It seems we have our new music person

Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members

As for the rest of the audio, Power Up Audio will be handling that if you didn't already know.

Comments

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited October 2018
    I don't know about this.

While they both have pretty clear and obvious talent and skill, at least what I've heard from their music, most of it doesn't fit with Subnautica very well.

A majority, if not all of what I heard of Ben Prunty's music simply has either too fast of a tempo, or has just too much reliance on high-pitched machine/electronic sounding beeps. A far cry from the mostly slow, building tones, perfectly capturing the intensity or tranquility of a moment.

Also, something to be said of for both new sound designers, from what I could find, neither of them have worked for a game that is anything like Subnautica. Mainly older style, sprite- based, RPG's and shooters.

I just fear that these two won't live up to Simon's beautiful work, and that people will drag the mess from February back into the light.

• MaalterommMaalteromm Brasil Join Date: 2017-09-22 Member: 233183Members
    I agree with @Skope, but I love Ben Prunty's work.
    I'm optimistic that it will turn out great, yet it won't be Simon. The comparisons will be inevitable.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Skope wrote: »
    I don't know about this.

While they both have pretty clear and obvious talent and skill, at least what I've heard from their music, most of it doesn't fit with Subnautica very well.

A majority, if not all of what I heard of Ben Prunty's music simply has either too fast of a tempo, or has just too much reliance on high-pitched machine/electronic sounding beeps. A far cry from the mostly slow, building tones, perfectly capturing the intensity or tranquility of a moment.

Also, something to be said of for both new sound designers, from what I could find, neither of them have worked for a game that is anything like Subnautica. Mainly older style, sprite- based, RPG's and shooters.

I just fear that these two won't live up to Simon's beautiful work, and that people will drag the mess from February back into the light.

I'm assuming he's enough of a professional to go through the paces and listen to the old score, hopefully play the game and chill in different biomes, and absorb the essence of what he's trying to continue.