Per Team Skills

124»

Comments

• moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts Posts: 4,213 Advanced user
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,689 Advanced user
    edited October 2018
    giphy.gif
    Post edited by Nordic on
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
    IronHorse.trixX.BeigeAlert
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members Posts: 830 Advanced user
    56ahlyevexav.gif
    NO Cyril, when they're dead they're just hookers!
    Nordic
  • NousWandererNousWanderer Join Date: 2010-05-07 Member: 71646Members Posts: 254 Advanced user
    Are per team skills being added alongside an adjustment to the vanilla shuffle algorithm? Or the shine algorithm? I'm curious about how they're going to be used for balancing rounds.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,689 Advanced user
    How will shine shuffle with this new information?
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
  • NintendowsNintendows Join Date: 2016-11-07 Member: 223716Members, Squad Five Blue Posts: 351 Advanced user
    Nordic wrote: »
    How will shine shuffle with this new information?

However Shine wants!
    Since the forums are dead because of discord, I wanted to share those who still watch here, that per team skills are implemented in the back end and collecting data.
    VetinariResistor
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter Posts: 766 Advanced user
    What is this place
    Nordic
  • NintendowsNintendows Join Date: 2016-11-07 Member: 223716Members, Squad Five Blue Posts: 351 Advanced user
    What is this place

who are you
  • skav2skav2 Join Date: 2007-05-28 Member: 61037Members, Reinforced - Gold Posts: 181 Advanced user
    Nintendows wrote: »
    What is this place

who are you

Who am I?
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 1,593 Advanced user
    WHAT YEAR IS IT???!!!!
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Natural Selection 2. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of military strategy and advanced mathematics you won't even win a single game. Theres also the game's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the game. The maps and artwork draw heavily from Riddley Scott's Alien franchise, for instance. The players understand this stuff, they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depth of the game, to realise that it's not just great, that it also says something about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Natural Selection 2 truly ARE idiots. of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the Marines' existential catchphrase "how do I get to be so good", which itself is a cryptic reference to the high degree of intelligence required to play the game as intended. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion when spectating a game. What fools... how I pity them. And, yes, by the way, i DO have a Fade tatoo. And no, you cannot see it. it's for the ladies' eyes only, and even then they have to demonstrate that they are within 50 hive skill points of my own (preferable lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.
    What is love?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts Posts: 2,819 admin
    Since the forums are dead because of discord, I wanted to share those who still watch here, that per team skills are implemented in the back end and collecting data.

The changes haven't been rolled out yet but we plan to do so in the next week.
    Developer, Modder and Server Admin of Survival of the Fattest - Ingame Nick: Ghoul
    skav2NordicSupaFred
  • skav2skav2 Join Date: 2007-05-28 Member: 61037Members, Reinforced - Gold Posts: 181 Advanced user
    Cant wait to see my marine score tank but alien score be decent.

The changes haven't been rolled out yet but we plan to do so in the next week.

Wasabi lied!
    skav2 wrote: »
    Cant wait to see my marine score tank but alien score be decent.

That's actually to be expected, since current balance heavily favours aliens for the average player.
    Nordic
124»