Move "Concede" to commander

borkbork Brest, Belarus Join Date: 2018-08-10 Member: 242760Members
edited November 2018 in Ideas and Suggestions
When commander surrender, he should start the vote for game end. Not the team, what get emotions after each kill.

Remove concede from team, add this button to hive/CC.

If commander press it - the team can press X menu and click button, what appear there (means "i agreed, concede"). Damn my team concede when i have 5 RTs.... i tried ask, tried cry, tried medspam after first concede proposal - guys just think that gamewin is the lucky, if no - restart.

After commander pressing this button - one eject vote enough to eject and replace it to new commander if you sure, that you can get the game.

Concede allows players restart the game without punish. That's bad. If he must press F4 and wait in ready room (like ns1) or rejoin to allow other player to connect - would be great.
Better shout "F4 guys" than "let's restart"

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    bork wrote: »
    When commander surrender, he should start the vote for game end. Not the team, what get emotions after each kill.

Remove concede from team, add this button to hive/CC.

If commander press it - the team can press X menu and click button, what appear there (means "i agreed, concede"). Damn my team concede when i have 5 RTs.... i tried ask, tried cry, tried medspam after first concede proposal - guys just think that gamewin is the lucky, if no - restart.

After commander pressing this button - one eject vote enough to eject and replace it to new commander if you sure, that you can get the game.

Concede allows players restart the game without punish. That's bad. If he must press F4 and wait in ready room (like ns1) or rejoin to allow other player to connect - would be great.
    Better shout "F4 guys" than "let's restart"

It's already hard enough to get people to finish a concede vote, now you'd need to convince someone to start it as well. I don't think this is a good idea. How often have you had lost because your commander wouldn't communicate at all? You would have to play all those matches to the bitter end now.
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    This honestly sounds like a "recycle IPs" alternative, which in theory is kinda nice, but would/could lead to comm trolling pretty easily.
  • borkbork Brest, Belarus Join Date: 2018-08-10 Member: 242760Members
    edited November 2018
    Understand. But team of trolls vs one comm troll... Its about we choose freedom instead of give oportunity one guy and getting chaos with freedom in time we can punish one guy by votekick/voteban
    So commander punish its often practics. I see half team + spectators wants to end the game, i sell the ips, and people ban me for 2 minutes because "there is a rules - not sell ip".

Who's right? rulewriter or 12 guys waiting for play? nvm
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer

The rule writer... its their server, don't like it? play elsewhere.

Those 12 people waiting to play could be seeding a different server, populating instead of queuing in a system not intended for queuing.

Giving 1 person the opportunity to troll is always a bad idea and as such, should be avoided. A "team of trolls" is incredibly unlikely, and if the whole team is trolling and you're the only one that disagrees... why should there be a mechanic that panders to your whims? you are the minority in that situation.
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2018
    dno about your idea but the whole "jump on the concede train" cause one random guy voted to is way past old.
    Increase amount of votes required, or don't enable the concede option until X minutes. Typically pubs are "oh we lost 2 rt's 6 minutes in, concede bois"
  • skav2skav2 Join Date: 2007-05-28 Member: 61037Members, Reinforced - Gold
  • borkbork Brest, Belarus Join Date: 2018-08-10 Member: 242760Members
    edited November 2018
    Kasharic wrote: »

Those 12 people waiting to play could be seeding a different server, populating instead of queuing in a system not intended for queuing.

Giving 1 person the opportunity to troll is always a bad idea and as such, should be avoided. A "team of trolls" is incredibly unlikely, and if the whole team is trolling and you're the only one that disagrees... why should there be a mechanic that panders to your whims? you are the minority in that situation.

Just tired of question: "why we concede? we have 5rts"
    Reason is: guy was killed by high-tier skulk and except of complaining - he's convincing team to surrender...

Currently one solution is - become FUNNY comm - you start to laugh, joke and increase moral of rest team. It stops conceding for a now... People psy.
    Yep, its leader thing... but not the requirement of commanders :)
  • sXLgsXLg China Join Date: 2019-03-04 Member: 251499Members
    However the problem is,not all commanders know exactly when to concede.
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    Kasharic wrote: »

Just tired of question: "why we concede? we have 5rts"
    Reason is: guy was killed by high-tier skulk and except of complaining - he's convincing team to surrender...

Currently one solution is - become FUNNY comm - you start to laugh, joke and increase moral of rest team. It stops conceding for a now... People psy.
    Yep, its leader thing... but not the requirement of commanders :)

Montgomery was a narcissistic arse, and his commanding skills were questionable at best (El Alamein was more of a luck than skills).
    BUT, he was a terrific motivator for the troops. That quality of his landed him as one of the greatest generals of the 20th century....
    Sure, this is just a game, but the same logic applies on a smaller scale ;]
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    And here I thought this is just a request to be able to vote concede from within the chair (or is that already possible?)
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    Mephilles wrote: »
    And here I thought this is just a request to be able to vote concede from within the chair (or is that already possible?)

I don't know if it's an NS2+ feature, but you can concede as a comm by pressing M in the chair.
  • NintendowsNintendows Join Date: 2016-11-07 Member: 223716Members, Squad Five Blue
    .trixX. wrote: »
    Mephilles wrote: »

I don't know if it's an NS2+ feature, but you can concede as a comm by pressing M in the chair.

That's a Shine feature. Like many features in that mod, it really should just be vanilla.
  • CombatEngineerCombatEngineer Join Date: 2019-03-04 Member: 251511Members
    What if a concede vote started by the commander would require less votes to pass?
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    What if a concede vote started by the commander would require less votes to pass?

How would this be fair?
  • CombatEngineerCombatEngineer Join Date: 2019-03-04 Member: 251511Members
    edited March 2019
    Well, it seems to me that the concept of fairness doesn't really apply here. In most concede votes there is simply one correct option that will maximize everyone's fun. The hard part is that (as the original poster mentioned) ground troops often get too caught in action to see it. The commander usually has the best information about the overall state of the match and its probable outcome. Therefore it would be in the best interest of the team that the most informed person made the call.

However, commanders can get pretty emotional too, so giving them total control over conceding isn't optimal as well. Maybe simply increasing the weight of the commanders vote would be enough to guide the vote in the right direction while giving the team an option to overrule the comm when he/she is obviously wrong.