Subnautica Xbox Update 1.0.0.30 Released - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageSubnautica Xbox Update 1.0.0.30 Released - Subnautica

Subnautica has just received an update on Xbox One! 1.0.0.30 improves stability & performance, and kills bugs. It is another in our sequence of rapid-fire post-release updates. We still have...

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump to open ye olde comment thread ✅
  • jblack143jblack143 Waynesboro Join Date: 2018-12-13 Member: 245571Members
    It's downloading now. I'll give you feedback after i play. I'm hopeful
  • kyle101kyle101 Ontario Join Date: 2018-12-18 Member: 246176Members
    Multiplayer in the future plz❤️
  • kyle101kyle101 Ontario Join Date: 2018-12-18 Member: 246176Members
    Would be a great experience with even 1 friend
  • VeNOM3099VeNOM3099 Canada Join Date: 2018-12-18 Member: 246178Members
    Awesome! Now what about the missing fish and resource nodes?? Re-started this game recently and wow... No more fish, barely any resource nodes (limestone, sandstone), almost non-existant metal salvage deposits (there used to be TONS of them in the reed beds where there used to be TONS of stalkers). Am I missing something???
  • RedWrathRedWrath Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245504Members
    edited December 2018
    Cyclops’ engines won’t start. Nothing while piloting the Cyclops works. Thanks for the updates. Keep em coming.
  • ocamdocamd Join Date: 2018-12-17 Member: 246049Members
    edited December 2018
    I hope dev commands back, just today I had a new prawn glitch through the terrain. While I agree co- op would be nice the performance just isn't there for even one person. It also feels like PS4 is the new priority when I patiently waited through preview just to have the same or worse bugs in release. In many ways much less features. We have no console commands, all video options removed, same sluggish behavior, same clipping issue, no autosave options, just to list a few. It wasn't nice to immediately have to start another save on release because of no fish or nodes. The team stated they brought another team onboard to push faster patches and fix bugs for release but in reality they put you several steps backwards. This is so disappointing for a game that had so much potential. I was looking forward to the standalone expansion but frankly I,m scared to put my trust back in your team unless things turn around substantially pretty quickly. I mean you did state this was release right or is this still the buggy preview?
  • ArcticWarriorArcticWarrior Join Date: 2017-01-27 Member: 227305Members
    kyle101 wrote: »

There will be no multiplayer. This has been stated many times in the past
  • woodtripwoodtrip Join Date: 2018-12-18 Member: 246181Members
    The game crashes when I try to load my save file, It will open on second attempt. I'm playing on Xbox one.
  • AbsentmindedAbsentminded United States Join Date: 2018-12-18 Member: 246183Members
    Fix the PRAWN clipping through the floor! Seriously! Late game is basically unplayable!
  • teachbugteachbug Join Date: 2017-07-24 Member: 232002Members
    PLEASE PLEASE give back the dev commands........PLEASE!
  • SeanKHSeanKH Severn, MD Join Date: 2016-10-20 Member: 223263Members
    Will the update work on old saved games or do we need to start a new game?
  • phixeasphixeas Edmonton, AB Join Date: 2018-12-18 Member: 246198Members
    Just played after update. Lots of Issues still. Game has huge potential but is losing momentum for me on xbox as glitches are just taking away from the fun. Usually take 2 or 3 times to boot up a save file, will have to close out of game and restart. Map doesn't load or doesn't keep up when traveling. Resource issues, only scanner room was showing location of objects on to have them spawn in front of me after tagged on my hud. Clipping, Lagging. Having really Deadly Fauna just disappear from sight and unable to keep an eye on them from distance, only to have them show up right on top. Lots of frustrations with base building, Moonpool doesn't want to dock anything after I load back into game (structure legs are up and not against ocean bed) have to add or remove a room to get it to start docking again.
  • CrustyGrapeCrustyGrape United States Join Date: 2018-03-03 Member: 238530Members
    SeanKH wrote: »
    Will the update work on old saved games or do we need to start a new game?
    I am still able to use my old save files from a year ago after the updates. Are you sure that it is not letting you use them? If so can you please tell me what message it is telling you when trying to load an old save. Thank You :)

• RboxRbox Belgium Join Date: 2018-03-17 Member: 239227Members

All those yapping about MP all the time. Sick & tired of it. All they want is to shoot each other through the head. Or destroy their buildings. You know there are no assault weapons in SubN?? What would one do in MP SubN anyway? Three..... , no, make that a million cheers for Single Player games Hoorah. Fall over and die EA ceo.
    phixeas wrote: »
    Moonpool doesn't want to dock anything after I load back into game (structure legs are up and not against ocean bed) have to add or remove a room to get it to start docking again.

Leave the Seamoth right under the Moonpool and get out. It will eventually suck it in.
    Shouldn't this post be in the Xbox section???
  • JustJelleJustJelle Netherlands Join Date: 2018-12-13 Member: 245614Members
    Any news/progress to getting the game in the countries where it wasnt available before? Im still waiting here in the netherlands.
    Rbox wrote: »

All those yapping about MP all the time. Sick & tired of it. All they want is to shoot each other through the head. Or destroy their buildings. You know there are no assault weapons in SubN?? What would one do in MP SubN anyway? Three..... , no, make that a million cheers for Single Player games Hoorah. Fall over and die EA ceo.

How about just exploring and building with friends? Doesnt have to be a shooter at all
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    No to MP. The whole point of the game is that you are the ONLY survivor on the planet.
  • ocamdocamd Join Date: 2018-12-17 Member: 246049Members
    edited December 2018
    For those experiencing vehicles not docking in moon pool this was an old bug, very old. The simple fix is to use habitat building and remove vehicle upgrade console and replace it, no resources lost. There is merit to co-op if you just want to build bases, farm, and such. It is a very beautiful game and very relaxing when it isn't being buggy.
  • Kid_Hosey421Kid_Hosey421 Ohio Join Date: 2018-12-11 Member: 245489Members
    Will someone PLEASE HELP ME!! Still not able to get pass the title screen. Loads up to the page showing play and options. But nothing happens, just frozen. I have to hit the home button to get out of screen. (XBOX 1X)
  • LadyAlexielLadyAlexiel United States Join Date: 2018-12-18 Member: 246289Members
    edited December 2018
    This is in reguards to the 1.0.0.30 update. Playing on xbox one after the update had some terrain pop in issues even in the safe shallows, took a few minutes of waiting to get it to load properly and i couldnt go too fast in the seamoth. My loading screen for the game im playing has a very slow load time, it was better before the last update. And I also had a strange glitch when on the Aurora, when swiming closer to a pda in a locker in the corner of the locker room, the entire wall dissapears and i can see the terrain around it, just in that corner it happens, that was happening before the last update though. I also had a question about bulkheads, has the interactions with them been removed? because when i go to open my bulkheads they just fly open and i can go through them. Started happening before this update. I simply love this game. I played it in early access on xbox one for quite awhile, and still haven't finished the game yet. lol Scares the living crap out of me. But I am looking forward to seeing everything the full release has to offer me.
  • elfcrisiselfcrisis Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230466Members
    For a minute, I was excited to go download the patch. Glad I read here first. I know you guys want to get updates out fast, but it feels like you're rushing things and it's not going well. I still wonder if there are variations in xbox architecture that you can't account for in testing, and that's part of why you still have problems, but again, it feels like you're rushing and missing stuff because of it.

Keep working on it, though. You've made something wonderful and I want to see it succeed.
    ocamd wrote: »
    For those experiencing vehicles not docking in moon pool this was an old bug, very old. The simple fix is to use habitat building and remove vehicle upgrade console and replace it, no resources lost. There is merit to co-op if you just want to build bases, farm, and such. It is a very beautiful game and very relaxing when it isn't being buggy.

Leave the Seamoth right under the Moonpool and get out. It will eventually suck it in.
  • mackemleo92mackemleo92 United Kingdom Join Date: 2018-12-19 Member: 246350Members
    Still with the long waiting times when saving the game. (xbox one)

Currently down near the research facility which like most people will know has quite a few creatures that want to attack you and your cyclops. So every now and then you have to go outside and fix the holes. Considering my location the one thing i do right before exiting the vehicle is save the game. Just as a precaution. The problem with this is that it takes so long for it to actually save. The 'please wait' comes up and usually goes away and un pauses the game after a few seconds however the saving icon just keeps spinning and spinning signalling that it hasn't actually saved yet. Ive had to wait a good 3-4 minutes until its actually sorted itself out. Which some would say that its only a few minutes but when you have a ghost leviathan somewhere behind you that has chosen you as its late night snack it can be quite frustrating.

I love the game to pieces and have played since it was first brought to xbox but come on for something as simple as saving the game this shouldn't be an issue.
  • XplcrafterXplcrafter Australia Join Date: 2018-12-20 Member: 246454Members
    Hi unknown worlds I can’t launch my subnautica and I have done everything possible to troubleshoot it and nothing works please fix/help because the whole community loves your game I love the game so please please add a patch so it will launch and when is below zero coming out pls
  • XplcrafterXplcrafter Australia Join Date: 2018-12-20 Member: 246454Members
    Also when is below zero coming out exactly
  • CrustyGrapeCrustyGrape United States Join Date: 2018-03-03 Member: 238530Members
    Rbox wrote: »

Well your opinion is very biased due to your obviously preferred "Single Player" game style. Although I enjoy Subnautica as a single player game, a multiplayer function would allow a whole new aspect of Subnautica for those who enjoy teamwork. Multiplayer isn't just competitive "shoot each other in the head". Most every person wanting multiplayer wants to survive 4546b with their friend. Relying on each other to survive. For example; One person can stay back and farm food and maintain the base while the other goes and gathers materials so they can improve their chances. A multiplayer function would add a lot of co-op especially for a difficulty like Hardcore. You're entitled to you opinion but please don't respond negatively to others who are just trying to share theirs. This is a forum after all and nobody is requiring you to read it. Game on! ~JC
    Any updates on the countries where the game is still missing? Still waiting here in the netherlands, guess one positive thing is that most bugs will be fixed by the time i get it :P