Any ETA on next PC update?

DaALCDaALC UK Join Date: 2018-10-02 Member: 243914Members
Since streaming 30+ hours of hard mode and then glitching through the floor and dying, I have been waiting for an update to the steam version to address some of the bugs and stuff before I play and stream again. Any ETA on when we will see the fireaxis improvements for the PC version?

Comments

• TyderfTyderf Join Date: 2015-12-31 Member: 210696Members
    Hey man I feel bad for 31 views and no comments so I am replying to you.
  • MazzyMazzy Australia Join Date: 2018-03-11 Member: 238890Members
    I am doing my first run in Hardcore mode, the game bugged out in the aurora and i thought i was finished a quick console command got me out of trouble. But i to would like to know if there is another update to be released soonish.
  • TyderfTyderf Join Date: 2015-12-31 Member: 210696Members
    edited December 2018
    Mazzy wrote: »
    I am doing my first run in Hardcore mode, the game bugged out in the aurora and i thought i was finished a quick console command got me out of trouble. But i to would like to know if there is another update to be released soonish.

Yo I did a hardcore run and got glitched out of cyclops almost died but I used console command thank goodness.

nodamage, warpme saves lives
  • MarkJohnsonMarkJohnson Join Date: 2018-12-08 Member: 245346Members
    Have you tried the experimental mode? It has been updated several times since early this years and has had tons of updates.

Not sure about your issues, but I only have played a few hours so far.

It doesn't seem to regenerate health anymore. I got hit my a cave fish that has the sulfur I needed for my equipment (repair Gun IIRC) and took 53 damage. So I had 47 health left, I still have 47 health after a few game days of time pass.

But other than that, it seems fine so far. Plays smoother as well.

I am using the Steam version.

You can get the experimental branch by right clicking the subnautica name in your library on the left sidebar and selecting properties, then clicking on the BETAS tab and selecting the experimental branch. No password needed.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Health regens when you have over ... was it 85%? both food and water level. So max out food and water and you should (slowly) regen health.
  • DaALCDaALC UK Join Date: 2018-10-02 Member: 243914Members
    Yeah I tried experimental a while back but had whole sections of the seabed that would not load sometimes, but of course bugs are to be expected in experimental.
    I don't mind waiting for a solid update, just wondering if I have something to look forward to soon.
    Seeing plenty of talk of bugs in the console releases, so maybe they are holding back till everything is polished up.
    Either way, no streaming Subnautica for me until I see an update!
    When my death happened I went through a teleporter and appeared somewhere in the ground. You can see the glitch and death here:
  • RasandeRasande Canada Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213655Members
    I was about to make a thread on this very subject! Good thing I saw this one.

There are still a few older issues that I had experienced in Early Access that are still around..like swarms of little fishes swimming through your base or actual fish and predator fish just swimming right into your base like there's nothing there. That's always weird. There are a couple of newer issues I've run into too but I'm rambling here...

Does anyone know or if a Dev sees this are there any planned updates coming for the Steam PC release of Subnautica? I'm drowning to know!
    edited December 2018
    Oh I just noticed for some reason i said firaxis in the original post, I meant Panic Button, brain fart!

They said a while back that the Panic Button improvements will also be coming to the PC version at some point.
    Oh and the Unity engine upgrade!

https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/154952/subnautica-steam-console-expansion-update