I cant built a ladder inside

pariskoparisko Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236722Members
I cant build a ladder inside the multi room
i am in the multi room below and I build another multi room on top
now I am in the bottom one and I have titanium and the ladder locks into the position but it is not green it is red so I cant build it , any idea?

Comments

• JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    Is there anything at all built in the upstairs room? I've sometimes had nearby furniture block ladders even when it looks like they're nowhere nearby.
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    Ladders can only be built in certain areas and only works at the top or bottom of the room. So if you are not building in the designated areas at the center and sides of the room, then it won't work.
  • pariskoparisko Join Date: 2018-02-03 Member: 236722Members
    top room is newly made and completely empty....bottom has a water machine inside...nothing else....so there is lots of space for new ladder
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    This happens a lot. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

1. Wall modifications (reinforcements, windows) can block the addition of a ladder.
    2. Anything in a room can block a ladder, even if it appears it shouldn't.
    3. Anything mounted to the habitat exterior can block a ladder.

Basically, the best general rule is to build the MPR stack first, ladders next, and only then add anything else. Ladders are really...um...let's say "picky." :)
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Have you tried at all 4 possible spots? (There are 5 spots in the ceiling that look like they should be buildable, but the center doesn't work)
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    How close is the water filtration machine? I've noticed that the filtration machines tend to block anything in the two slots next to it and vice versa.
  • SirTarqueSirTarque Join Date: 2018-10-14 Member: 244135Members
    I've got a similar problem: I built several multipurpose rooms on top of each other in order to reach the surface (and have a great view up there). This worked fine, and I put in all the ladders to get up there, but at the sea level the ladder is positioned correctly, but red. In the higher floors it works again (by adding a hatch from the outside at the next multipurpose room, and I can reach it swimming by jumping).

Another location with the same bug: I built a long column of vertical connectors in order to reach the caves below, and wanted to add a ladder like I did several times at other locations before. But now: Red. From top as well as from the bottom. The ladder is located correctly, but red, so I cannot build.

No, there are no elements built up in those rooms, it's just the plain rooms. And of course I have enough titanium with me.

Annoying bug I never encountered before. Is there a workaround?
  • VectorMaster22VectorMaster22 (I left my keys in the Neptune Escape Rocket when I was trying to get stuff for my time capsule) Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240271Members
    If there's something that is almost or half-built, like a wall planter or a reinforcement, that might be what's causing the problem.
    Nope, nothing. Clean build, I know from experience that building the rooms first and then the interior works much better.

I found some kind of (unsatisfying) workaround for the vertical tube: I deleted one of the vertical connectors and added a standard X compartment. Then I was able to add a ladder to this new compartment and down from there. Now I have to klick twice to go down to the lower part of my base. :-/
    Interestingly this did not work when I replaced the fourth, fifth, or sixth vertical connector (counted from top), but only with the third. I did not try lower ones. Ah, and btw, the vertical tube is long, like 25 connectors. Hmm.

The problem with the red ladder in the stacked multipurpose rooms still exists, though.
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Necromancers abound. Fitting for this time of year, I suppose...

Can you post some screenshots? Outside as well as inside the base would be helpful.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited October 2018
    On the latest experimental, I can't use ladders I've already constructed in my bases, so there's that, maybe it's related? (Didn't try constructing new ladders)
  • VectorMaster22VectorMaster22 (I left my keys in the Neptune Escape Rocket when I was trying to get stuff for my time capsule) Join Date: 2018-04-23 Member: 240271Members
    Check the center in each room. If there is something there, it might cancel the ladder.