Any other XBox One users noticing a problem of scarce resources?

archmage94archmage94 Join Date: 2018-06-07 Member: 241200Members
I recently started a new save on Subnautica for the 1.0 release (I play on Freedom Mode, i'm not up for managing hunger and thirst IN ADDITION to oxygen and health, fight me) and I am noticing resources are extremely scarce, like that giant coral tube that's usually filled to the brim with resources was completely empty for me, I assume this is a bug

Comments

• KeilenKeilen Norway Join Date: 2018-12-06 Member: 245190Members
    Yes! I've restarted multiple times now, and there is always one or more biome that is almost completely dead of resources, small fish and fragments. On my current save I can't even build a moonpool because of the fragments won't spawn. Game breaking bug for sure. Hopefully they are working on a fix.
  • GoHeat1988GoHeat1988 United States Join Date: 2018-05-25 Member: 240922Members
    Yeah, they posted something on their Twitter account acknowledging this 'bad' bug. See twitter.com/SubnauticaXbox/status/1069960473876094977
  • odst21711odst21711 Join Date: 2018-12-04 Member: 245139Members
    edited December 2018
    archmage94 wrote: »
    I recently started a new save on Subnautica for the 1.0 release (I play on Freedom Mode, i'm not up for managing hunger and thirst IN ADDITION to oxygen and health, fight me) and I am noticing resources are extremely scarce, like that giant coral tube that's usually filled to the brim with resources was completely empty for me, I assume this is a bug
    Keilen wrote: »
    Yes! I've restarted multiple times now, and there is always one or more biome that is almost completely dead of resources, small fish and fragments. On my current save I can't even build a moonpool because of the fragments won't spawn. Game breaking bug for sure. Hopefully they are working on a fix.

Yeah, I've had a similar problem. Resources will load in say, a the chunk of the Grassy Plateau biome, and in the same biome, the next chunk over will have absolutely nothing but floaters and quartz. Sometimes, leaving my Seamoth and getting closer will cause them to load, which is pretty inconvenient because I'm not able to cruise around and look for resources.

All in all, if you want to keep your save and keep playing, what I'd recommend is travelling in a circular pattern with the lifepod in the center, and going to different instances of each biome. Fragments and resources that are supposed to appear in each biome usually will load in a different instance of the biome for me.

Also, important fragments are a bit sparsely located for me. For instance, I'll have to travel to 3 different TreeMushroom biomes and search carefully for the moonpool fragments. It's good in a way, because it feels a bit more realistic to not be able to easily locate something in an ocean, but sometimes I feel stagnant because the world doesn't have ludicrous amounts of resources like it used to.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We have a fix for this issue already in Microsoft certification. Hopefully it should be out very soon.
  • archmage94archmage94 Join Date: 2018-06-07 Member: 241200Members
    edited December 2018
    Awesome, and looking forward to the Dev Menu being back in, now I don't normally cheat for the sake of it but one command I like using is the Oxygen cheat, not for me, but my sister likes to watch me play but she's bothered by the idea of drowning, even seeing it happen so I would turn on the cheat for her so she's not bothered by seeing me drown, cause, well, that means I won't drown
  • CYN3RGYCYN3RGY Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245288Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We have a fix for this issue already in Microsoft certification. Hopefully it should be out very soon.

This is great. I can't find diamond anywhere. There are no shale deposits on either the mountain island or in the mushroom forest. It's rather frustrating being stuck without a cutting torch.
  • scubadubascubaduba Deutschland Join Date: 2018-12-07 Member: 245286Members
    Same problem here. Lost hours of gaming while searching for sandstone crops and fragments of the laser cutter (still searching). Furthermore I got a lot of performance issues.
    I played it before on my notebook (early access), which was great. I looked forward to try it on my new xb1x, but so far it's quite frustrating.
  • Pirate_finPirate_fin Finland Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217797Members
    Started new game on tuesday when the game was "released" and now i'm having the resource bug. Going to wait for the patch now and start from the beginning again :(

I don't know how playtesters missed this bug, because it's not like only one person has it and i hope that in the future developers test their games better, so bugs like this don't happen again.

I really like Subnautica and i hope that i can finish the game at some point without having to restart everytime when a patch is released.
    Yeah, though to be fair, Unknown Worlds isn't used to developing for consoles, granted yes it is kind of stupid that a bug this bad somehow slipped past play testing
  • sloppychops68sloppychops68 Join Date: 2017-03-05 Member: 228614Members
    I also have the lack of resources problem and when i went in the aurora to the prawn bay the repair panel has no hit box. I had to wait until i had a propultion gun and go the other way in and there is no hit box on the opposite side of door also. Game does run better than before but is still slow at rendering in the terrain on xbox still love the game
  • Boomfist93Boomfist93 Join Date: 2018-12-10 Member: 245432Members
    Glad to hear the developers are working on a fix for the lack of resources/scan-able blueprints/fish resources. The other major issue I'm encountering is that I cannot dock my Seamoth in my Moonpool. The Moonpool normally picks up the Seamoth automatically when you float underneath it, now nothing happens. I hope they fix this as well. I can't wait to play this game when it's fully polished and completed.
    I've been playing in Creative until the fix is released but I haven't had the Moonpool issue so far