Still, please give us a performance mode for Xbox One X. :D
  • Talyn125Talyn125 USA Join Date: 2019-02-06 Member: 250511Members
    I wouldn't think so much that a refund is necessary, but after restarting the game 5+ times, I continue to run into game breaking problems - including losing multiple hours worth of play after the game failed to save my progress -- and then finding I need to redo things. On my last attempt to load, the game synched my data with the MS cloud, and my progress for 3 hours was lost. All I'd ask for is an assurance the devs are aware of what I've seen and are working on a fix -- hopefully providing an estimated date of when the bugs have been resolved, so I can try again.

As it is now, I have a broken game which I spent good money on and it clearly has problems. All signs are that the devs have moved on to Below Zero.

If instead the game is truly and irrevocably broken, then provide us with a refund.
  • Shawnix85Shawnix85 Canada Join Date: 2019-02-20 Member: 251113Members
    I agree with everyone. After so long the full release has been out it still has game breaking bugs that force me to restart from the beginning.
  • GrimswoldGrimswold Join Date: 2019-03-21 Member: 251879Members
    madsauce wrote: »
    @Drillserg , can you try the following and make sure you've disconnected any wired controllers that you're not intending to use(e.g. Guitar Hero accessory).
    1. Go home and use menu button to quit Subnautica
    2. signing out of your profile and disconnecting all of your controllers.
    3. Connect one controller and sign in
    4. Launch SN

There is a bug that we have a fix for and will be getting out very soon, this workaround has been helpful for those with the bug. We're really sorry about this. If you have any other issues please check the Bug Reporting forum and post there if you don't see something helpful.

"Very" soon?