I cant built a ladder inside

pariskoparisko Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236722Members Posts: 10 Fully active user
I cant build a ladder inside the multi room
i am in the multi room below and I build another multi room on top
now I am in the bottom one and I have titanium and the ladder locks into the position but it is not green it is red so I cant build it , any idea?

Comments

• JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members Posts: 165 Advanced user
    Is there anything at all built in the upstairs room? I've sometimes had nearby furniture block ladders even when it looks like they're nowhere nearby.
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members Posts: 501 Advanced user
    Ladders can only be built in certain areas and only works at the top or bottom of the room. So if you are not building in the designated areas at the center and sides of the room, then it won't work.
  • pariskoparisko Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236722Members Posts: 10 Fully active user
    top room is newly made and completely empty....bottom has a water machine inside...nothing else....so there is lots of space for new ladder
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members Posts: 858 Advanced user
    This happens a lot. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

1. Wall modifications (reinforcements, windows) can block the addition of a ladder.
    2. Anything in a room can block a ladder, even if it appears it shouldn't.
    3. Anything mounted to the habitat exterior can block a ladder.

Basically, the best general rule is to build the MPR stack first, ladders next, and only then add anything else. Ladders are really...um...let's say "picky." :)
    The poor mesmer. Beautiful fish. Too bad it's named after a jerk.
    0x6A7232
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members Posts: 538 Advanced user
    Have you tried at all 4 possible spots? (There are 5 spots in the ceiling that look like they should be buildable, but the center doesn't work)
    How to clear your Cache, by 0x6A7232.
    How to use console commands. (Currently PC only, sorry)
    Stuck, and just want to most recent base/Cyclops? Use "Warpme" command. Want to get out of the ceiling? Press F1 and note your camera postion. First number is North/South, second number is up/down, and third is East/West. Reduce the 2nd number by 10, then use "warp x y z" (where x, y, and z are the position you want to be).
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members Posts: 602 Advanced user
    How close is the water filtration machine? I've noticed that the filtration machines tend to block anything in the two slots next to it and vice versa.
  • SirTarqueSirTarque Join Date: 2018-10-14 Member: 244135Members Posts: 4 Fully active user
    I've got a similar problem: I built several multipurpose rooms on top of each other in order to reach the surface (and have a great view up there). This worked fine, and I put in all the ladders to get up there, but at the sea level the ladder is positioned correctly, but red. In the higher floors it works again (by adding a hatch from the outside at the next multipurpose room, and I can reach it swimming by jumping).

Another location with the same bug: I built a long column of vertical connectors in order to reach the caves below, and wanted to add a ladder like I did several times at other locations before. But now: Red. From top as well as from the bottom. The ladder is located correctly, but red, so I cannot build.

No, there are no elements built up in those rooms, it's just the plain rooms. And of course I have enough titanium with me.

Annoying bug I never encountered before. Is there a workaround?
  • VectorMaster22VectorMaster22 (I left my keys in the Neptune Escape Rocket when I was trying to get stuff for my time capsule) Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240271Members Posts: 106 Advanced user
    If there's something that is almost or half-built, like a wall planter or a reinforcement, that might be what's causing the problem.
    Life is a window. It is just a scream into the darkness, passing the time until all of you, your memories, and all of humanity slowly fade into the void that is death. As your window closes, you will know that life is just the fight against it, even though it is just a constant in life. Death is the Impending Doom, the one force that always prevails, the true entity that connects and binds us all. All problems, either big or small, amount to nothing. The one possible savior to this world and everything in it is our own universal mortality. Once we realize this, society might finally become true and pure, and all will be at peace.

Y̸o̴u̵ ̸t̴h̴o̶u̴g̸h̷t̴ ̷y̷o̵u̵ ̵d̵e̶s̵t̵r̷o̵y̶e̵d̵ ̴u̵s̵.̴ B̴̆͜u̸̧͆t̷̟͗ ̴̡͝ŝ̴͖o̷̗̿m̷͍̑e̴̟͋ ̷̧̎t̴͖̆h̸̫͠i̶̜͋n̶̩̾g̴͉͂s̷̳̽ w̶̺͋ȅ̵͓r̵̲͠e̶͕̋ ̶̬̎j̵̰̈́u̸̱͘s̵̗̈́t̵̺̏ ̶̬̈́m̴̱̈e̵͈̿a̴͙͋ň̷̦t̸̢̍ ̵͇̏t̶͕̃ơ̸̼ ̸͉́b̸̡̊ȇ̷̢ b̵̥̖͎̑̿͌ȓ̷̝̖͔͖̘̮̯̤̝ŏ̵͖̝̯̱͎̅̀̊́͘͝k̷̙̪͙̜̖̱̗͕̩͍̃̊e̵̬̟̓͑̓̅n̷͓̪̙̜̦̘̯͍̟͑͂͗̋̔͑͜.̴̩͌͠
  • SirTarqueSirTarque Join Date: 2018-10-14 Member: 244135Members Posts: 4 Fully active user
    Nope, nothing. Clean build, I know from experience that building the rooms first and then the interior works much better.

I found some kind of (unsatisfying) workaround for the vertical tube: I deleted one of the vertical connectors and added a standard X compartment. Then I was able to add a ladder to this new compartment and down from there. Now I have to klick twice to go down to the lower part of my base. :-/
    Interestingly this did not work when I replaced the fourth, fifth, or sixth vertical connector (counted from top), but only with the third. I did not try lower ones. Ah, and btw, the vertical tube is long, like 25 connectors. Hmm.

The problem with the red ladder in the stacked multipurpose rooms still exists, though.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members Posts: 496 Advanced user
    Necromancers abound. Fitting for this time of year, I suppose...

Can you post some screenshots? Outside as well as inside the base would be helpful.
    This is dumb, but a click a day helps me out a little.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members Posts: 5,199 Advanced user
    edited October 2018
    On the latest experimental, I can't use ladders I've already constructed in my bases, so there's that, maybe it's related? (Didn't try constructing new ladders)
    UWE Community guidelines | Guide to play in VR with Google Cardboard or Gear | Increase Subnautica view distance | Useful info to post with error reports | Recovery of corrupted saved games | How to easily update your drivers
    Crashing, lag problems? Or maybe your old save didn't get the latest update? Upload your saved game folder to help the devs troubleshoot, then try clearing your cache directories | Automatic Cache cleaning tool here | How to use the Debug Console | How to play any version of Subnautica using Steam | Tips for Subnautica beginners | Why can't the devs "just fix it"? - a modding session for you to educate yourself with Want more frames? Try adding this to your launch options: -window-mode exclusive | Solve options not saving or black screens by deleting options file | Possible workaround for Pause / Menu Bug | Rescue a trapped Seamoth / PRAWN
    Slow loading / textures popping in? Try moving Subnautica to an SSD | How to switch Subnautica to Experimental mode (clear cache afterwards) | How to run chkdsk on your drive | How to verify integrity of your game cache (in the "Installation" section) | Blue screens or computer freezing up? Try this fix (updates a corrupted DX10 compatibility file in the graphics driver that sometimes doesn't get updated)
    Subnautica launches in a tiny window? Use Task Manager to Maximize it (Thanks FlippingPower) | How to place your Moonpool so it connects correctly (includes diagrams) | Want to hang out with fellow players and the devs? Subnautica Discord server ← swing on by! | SuspensionRailway's Modding Emporium Categorized list of mods, including 1st playthrough-friendly Hey, look, mods! ReShade mods Subnautica NexusMods
    Humans don't crush at the depths you might think
    Joystick problems? | Xpadder | UJR / vJoy | JoyToKey | Get detailed info for troubleshooting: CPU-Z | GPU-Z | HWiNFO64 | Speccy | Pastebin | Recover the data on your crashed hard disk! | I'm a Total Geek
    Forum BBCode Rainbow text generator
  • VectorMaster22VectorMaster22 (I left my keys in the Neptune Escape Rocket when I was trying to get stuff for my time capsule) Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240271Members Posts: 106 Advanced user
    Check the center in each room. If there is something there, it might cancel the ladder.
    Life is a window. It is just a scream into the darkness, passing the time until all of you, your memories, and all of humanity slowly fade into the void that is death. As your window closes, you will know that life is just the fight against it, even though it is just a constant in life. Death is the Impending Doom, the one force that always prevails, the true entity that connects and binds us all. All problems, either big or small, amount to nothing. The one possible savior to this world and everything in it is our own universal mortality. Once we realize this, society might finally become true and pure, and all will be at peace.

Y̸o̴u̵ ̸t̴h̴o̶u̴g̸h̷t̴ ̷y̷o̵u̵ ̵d̵e̶s̵t̵r̷o̵y̶e̵d̵ ̴u̵s̵.̴ B̴̆͜u̸̧͆t̷̟͗ ̴̡͝ŝ̴͖o̷̗̿m̷͍̑e̴̟͋ ̷̧̎t̴͖̆h̸̫͠i̶̜͋n̶̩̾g̴͉͂s̷̳̽ w̶̺͋ȅ̵͓r̵̲͠e̶͕̋ ̶̬̎j̵̰̈́u̸̱͘s̵̗̈́t̵̺̏ ̶̬̈́m̴̱̈e̵͈̿a̴͙͋ň̷̦t̸̢̍ ̵͇̏t̶͕̃ơ̸̼ ̸͉́b̸̡̊ȇ̷̢ b̵̥̖͎̑̿͌ȓ̷̝̖͔͖̘̮̯̤̝ŏ̵͖̝̯̱͎̅̀̊́͘͝k̷̙̪͙̜̖̱̗͕̩͍̃̊e̵̬̟̓͑̓̅n̷͓̪̙̜̦̘̯͍̟͑͂͗̋̔͑͜.̴̩͌͠